Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Australia 1973 - but which one??
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 9, 2006 15:48

I have a CD titled "It's Getting Hot Up Here!" which says is from Perth 24/02/1973 but recent posts prove that it isn't (there is no 'happy birthday' to Nicky Hopkins in the band intros on my copy)

Then I thought it might be Sydney but another recent post sounds very different..

Can anybody recognise this?? It's the usual set list but only up to and including Rip This Joint.
I have posted the first 2 and the last 3 tracks - happy to post the rest if anybody wants them - if you can tell me where it's from so much the better.

Cheers.

Brown Sugar:
[s64.yousendit.com]

Bitch:
[s63.yousendit.com]

Band Intros:
[s64.yousendit.com]

Little Queenie:
[s64.yousendit.com]

Rip This Joint:
[s64.yousendit.com]

Re: Australia 1973 - but which one??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 9, 2006 16:51

Zagalo:

It seems most of the Australia 1973 boots are a mixed bag of Perth and Sydney just like the Swingin' Pig's " ROCKS OFF " and this title by Mighty Diamonds is no different. The internet tends to contradict itself when it comes to identifying the source of these tracks because two sources I"ve found say this is Perth. It has the same number of tracks as ROCKS OFF and that boot was a mixture of Perth and Sydney, missing the final two tracks played in Sydney (eg: Jumpin' Jack flash and Street Fighting Man).

Regardless; they sound great (super crystal clear stereo), so I would appreciate it if you could post the remaining tracks.

HYSYM

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 9, 2006 16:57

Both of these shows have been available in tape trading circles for years. Complete and KILLER quality.

Cant figure out why they havent come out on boots in the correct orders.

JR

Date: April 9, 2006 22:00

Hello Zagalo:

As per my message above, kindly post the remaining tracks. I believe this is the best these have tracks have sounded when compared to the other recent posts.

Mother

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:03

"It's Getting Hot Up Here" is live in Sydney February 26, 1973, not Perth!! Cover info is wrong!

Perth is NOT available completely, only Sydney!

Date: April 10, 2006 01:16

Midnrambler:

Actually, this is not complete either even if it is Sydney since Jumpin Jack Flash and Street Fighting Man are missing from the playlist.

Zagalo:

Once again, kindly post the remaining tracks from " IT'S GETTING HOT UP HERE ".

HYSYMBSITS

Date: April 10, 2006 01:58

Thanks midnrambler...so is it a different Sydney show posted by Cafaro recently under "Sydney 73, I believe" - which is also definitely from the Aussie tour??

Listening to Bitch into Rocks Off - they all sound like different concerts...and all 3 band introductions are different...

Oh well, here's the rest anyway...

Rocks Off:
[s62.yousendit.com]

Gimme Shelter:
[s62.yousendit.com]

Happy:
[s59.yousendit.com]

Tumbling Dice:
[s57.yousendit.com]

Love In Vain:
[s57.yousendit.com]

Sweet Virginia:
[s57.yousendit.com]

YCAGWYW:
[s57.yousendit.com]

Honky Tonk Women:
[s57.yousendit.com]

All Down The Line:
[s53.yousendit.com]

Midnight Rambler:
[s53.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: April 10, 2006 02:29

Thanks for posting this.

Not sure if I am saying something totally obvious, but there are boots available for both concerts played at Sydney in 1973 - one played on Feb. 26, the other on Feb. 27.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-10 02:37 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: April 10, 2006 02:47

After comparing it with the sample provided by rsconcerts.com, I think that the show Cafaro posted is the one held on Feb. 27.

Not sure if this is Feb. 26 or 27. The sample on rsconcerts is JJF (for both), so I have no way to comparing this show to either one of those.

Date: April 10, 2006 02:47

Zagalo:

Thanks so much for posting the remaining tracks. I've been trying to "create" the complete 1973 Australian concert regardless of whether it was Perth 1973 or Sydney 1973. These tracks along with JJF and SFM from Cafalo's post of Welcome To Australia (Sydney concert) fit quite well together in terms of sound matching.

The complete concert tracklisting always started with Brown Sugar and always ended with Street Fighting Man as the encore. The problem with any of the Perth 1973 boots is that the last two tracks have never been available.

All of the above tracks exhibit well defined stereo imaging and are not muffled like Swingin Pig's (Rocks Off) tracks posted earlier under the Perth 1973 thread. Louder is not necessarily better if it means adding distortion.

These tracks are on par with the Ladies And Gentlemen 1972 tracks that you posted earlier.

Result is both CD's sound absolutely fantastic. Mother gives you a great big kiss.

Thanks so-so much for both of them, especially posting at 320 KB/s which does a really great job of retaining as much of the musical content that the MP3 encoding format will allow.

Mother

Date: April 10, 2006 03:24

Thanks for the comments, people...

Raoul:
not obvious to me, thanks for your thoughts and checking it out - I agree with you
(and thanks for the link - I missed that one - really useful!!)

Mother - just giving a little back when I am able

Cheers.

Date: April 17, 2006 19:10

Can u post this concert again?

Thanx

Date: April 17, 2006 20:37

Can do - but not for a few days - but before the weekend...

Date: April 17, 2006 20:57

ok

Date: April 21, 2006 01:54

Hear We go again - think this is the Sydney Feb 26th 1973 concert - but happily prepared to be corrected!!

First 8 - the other 7 later (only have up to and including Rip This Joint)

1) Brown Sugar
[s56.yousendit.com]

2) Bitch
[s56.yousendit.com]

3) Rocks Off
[s61.yousendit.com]

4) Gimme Shelter
[s61.yousendit.com]

5) Happy
[s61.yousendit.com]

6) Tumbling Dice
[s61.yousendit.com]

7) LoveIn Vain
[s61.yousendit.com]

8) Sweet Virginia
[s62.yousendit.com]

Date: April 21, 2006 03:55

and the rest:

9) YCAGWYW
[s60.yousendit.com]

10) HTW
[s60.yousendit.com]

11) ADTL
[s65.yousendit.com]

12) MR
[s63.yousendit.com]

13) Band Intro
[s63.yousendit.com]

14) LQ
[s63.yousendit.com]

15) RTJ
[s59.yousendit.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home