Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rockpassion
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 16, 2006 01:36

Quick question: Is it worth ponying up the money to join Rockpassion and access the entire site?

Re: Rockpassion
Posted by: kienan ()
Date: April 16, 2006 02:49

YES! By all means. Worth every penny. Easy downloads, no hassles, and no virus to worry about. J-P is doing Gods work. Amen. Enough ?

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 16, 2006 07:53

kienan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YES! By all means. Worth every penny. Easy
> downloads, no hassles, and no virus to worry
> about. J-P is doing Gods work. Amen. Enough ?

I'll second what kienan said

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: blues.boy ()
Date: April 16, 2006 08:35

Is it worth ponying up the money to join Rockpassion and access the entire site?

DEFINITIVELY yes,
I discovered many Stones gems on this site !!!

;-) from FRANCE

blues boy

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: April 16, 2006 14:36

I could nt agree more !! Worth ever penny! Every 3 days or so JP comes with fresh material ! He s doing a terrific job!!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 16, 2006 15:52

Could someone please tell me how I join Rockpassion? Many thanks.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: April 16, 2006 15:56

you can join me easily at stonefan@neuf.fr

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: April 16, 2006 16:33

yes doing great job with making conversion from FLAC>WAV>MP3 or MP3>WAV>MP3 or MP3 128KB > MP3 256 to looks like that is higher bitrate, well done really.

Date: April 16, 2006 16:41

sumi, don't be so bitter !
I use lots of original CDs too.
When I can, I improve the sound quality by increasing the sound level, by deleting noises etc etc
and on my site, you also have videos.

Posted by: stalemate97 ()
Date: April 16, 2006 16:42

I would like to join RockPassion too.
How to do ???

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 16, 2006 18:19

Most of what I am posting is from Rockpassion. Stonefan does great work in terms of bringing in new material,posting up to the minute shows,and increasing the sound quality of the music. I for one, will be a life long member.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 16, 2006 18:42

ROCKPASSION is worth every penny you pay and more. Pay it, and you're a lucky man!

Posted by: warhol ()
Date: April 17, 2006 00:39

what exactly is available through Rockpassion ? only mp3 audio ? what format is the video ?
thanks,
warhol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-17 00:40 by warhol.

Date: April 17, 2006 16:54

nice stonefan, you use original CD and convert in mp3.Any normal reason for that except money?? you really think that so easy to remove noise??It is horrible that anyone with PC want to be studio engineer....I guess that your video is divx or low bitrate mpeg

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 17, 2006 16:58

Stonefan, don't bother to retort to that. We do appreciate your work. Keep it up.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 17, 2006 19:51

SUMI try english, Then you can effectivley start insulting people.
Sumi you suck!
Stonesfan rocks! HE ALWAYS answers my stupid questions promptly and bends over backwards to help me get the shows I am looking for. I appreciate your help!!!

Go Dawgs!

Date: April 17, 2006 23:04

want to be clear. I have nothing personaly against stonefan. I just don't support his way of thinking.Collecting bootlegs is hobby. Every hobby cost.If you once make mp3 of wav, that recording never be as a source!!fact that somebody have not fast internet connection or don't want to pay for fast internet is NOT good reason for making mp3!!I as a taper feel very bad when I see that somobody make s**t of my recordings.I only taped one stones show, but taped many shows here in Serbia.Am I Idiot when i brought separetely Sony MiniDisk deck to have possibility to transfer record from MiniDisk to CD via optical cable???Am I idiot? On one side I give my best to put in circulation record in best possible quality, on other side someone make mp3 beacouse it is better for bussines or trading. Am i Idiot?? Can you be in position of taper? Can you imagine what size was recorders in 1969? You think that was easy to take care of that? sombody's hard work you will ruin with one move on computer. Is it normal?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 17, 2006 23:06

Just ease up & slow down.
The tapers do a great work as does Stonefan.
Happy Easter!

Date: April 17, 2006 23:15

Dear Baboon Bro,
Do you sugest to tapers to use mp3 recordings??

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 17, 2006 23:27

Aint suggesting nothing.
It's all a matter of time.
I post tons & tons here, Stones & non-Stones.
I have five kids & a wife
and $$$ in mortgages. I simply havent the time do do all
those converting ceremonies.

Its no conspiracy around:
People do as good as they can, post the best they have.
Same goes for JP at Rockpassion:
an ordinary guy with a everyday life & an ordinary job.
End of story.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 18, 2006 00:59

sometimes there is nothing for a person to but bitch.

Date: April 18, 2006 01:08

Everything is OK, BUT no reason to ruine what we all have!! So please don't convert existing material in mp3, that's all what I suggest.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 18, 2006 01:19

Hey Sumi:

If everybody stopped uploading / downloading MP3's, what do you think would happen to this portion of the IORR website ??

It would dry up that's what. Nobody is going to post WAV files here because they're far too large to upload / download.

Case closed.

Mother

Date: April 18, 2006 02:04

you have dimeadozen and rock off for upload/download in flac format !!!
This board was before download style!!!people excanged CD's by regular mail.On 1 DVD-R you can put about 6 x 2cd title, if you compress in lossles compression like FLAC or SHN.Is it expensive???is it??

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 18, 2006 02:40

Hey, Sumi, it's a simple thing here: If you don't want the files others have made available, don't download them and don't bitch about 'em. Go your own way, find your own stuff, do your own thing and let the rest of us live with what we're happy with. You dig?

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 18, 2006 02:53

Sumi I am sticking to my original point..If You bash Stonesfan then you suck. If not then it is a misunderstanding and I apologize...Take your pick.

Go Dawgs!

Date: April 18, 2006 02:59

Poent is in next:
somebody will convert mp3 recordings to wav, I mean will make regular CD of mp3 source.Later will trade that recording as regular CD. What's happen? for some time one half of aviable recordins will circulate as regular CD and people who don't love (hate) mp3 can get that CD in trade.Right? It is like a virus..it is here but we don't know (except if check, but who will check recodings is it mp3 sourced or not).It is problem.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: April 18, 2006 10:24

Sorry- I don't understand this at all. I've been using J-P's 'Rockpassion' site for the great downloads there & have never been asked to pay anything. I have made small donations, which are voluntary- but they have only been small. J-P is also one of the friendliest & most helpful people I have 'spoken' to on the net.A true gent.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: April 18, 2006 10:35

I went to the site and din't see any information on how to join or how much it costs. Maybe I just missed it, but what do I need to do, and how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-18 10:36 by cali stones fan.

Date: April 18, 2006 10:57

Cali,
Can you join me at stonefan@neuf.fr ?
thanks
J-P

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home