Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - REQ : McCartney Emerick Tapes
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2024 22:32

Two interesting McCartney related boots have recently been released, both based on Geoff Emerick's tapes that were auctioned last year

Anyone have them handy ? TIA !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: OT - REQ : McCartney Emerick Tapes
Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: April 15, 2024 14:14

There is a whole thread on beatlegdb concerning a comparison between both releases, keep checking there for availability.

Date: April 16, 2024 16:11

Right, it doesn't seem anyone wants to share it over there unfortunately. Something about "helping" the bootleggers. Not that anyone who hasn't bought it now is likely to get it. Especially since it does not appear to be very different from the the recent official "underdubbed".

The second auctioned Emerick tape appears to be much more interesting but hasn't made its way to the bootleggers yet.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 17, 2024 17:20

just google and found this

[www.the-paulmccartney-project.com]

Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: April 18, 2024 18:49

there is a googledrive link to the misterclaudel version in the thread i posted if you are interested.

Date: April 18, 2024 21:43

The cat is out of the bag thanks to "ParloJames" on beatlegsdb : [drive.google.com] (posted here in case it gets pulled over there).

Apparently "Mr Claudel" the bootlegger is upset at "non-domestic" (he's in Japan) buyers for sharing his boots ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-18 21:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: toomanycds ()
Date: April 19, 2024 00:53

Many thanks for sharing the link here!

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: April 19, 2024 03:16

I post below an email I received related to this topic stripped of the source identification. The request does not seem unreasonable, wait awhile. I never liked the Beatles except Ringo solo so maybe I am.not sensitive enough to the pressing desires of older fans. On the other hand, I do appreciate the work that this one source does and have gotten some nice releases I would love to share but will not for at least a year. Example: the Kansas City 81 with Mick Taylor. Here is the email.
BEGIN POST;

Someone upload our new item UNDEDRDUBBED VOL.1 at free download
and othe guy spread the link of that like attachment.

We are selling CDs to customers,
not for providing materials to free downloads.

I don't want to deal with Beatles and solo CDs anymore to foreign countries.
Please do not order Beatles related stuff, it's for domestic customers only.
Other CDs are welcom as always.

* I kindly ask you to stop uploading the titles you’ve bought from us as “Free Downloads”

* We pay for private materials not heard before

* By selling these titles, we get profit that it's for next releases for you to enjoy as fans.

* Please do not upload them anywhere, specially a few days after we release them.

* If you continue doing so, we cannot manage to do business with you anymore.

* If the next title is uploaded, I’ll stop selling and close the shop.

* More private and unreleased contents are in danger to be released if you continue uploading them for free before we could sell the originals.

If you don't want to

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2024 13:03

The above message from the bootlegger makes sense, but only if they're doing it as a continuing "service" to fans by releasing rare/unheard music. Or, are they just doing it for profit. Hmm.

Date: April 19, 2024 15:40

The second version of the Emerick tapes by HMC is now available too : [we.tl]

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-19 15:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:12

frankotero
The above message from the bootlegger makes sense, but only if they're doing it as a continuing "service" to fans by releasing rare/unheard music. Or, are they just doing it for profit. Hmm.

I have less of an issue with commercial bootleggers than I do with the affiliate link posters on Guitars101 who try to hide the fact they are posting only for financial gain. Everyone knows commercial bootleggers are in it for the money.

What I would like to know is how much they pay for material? Because a huge amount of what comes out of Japan is simply pressed from existing torrent or file downloads. Odd that they don't see them benefitting from fans as an issue isn't it.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2024 17:57

Good point ade, definitely these guys are piggy backing on material from internet posts. I would suppose the whole market will crash before much longer considering inflation and the fact we won't have much extra money in our pockets to buy bootlegs. Then there's the fact we're getting older and the only people interested in such things. Maybe these bootleggers are getting their final cash in, who knows.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: April 19, 2024 23:44

JP Getty did not want his gas stations called service stations because it reminded him of the original meaning of to be serviced. Even social workers expect to be paid.Most boots I buy are comparable in price to deluxe rereleases of bands I like by the bands themselves. I do not expect the Stones to go into public service for free.

The yen is at an all time low. It's a good time to buy Japanese products or visit Japan.

And Frank, I do appreciate several of the nice boots you uploaded here. Thanks. Tony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-20 00:05 by TravellinMan.

Date: April 20, 2024 10:59

So anyway having listened to most of it, there isn't too much to get excited about, apart from "No Words" maybe...

--------------

Date: April 21, 2024 16:33

And here is the Merseyside version now : [we.tl]

Good thing the previous links were reposted here as they were pulled from beatlegdb due to the possibility that some were Atmos extractions...

--------------

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: April 21, 2024 17:11

THX

Posted by: Vuudo ()
Date: April 21, 2024 21:10

Thank you for all the sharing, listening to MisterClaudel's version right now superb!!!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: legin ()
Date: April 22, 2024 19:33

Nice posts, many thanks!thumbs up

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: April 22, 2024 20:37

Thanks for the links

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: April 24, 2024 18:02

Many thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home