Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ft. Worth Express 1972
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 14, 2006 18:22

i'm going to try and post it here.. i've mp3d it at 320 kbps...i believe i have an original copy of this that came out on "turd on the run" but what do i know..i bought it in the village in nyc years ago at one of those stores that sells boots...$21.99... there are some slight clicks on rocks off... anyways its what i got and i dig it!......back says "recording live from the soundboard at the tarrant county convention center in ft. worth texas on june 24, 1972 (2nd show)"..i'll post in the order they appear on cd...cover is a great picture of keith richards with his back to crowd and mick looking at amp on top of which are two coords a bottle of whiskey and a coke...

brown sugar

[s63.yousendit.com]

bitch

[s63.yousendit.com]

rocks off

[s63.yousendit.com]

gimme shelter

[s63.yousendit.com]

don't lie to me

[s63.yousendit.com]

love in vain

[s63.yousendit.com]

sweet virginia

[s63.yousendit.com]

you can't always get what you want

[s63.yousendit.com]

THE REST IN A BIT! (rest being songs 9-15)

Re: Ft. Worth Express 1972
Date: March 14, 2006 18:45

ok those seem to post... here i try the rest..note rambler is like 27 mb

tumbling dice

[s63.yousendit.com]

midnight rambler

[s63.yousendit.com]

band introductions

[s63.yousendit.com]

bye, bye johnny

[s63.yousendit.com]

rip this joint

[s63.yousendit.com]

jumping jack flash

[s63.yousendit.com]

street fighting man

[s63.yousendit.com]

das it!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2006 19:21

Hey ! stoned_in_dc

Now that's the way to do it. Upload at 320 KB/s so that minimal content is lost during compression to MP3 format. Congradulations and mother says thank you very much !!

HYSYM

Date: March 14, 2006 19:37

and here are songs 1-7 uploaded onto rapidshare so that when the yousendit does not work anymore they'll still be up

[rapidshare.de]

i'll try and do the others later...

Date: March 14, 2006 20:30

thanks haveyouseenyourmother!

here should be tracks 8-15 uploaded onto rapidshare so that when yousendit does not work anymore they'll be available here

[rapidshare.de]

and thats a wrap!

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:21

very nice stoned_in_dc thankyou very much.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:29

Cheers brother. Sounds great. A thousand thanks.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:33

thanks .please anybody send HAPPY from this show

Date: March 14, 2006 22:08

thrak:

Best I can do is Happy from the 1st show (afternoon performance) on June 24, 1972 @ Fort Worth as opposed to evening show on same day.

[s38.yousendit.com]

HYSYM

Date: March 14, 2006 22:19

thanks mother ! you rock

Date: March 14, 2006 22:35

mother one more request. Can you send All down the line from houston 25.06.72 so we will have all Lonestar Shooter bootleg. maybe you send it from that one

Date: March 14, 2006 22:38

this happy is great. what a version , what a power .

Date: March 14, 2006 23:58

Here's All Down The Line from Houston June 25, 1972 (from Ladies And Gentlemen soundtrack):

[s39.yousendit.com]

HYSYMBSITS

Posted by: swsfo ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:13

Thanks so much for the mp3's - and at 320 kbs ! great quality - appreciate it....all the best....

SwSFO

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:58

It's a great idea to put them in a zip, but when I type the code at rapidshare I get a "Download session invalid" message. I'm on mozilla, anybody else have a similar experience?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 15, 2006 10:10

I also appreciate good quality; no one is stuck in
their mind here winking smiley ... Great dc & mum!

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: March 15, 2006 12:09

I tried to dowload with rapidshare several time in last few weeks
but it never works for me.

Date: March 15, 2006 12:29

thanks mothe LONESTAR SHOTTER complete

Date: March 15, 2006 18:14

rapidshare has always worked for me just fine.... not sure what the issues could be with it....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 17, 2006 16:04

Wow,

IMO this is by far the best Stones boot that I have heard. All instruments are crisp and clear. The audience is mixed in well, good interactions between the Mick and the audience. Great guitar licks, horns sound great. Maybe 320Kbps makes a difference afterall. Great job. Some say Brussels 73 is the cream of the crop well I say no way, this is it right hear (so far). This is f*ckin awesome!!! And I'm listening to it on a shitty computer 2 speaker set.

Made loud to play loud!! This is a must have people.

Posted by: MickGibsonSG ()
Date: March 18, 2006 18:22

I noticed occasional single click sounds every few minutes, like the sound of a frozen plastic water bottle thawing, anyone else have this or know what it is?
Great show!

Date: March 18, 2006 18:27

me too.. i notice the clicks...

my theory is that its a poorly reproduced cd boot buti don't know.. still nice to hear but would be better without the clicks if anyone has it without the clicks... i don't remember the tracks from ft worth on ladies and gent having the clicks but will check...

my guess though is there should not be a reason to have clicks and i'm sure there is a version without them..

Date: March 18, 2006 19:01

Ladies And Gentlemen soundtrack posted earlier is FAR superior to this boot. No problem with clicks.

HYSYMBSITS

Date: March 18, 2006 22:19

to me ft worth express has its advantages like the fact that its a complete show...which makes all the interplay between mick and the crowd understandable..

ladies and gentlemen may have its advantages soundwise but its cobbled together which is a problem

Date: March 18, 2006 22:29

stoned_in_dc:

Point noted. Complete shows are definitely desired; however, I guess one could argue that " Ladies And Gentlemen " is complete in the sense that it was presented as a movie soundtrack with that tracklist.

HYSYM

Date: March 18, 2006 22:48

hi haveyouseenyourmother,

you are aware that i took a lot of time to upload and share the show through yousendit and rapidshare? two hours or so actually...

ladies and gentleman is artificial (sound quality may be better but i prefer to have a concert).... ft worth you feel you are there in the heat with mick and the stones as they grind out the concert.. the second show they played that day... there's some great mick lines in that show (one of which was used in ladies and gent) such as the one about how it keeps getting hotter and hotter and everyone is going to blow away one day....

having said that of course if somebody has it in better quality than what i uploaded please share it..my understanding is there are only a handful (if that) of soundboards for complete 72 shows which makes ft worth a gem regardless of the clicks here and there..

leyter

Date: March 18, 2006 23:25

stoned_in_dc:

Trust me, I know what's involved in posting here. I've done it several times for entire double CD concerts and numerous other requests. It is very time consuming. I'm sure your effort is appreciated.

At the end of day, you donate some material and you get some material in return.

If you have read all the messages on this thread, you will know that I posted
" Happy " and " All Down The Line " . Both songs were performed at both shows on June 24, 1972. Both are missing from your Ft. Worth Express boot.

According to RECORD COLLECTOR magazine, the best sound source for this concert is FORT WORTH EXPRESS on the Vinyl Gang label. That boot includes " Happy " from the afternoon performance but omits " All Down The Line ". Weird ?

HYSYMBSITS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home