Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Someone who's experienced in sound editing
Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 17, 2006 10:27

I want to remix, and I have a chance to get this product. [www.zzounds.com]
Is this a good product, and it has no problems with remixing?

Maybe this is a type of thing Mickboy used to remaster those albums.

Re: Someone who's experienced in sound editing
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 17, 2006 11:07

Cubase is one of the big guns when it comes to audio & is highly recommended. What do you want to do exactly? . What do you mean by 'remix'? If all you want to do is paste various sections together then an audio editor such as Soundforge or cooleditpro (I can help you with that one) might be all you need.

If you've never worked with audio before you've got a SERIOUS learning curve in front of with cubase

Have you tried out steinberg.net to see if there's a demo/tial version you can try out first, these are usually time limited or have 'save' features disabled but you can try the whole proggy out before you buy. I might have some trial versions that I'll have a look for after I get back from my gig tonight.

There's a reference on one of mickboys cd's (can't find it @ the moment) that he DIDN'T use any computor stuff to achieve what he did, so I'm guessing he used hardware such as mixers, equalisers, filters of some sort.

Date: May 17, 2006 21:18

I see it on eBay real cheap, less than $100. And I can't find a Windows trial version. I have Sound Forge 8, but it cannot do What I want, I want to remaster just like Mickboy. I might even pursue audio editing or producing as a career if I'm good at this. If you could send me a Windows trial version that'd be great. I can't find any free programs that'll let you remaster songs.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 17, 2006 21:45

try trial version of cool pro..
you can editing..and past,cut away mid freq,and ias i alwas do when it 's aud recordings high soft,iv'e tryed once charlie patton(1927-34) 78 rpm.with lots scrach and pop.and i get it clean..

Date: May 17, 2006 23:53

Thanks, but it does not have the key feature I'm looking for. I want to be able to rip every instrument and vocals from a song, and re mix it.

Date: May 18, 2006 04:57

I just bought it on Ebay, for $25. About a few hundred less then the retail price. Now let's see if it really does what I think it can do. In a week or two when it arrives, I'll post on how it worked out (or didn't work out).

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: May 18, 2006 20:49

TatteredTongue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want to be able to rip every
> instrument and vocals from a song, and re mix it.

Can you do it with that program?? I mean, can you separate the tracks where a song was recorded??

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: May 18, 2006 21:32

I'm crossing my fingers. It has a feature that sounds like it's what I'm looking for. But I don't know till I get my hands on it, because I don't understand that fancy mumbo-jumbo talk. And the screenshots looks like that's what it's doing. And if it's not, I'll just sell it on eBay for a profit.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 19, 2006 02:01

TatteredTongue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, but it does not have the key feature I'm
> looking for. I want to be able to rip every
> instrument and vocals from a song, and re mix it.

sorry to say TT, but you don't HAVE the seperate Stones tracks.
so there is no way you can't remix them.
and there is no way to rip every instrument or vocal of a stereo recording.

get your hands on a original Stones multitrack tape - then you're talking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home