Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Hendrix at Temple University 5/16/70
Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: April 10, 2006 20:24

There seemed to be a bit of interest in this on Friday (see the "your best concert" thread). Definitely not soundboard quality, but it's an enjoyable listen. I hope I copied the links properly. Here goes...

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

[s58.yousendit.com]

Re: OT: Hendrix at Temple University 5/16/70
Posted by: troubador ()
Date: April 10, 2006 23:54

Watts fan you're a prince! I saw this show on my 17th birthday! Other acts that day included Steve Miller and the Dead....hendrix was so loud, Mayor Frank Rizzo banned all concerts at the stadium from then on...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 11, 2006 00:11

This motherfletcher rocks!!! There's an edge and intensity to it that, IMO, makes most bands today seem tame. If there's anymore Hendrix out there, please post it. The man is much copied, but never to be replaced.

Date: April 11, 2006 00:18

Glad you enjoy it. I have lots more that I can post. If I can remember, I'll dig up something else & upload it tomorrow. I wish that I could post some Stones stuff, but I've collected only Hendrix (until I started downloading here).

Posted by: troubador ()
Date: April 11, 2006 00:22

Would love to hear more. Boot em up!

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: April 11, 2006 09:43

This is great stuff watts fan!!
Thanx so much.
Can you pls check track 07 Freedom(i got only 57 sec/692 Kcool smiley and track 10 Keep On Groovin'(43 sec/516 Kcool smiley.
I doubt these 2 tracks are so short!
By the way,I was one of the lucky ones seeing Jimi's last ever live performance in September 1970 on the Isle of Fehmarn in Germany.
Finally this performance has been officially released in a beautiful digi-pack by the Hendrix family.
If anyone out there is interested in this recording and other great stuff,pls visit :

[www.authentichendrix.com]

Watts fan.I would be very grateful if you keep posting more stuff from the greatest guitar player ever!!

Thanx again

Barnestormer

Date: April 11, 2006 11:15

Great!!! I'm in a heavy Hendrix-period right now, so this is like a christmas present smiling smiley Thanks again!

DP

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: April 11, 2006 17:18

At the time I was living in the suburbs of Philadelphia, and almost went to this show, but decided that there'd be plenty of time to see Hendrix, so I didn't go. Of course, a few months later he was dead. I'm an idiot!! (But, I did manage to get it right with Bob Marley. Saw him in a small venue less than a year before he died.)

Date: April 11, 2006 17:32

Hi Barnestormer- unfortunately Freedom & Keep On Groovin are incomplete.

Can you remember much about Jimi's Isle of Fehmarn performance? I actually like the show alot...the band settles into a nice groove after Jimi tells the chorus of booers "I don't give a @#$%& if you boo, as long as you boo in key...you mothers..." There's alot of tension in the music recorded on that day.

An interesting bit of trivia: While the Fehmarn show was Jimi's last official appearance, he did sit in for 2 songs with Eric Burdon & War at Ronnie Scott's in London on 9/16 or 9/17...and of course he died on 9/18.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 12, 2006 03:50

Thank you 2, 2 much. Jimi is/ was without a doubt the absolute coolest person, ever. Cooler than keith. Sorry folks. The master of cool

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home