Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hendrix - Berlin 9/4/70
Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: April 13, 2006 19:43

This is Jimi Hendrix's next-to-last final concert, at the Deutschlandhalle in Berlin. The sound quality is not great, but this is an interesting set list with a few oddballs thrown in. Weird running order...I doubt very much that Jimi would close a show with "Lover Man," so hopefully a complete tape will surface someday.

I've also included the Armed Forces Radio Network interview that was conducted before the concert. Jimi sounds tired, and possibly a little depressed.

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

[s53.yousendit.com]

Re: Hendrix - Berlin 9/4/70
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 13, 2006 20:17

all right!!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 13, 2006 20:55

Thanks! Re the sound, Hendrix's power as a guitarist comes through anyway. How sad to realize he would be gone shortly after this concert. In thinking about his music, I wonder what type of music or style he would be playing today if he were alive? I guess he'd be like Bob Dylan, constantly reinventing the style and sound of his songs as a means of staying alive creatively. Anyway, again, thanks, and keep 'em coming.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2006 21:23

Yes..please watts fan.Thank you so much! Tired...depressed? How about just plain wasted!

Date: April 13, 2006 21:39

Hmm, maybe...but to my ears, it sounds like he's just dragging-ass tired. Remember that he went on at the Isle of Wight at about 2:30am on 8/31/70, then later that day/evening played a LONG set in Stockholm (I can post this soon), then onto Gothenberg, then Cophenhagen...there was so break. And I'm sure he wasn't eating or sleeping too well.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 13, 2006 22:24

Stockholm? NICE!

Date: April 14, 2006 00:11

Yeah, Stockholm's an interesting listen. Unfortunately the sound isn't great (better than Berlin though IMHO), and Hendrix sounds kind of pissed off and possibly drunk during the concert. The 9/2 Arhus Denmark concert was one of the low points of his career...it's painful and sad to listen to. Oddly, the 9/3 Copenhagen show is quite inspired and Hendrix sounds very "into it." I believe that his physically run-down condition contributed to the tragic events of 9/18/70.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home