Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlotte 72 and 72 tour questions
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: April 4, 2006 16:44

hi.. listening to 72 charlotte which i just got in a trade. and i got a few questions/comments relating to 72 tour..

1. why did they only play loving cup 4 times on this tour (early) and give up on it? was it really that bad? anybody have any mp3s of this?

2. i notice on this charlotte show- which is pretty representative of tour as they hardly varied set list at all during entire tour- six of 16 songs are from exile...

3. looking at the schedule of their 72 US tour its interesting how many small cities in the US south they hit.. .is there a reason for this? was their US fan base at the time more in the south? i mean charlotte in 72 was a really small town.. it began to boom in the 80s and mainly 90s by all accounts... i mean you see them hitting towns like tuscaloosa.. what other british band played tuscaloosa?

4. what are the opinions on the best sounding boots from 72? fort worth, Madison Square Garden and what else... the recording i have of tuscaloosa is pitiful while the jack daniels dc boot is also a tough listen.. this charlotte one- so far- seems listenable but rough..... the thing with the stones durign this period is if you can hear mick taylor wailing i guess you're pretty happy regardless..

Re: Charlotte 72 and 72 tour questions
Date: April 4, 2006 17:06

not sure if charlotte 72 has been covered ad nauseaum but in case it has not..

i notice this thread on IORR about Charlotte 72

[www.iorr.org]

this is a really enjoyable show..no doubt about it..just a great, knowledgeable crowd..and the audience tape is an enjoyable one..sometimes audience tapes do a better job of letting you dream you are at the show... you can live vicariously through whoever the guy is who upon hearing the opening harmonica notes of sweet virginia goes "NIICCEEEE!"

and my cd-r does have brown sugar and midnight rambler (from same source) which according to this thread from 2005 were not recorded!? the version of "bitch" here is cut though just as in the one on this thread

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 4, 2006 17:50

Hey Stoned and Mother,
My co worker is sending my Fort Worth Express today so I should be able to post it tonight or tomorrow!

I also have the 72 NYC show if you want me to post it. Part of it is just mezza-mezza and then there is the Welcome to NY part.

I liked the odd balls they threw in on the 72 tour:

Satisfacton/Uptight
Don't Lie to Me
It's All Over Now ( I think it was 73 but still Exile tour)

Robert Greenfield's book about 72 was recently re-published I think. I bought it last year. It's a pretty good book. I got mine at Barnes and Noble.

Date: April 4, 2006 17:55

i would love to hear the MSG 72.. i hate yet to hear it!...

Date: April 4, 2006 19:18

I'll post it later today

Posted by: Jens ()
Date: April 4, 2006 22:31

I think the best 1972 recordings are on 4CD "Plug In Flush Out" (VGP)

All soundboard!!! From australian radio broadcast

Date: April 4, 2006 22:37

Jens,
what shows are they from....are they all Aussie shows or North American?

Can you post or would you trade me for them. If you want to trade, email me

mriocafro@yahoo.com

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: April 4, 2006 23:28

From Vancouver, 1972 Loving Cup live
[s52.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Jens ()
Date: April 6, 2006 14:02

Can anyone send the two missing tracks?

Brown Sugar and Bitch

Thanks

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 7, 2006 06:16

here's a great website reference for the 72 Tour...
[stoneslib9.homestead.com]

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home