Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

seattle 81 soundboard question
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 00:47

from nick,
i have the vinyl gang now we need you more than ever version, it sounds warbled and a lot of hiss, is there a better version out there or just the same show with different names, also is the seattle part of the jersey devils set the same sound as well or better, any info is appreciated

Re: seattle 81 soundboard question
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:09

I noticed an increase in sound level that kicked in after about 2 minutes into When The Whip Comes Down and stayed constant for the remainder of the concert.

I wonder whether the new title by Rattlesnake entitled " Shoo Doo Bee " has the same problem.

gcassan

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:51

Jersey Devil does NOT contain any Seattle show in that boxset.

Its all from the following dates...11/5/81, 11/6/81, 11/7/81 from the Brendan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, NJ (now known as the Continental Airlines Arena)

I have the Seattle Supersonic version of this 10/15/81 Seattle show and I can tell you that there definitely is a decent amount of tape hiss and the recording sounds "torn and frayed" just like your source.....

Date: February 17, 2006 03:50

Artinis1:

Could you please post the first three tracks ("Take The A Train" , "Under My Thumb" and "When The Whip Comes Down") from your copy of NOW WE NEED YOU MORE THAN EVER.

I'm trying to complete my copy of the entire concert, using the correct versions of those three tracks.

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.

gcassan

Posted by: Auster ()
Date: February 17, 2006 09:02

malja316 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jersey Devil does NOT contain any Seattle show in
> that boxset.
>

????

[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2006 15:12

Jersey Devil contains 12 or 13 tracks from Seattle, mixed together with the 3rd Rutherford-show.
Now We Need You More Than Ever from DAC (not VGP) and Shee Doo Bee Seattle (Ratlesnake, is the best bootlegs from the Seattle, Oct. 15th show.

Date: February 17, 2006 16:21

Attention: Erik_Snow

Based on your previous message, I'm assuming you have listened to the Rattlesnake release of this concert.

Can you tell me if the sound problem that I mentioned in my previous message is present in the Rattlesnake issue.

gcassan

Date: February 17, 2006 16:46

Hi, yes, I'll check it out, in 5 minutes!

Date: February 17, 2006 16:52

Yeah, I've never noticed it before, but the sound DO INCREASE after 2 minutes. Not a major increase, but it is an increase. And yes, I've got the original Rattlesnake 2cd. I'm glad if I helped.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: February 17, 2006 17:54

from nick,
hey gcassan, i don't know how to post the songs here, email me at artinis1@aolcom
to work something out, thanks

Date: February 17, 2006 18:18

Hello artinis1:

Here is what you do to post songs to IORR

(1) Open this thread and minimize this screen

(2) Go into the internet and go to the following website:

[www.yousendit.com]

(3) Click on BROWSE and find the directory where you stored the MP3 music files on your harddrive

(4) Left Double click the first song and will be loaded into the browse box

(5) Click send and wait until you receive and confirmation message.

(6) Right click on the confirmation number and you will get a drop down menu that will also you to copy the shortcut

(7) Bring up your open thread, place your cursor on a open line and Paste the confirmation number into the thread

(8) Repeat for each song

(9) Post the thread

It's funny because I had to get someone else to explain it to me via e-mail and now I'm the teacher trying to do the same thing.

gcassan

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 18, 2006 02:29

Its good seeing a student become a teacher, passing the knowledge on. Love it.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 18, 2006 11:03

Jersey devils DOES contain seatlle 15.10 show.
Jersey 7.11.81 has the last 7(about) from seattle 15.10 show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home