Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Best-Sounding Boot Ever?
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 3, 2006 00:51

Not in terms of performance quality, but in terms of sound quality.

My first choice right now has gotta be "Handsome Girls". Monkey Man sent me the CDs (bless your heart, man), and I recorded a "best-of" set on my HD using the WMP Lossless format. To add to the sound, I also employ DFX audio enhancement.

I'm listening to it right now, and with no gaps in the track transitions, it sounds like a complete show from one venue (which it isn't).

In any case, the separation and clarity is just astounding, IMHO. It beats Brussels Affair or Definitive Brussels hands down. The performances I picked are all outstanding, so this rates as my all-time favorite.

Is there anything else that comes close to this?

Re: The Best-Sounding Boot Ever?
Posted by: hemi04 ()
Date: April 3, 2006 01:42

I have Brussels Affair, and that sounds awesome. Would you be willing to post the cd's that you made?

Thanks

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 3, 2006 01:52

Man, I did post a couple of the lossless songs a while back. I'm currently working on getting the 78 videos uploaded.

The problem with the wma lossless format is the file size. I don't have a CD burner, so I upload stuff to YouSendIt one track at a time. Even with a cable connection, it's very slow.

Posted by: ilovethe80sstbk ()
Date: April 3, 2006 02:09

Yeah I'd love to hear the songs you put together

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 3, 2006 06:14

What's the set list of the show you made up?

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: April 3, 2006 06:39

could it be anything other than brussels?

please.....

Posted by: dj ()
Date: April 3, 2006 16:36

Tokyo 1990 is the best sounding boot in my collection.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 3, 2006 18:07

When it comes to sound quality, Handsome Girls is the best boot I've heard.
Have not heard the Tokyo one yet...

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: April 3, 2006 18:27

The best in sound quiality for me are

Radio San Diego 93.3
Tokyo 90
and Rocking The House Down In Bremen 94

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 3, 2006 18:47

I would agree with 55Rusty. Nothing compares to Handsome Girls. In some ways, it's almost too good, meaning it could easily pass as a commercial recording minus the swearing of course.

HYSYM

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 3, 2006 20:39

Gorgeous Girls Redux is the SM remake of Handsome Girls and it is better. Timeless Europe would be #1 IMHO.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 3, 2006 22:01

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gorgeous Girls Redux is the SM remake of Handsome
> Girls and it is better.

That's your personal taste. SM usually does nothing else than fiddling around with an equalizer - sometimes to good effect, but sometimes the end result sounds to clinical in my ears.

> Timeless Europe would be #1 IMHO.

That's a perfect example. It sounds great on initial listening, but when you compare it with some other sources of his 1973 KBFH material, it lost lots of its natural punch, sounding, well, too clinical.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 3, 2006 22:32

so many out there. For Live, I think, Royal Sound European Tour 1973, 2LP set. Better than any cd! Original Philadelphia Special, RSGL 2 LP set, better than cd, Perth and Sydney, 1973, Rocks Off, vinyl and CD the same quality, Swinging Pig, Welcome to New York, original TMOQ vinyl Pressing.

For Studio, Trident Mixes K&S 2 LP set, Acetates, 1974 Outtakes, CD...Time Trips CDs, volumes 1 & 2, three is terrible, and 4 is ok.

JR

Posted by: rimshout ()
Date: April 4, 2006 00:31

Completely agree with John's livel selection but would add the Satanic Session & Voodoo Br/Stew boxes for studio.

Zeit ist Frist!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home