Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hendrix - Berlin 9/4/70
Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: April 13, 2006 19:43

This is Jimi Hendrix's next-to-last final concert, at the Deutschlandhalle in Berlin. The sound quality is not great, but this is an interesting set list with a few oddballs thrown in. Weird running order...I doubt very much that Jimi would close a show with "Lover Man," so hopefully a complete tape will surface someday.

I've also included the Armed Forces Radio Network interview that was conducted before the concert. Jimi sounds tired, and possibly a little depressed.

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

Re: Hendrix - Berlin 9/4/70
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 13, 2006 20:17

all right!!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 13, 2006 20:55

Thanks! Re the sound, Hendrix's power as a guitarist comes through anyway. How sad to realize he would be gone shortly after this concert. In thinking about his music, I wonder what type of music or style he would be playing today if he were alive? I guess he'd be like Bob Dylan, constantly reinventing the style and sound of his songs as a means of staying alive creatively. Anyway, again, thanks, and keep 'em coming.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2006 21:23

Yes..please watts fan.Thank you so much! Tired...depressed? How about just plain wasted!

Date: April 13, 2006 21:39

Hmm, maybe...but to my ears, it sounds like he's just dragging-ass tired. Remember that he went on at the Isle of Wight at about 2:30am on 8/31/70, then later that day/evening played a LONG set in Stockholm (I can post this soon), then onto Gothenberg, then Cophenhagen...there was so break. And I'm sure he wasn't eating or sleeping too well.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2006 22:24

Stockholm? NICE!

Date: April 14, 2006 00:11

Yeah, Stockholm's an interesting listen. Unfortunately the sound isn't great (better than Berlin though IMHO), and Hendrix sounds kind of pissed off and possibly drunk during the concert. The 9/2 Arhus Denmark concert was one of the low points of his career...it's painful and sad to listen to. Oddly, the 9/3 Copenhagen show is quite inspired and Hendrix sounds very "into it." I believe that his physically run-down condition contributed to the tragic events of 9/18/70.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home