Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shattered In Europe boot mp3
Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: March 18, 2006 05:12

Can someone post the rest of this boot, Shattered In Europe, Naples Italy 1982. I'd really appreciate it, it's an awsome boot.

Let's Spend The Night Together #3
[s65.yousendit.com]
Just My Imagination #7
[s65.yousendit.com]
Miss You #13
[s65.yousendit.com]

Re: Shattered In Europe boot mp3
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2006 09:54

Hello TatteredTongue:

I noticed that you posted the above three tracks at 128 KB/s.

So that all of us can benefit from improved sound, could you please re-post those 3 tracks at either 256 kB/s or 320 KB/s.

For anybody that is able to post the remaining tracks, kindly do so at either of the higher bit rates in order to retain as much of the original sound quality as possible. Thanks so much.

From what I've read from various internet reviews, this boot represents the very best from the 1982 Euro tour so it is well worth having in the very best possible sound quality.

Mother thanks you. Her shadow thanks you.

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: March 19, 2006 04:02

Well, 128 was how I downloaded them. I don't know if this helped it but I converted them into 320 for you.

Let's Spend The Night Together #3
[s44.yousendit.com]

Just My Imagination #7
[s44.yousendit.com]

Miss You #13
[s44.yousendit.com]

Date: March 19, 2006 05:46

Hello TatteredTongue:

I'm sorry to say that once they are compressed, you can't recover the lost information regardless of what you do.

What we need is someone who has the original CD to compress them to either 256 KB/s or 320 KB/s and then upload them.

Thans for trying, TatteredTongue.

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 19, 2006 06:02

How can you tell an original cd from one that has been compressed to 128kbps then uploaded to 320kbps?

Date: March 19, 2006 06:19

The owner will know. The original CD's naturally have proper artwork on the CD's themselves along with manufacturer's logo. The jewel case's inserts are the real deal. In the case of Shattered In Europe, this CD was produced by Swingin' Pig.

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 19, 2006 20:02

So if tattered tongue had originally posted the MP3's at the converted 320 Kbps from his originally downloaded 128 Kbps, how does anyone know if the MP3 came from an original or just converted from that 128 Kbps show that he got from someother source if he does not reveal his source copy?

When you download the MP3 it will be encoded as 320Kbps so only sound will tell.

In coke terms, how can you tell how many times it has been stepped on after it was chipped off the brick?

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 19, 2006 20:55

i have to say i prefer higher quality but ultimately if given the choice of nothing or the music in slightly lesser encoding rate i say give me the music! let not discourage people from sharing their music just cause its not in 320 bit... i'd rather have the show in 128 than not any day.....

Date: March 19, 2006 20:56

The sound quality is everything. If you had a copy originally done at 128 KB/s versus a copy originally done at 320 KB/s, you can easily tell the difference. Dynamics are the issue.

HYSYM

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 19, 2006 21:43

hi haveyouseenyourmother

i have to disagree.... as you knew i would..

the MUSIC is everything..

or were elvis' first 78s on sun crap because they were 78s? of course not?

are you saying billie holiday's 78s with lester young were crap because they were 78s as opposed to remastered cds or even on lps?

or the early robert johnson 78s were crap cause of all the hiss that goes along with 78s when you play them?

gotta tell you.. don't think keith would agree with that....

the musis is everything..first you get the music.. once you have that you work on getting the best sound quality possilbe.. thats why i don't want to discourage people, as you do, from posting their boots simply beacuse they are not encoding them in 320 or don't even know what 320 is....

leyter
ps you do know of course how poor sound quality was when the stones made their records up to about 67, right? keith talks about it in according to the rolling stones..

Date: March 19, 2006 21:56

stoned_in_dc:

Your absolutely right about getting the music first. There is nothing wrong with seeking the best possible quality. If you have the ability to post at better quality, why not do so. Some people don't have the means to do so and that's understandable. Personally, I'm not willing to sacrifice quality for quantity. Obtaining boots via MP3 format is a stop-gap measure. If the boot is a really that good (as is the case with Shattered In Europe) then I'll track down an original CD and discard the MP3 version.

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 19, 2006 22:28

I have this concert on TMOQ titled 'Take Care Of You And Thank You Ronnie' - same track listing as Shattered In Europe

Yes, it's excellent and sounds great - I will post about half of it later with the rest tomorrow

Date: March 19, 2006 22:31

Thanks Zagolo !! I'll be chaecking the postings for sure.

Cheers

Mother

Date: March 20, 2006 02:36

Take Care Of You And Thank You, Ronnie NAPOLI - July 17th 1982 (TMOQ-05/002)

First batch:

Under My Thumb
[s56.yousendit.com]

When the Whip Comes Down
[s48.yousendit.com]

Let's Spend The Night Together
[s48.yousendit.com]

Shattered
[s48.yousendit.com]

Neighbours
[s48.yousendit.com]

Black Limousine
[s48.yousendit.com]

Just My Imagination
[s48.yousendit.com]

Band Intro
[s48.yousendit.com]

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: March 20, 2006 03:32

I love this boot, it has the greatest Imagination EVER!!

Date: March 21, 2006 02:18

and the rest:

Little T&A
[s64.yousendit.com]

Angie
[s64.yousendit.com]

Tumbling Dice
[s22.yousendit.com]

She's So Cold
[s22.yousendit.com]

Hang Fire
[s22.yousendit.com]

Miss You
[s22.yousendit.com]

Honky Tonk Women
[s22.yousendit.com]

Brown Sugar
[s22.yousendit.com]

Start Me Up
[s22.yousendit.com]

Hope they turn out ok!!

Date: March 21, 2006 03:34

Zagalo:

Many thanks for posting the remaining tracks. Sounds very,very good @ 320 KB/s.

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: March 21, 2006 07:41

Thank You!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home