Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking To Colorize 'The Stones' First Ed Sullivan Show (HELP)
Posted by: Silver3000 ()
Date: December 19, 2023 20:44

Hey, I have been colorizing Beatle footage for a while, with minimal exceptions, I wanted to expand my reach slightly, so I decided I wanted to colorize some Stones content.

I thought about doing their Hollywood Palace appearance, or their Mike Douglas, but the quality was just so low.. If one of you Stone's experts could send me the best-quality versions of those, I would love it! (Plus the Hollywood Palace Rehearsal)

I decided I would colorize their first Ed Sullivan appearance just because the tape quality is so much higher! and the audio is good enough not to change!

If anyone has some actual color photos from the appearance, let me know, want the colors to be as accurate as possible!

One more side note, if anyone has an upgrade for their Big Beat 65 appearance, let me know, love that rare Walking The Dog lip sync, but the image quality is just crazy bad, must be an upgrade on some DVD!

Re: Looking To Colorize 'The Stones' First Ed Sullivan Show (HELP)
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: December 27, 2023 13:25

... bump...

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 30, 2023 12:34

1963-1964 The Big Beat is in black and white, same as the artwork.

don't have the big Beat 65

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-30 12:37 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 30, 2023 16:37

Silver3000
Hey, I have been colorizing Beatle footage for a while, with minimal exceptions, I wanted to expand my reach slightly, so I decided I wanted to colorize some Stones content.

I thought about doing their Hollywood Palace appearance, or their Mike Douglas, but the quality was just so low.. If one of you Stone's experts could send me the best-quality versions of those, I would love it! (Plus the Hollywood Palace Rehearsal)

I decided I would colorize their first Ed Sullivan appearance just because the tape quality is so much higher! and the audio is good enough not to change!

If anyone has some actual color photos from the appearance, let me know, want the colors to be as accurate as possible!

One more side note, if anyone has an upgrade for their Big Beat 65 appearance, let me know, love that rare Walking The Dog lip sync, but the image quality is just crazy bad, must be an upgrade on some DVD!

Great idea! I've searched DVDs.

The Arthur Haynes show is my favorite, Someone colorized it before but it doesn't look right.

The Hollywood Palace Rehearsal of "Not Fade Away" is a great one. It would be awesome if someone would fix the ending where the song stops and seamlessly add the end from the actual show to make it complete.

The TAMI Show is a great performance, especially the last song. The Blu-ray of the TAMI show is of higher quality than previous versions. Don't let people who don't have the TAMI Blu-ray tell you it can't be better. It is better!

A couple of years ago I set out to make a new and improved version of these old Stones videos by buying official laser discs of Ready Steady Go, the Mike Douglas Show, David Frost Show, and the list goes on. To my dismay, most of the official videos weren't much better than what we had.

I also learned the best quality downloads you can get from YouTube is with a paid subscription and the 4K Downloader. There's a thread/article about this from a couple of years ago when I started my quest for the best videos. I'll see if I can find the link.

I wanted to put only one video performance of each song on this collection I imagined and started to work on.

Sometimes, not usually, I liked when the videos were overdubbed with the studio recording. Overdubbing the Arthur Haynes Show sound would suck. But a few songs seemed better overdubbed with the studio recording.

I think sound is the most important part of the video. I can enjoy a slightly blurry video with great sound.

It's a shame the TAMI Show has too much screaming overdubbed into the video, "It's All Over Now" is great, especially Keith at the end of the song. Keith Steals the show on Arthur Haynes at the end of "I Wanna Be Your Man." too.

My favorite Off The Hook comes from Ready Steady Go. Walkin The Dog from Top of the Pops is very cool, but bad picture quality.

[we.tl]

Please cut out Dean Martin if you redo the Hollywood Palace.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 30, 2023 17:07

All Ed Sullivan shows have been officially released on DVD (and can't be posted here therefore). I think that most probably the official release should have the best quality.

[www.amazon.com] (out of stock at the moment)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 30, 2023 17:10

Silver3000

I decided I wanted to colorize some Stones content.

Have a look at 'Colouring The Past' - [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: December 30, 2023 18:57

You might be interested in the following DVDs;

All 6 Ed Sullivan Shows" & "TAMI Show
ZitRock ZR-DVD-RST-12-03
For more infos please mail to me. (My mail address isn't hidden.)

The Sixties
ZitRock ZR-DVD-RST-12-02
All footages from best known sources including:
- big beat '65 (Australian TV ATVO/Channel 10, Melbourne Jan 29, 1965)
- Ready Steady Go (!964 - 1966)
- Top Of The Pops (1964 - 1969)
- Beat Club (1965 - 1969)
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
Artwork: [bootcoverz.com]
Info: [bootcoverz.com]

BRAVO Tour 1965
ZitRock ZR-DVD-RST-16-01
Including footage from:
- BRAVO Tour 1965: Münster, Sep. 11, 1965
- BRAVO Tour 1965: Reports from German TV: arrival Düsseldorf Airport / UFA-Wochenschau 477 (1965) / BRAVO-Tour 1965 (1) / BRAVO-Tour 1965 (2) / Berliner Abendschau 1965
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
Artwork: [bootcoverz.com]
Info: [bootcoverz.com]

Date: January 2, 2024 01:50

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

Date: January 2, 2024 01:56

Seen that Colouring The Past facebook page before, sadly their colorizations are lazy, they simply throw the videos in a.i program which does it automatically, its not god awful, but just has a certain weird look to it. Not to sound too egoistically, but the colorizations I do are far more detailed.. Here is an example of some of my "work", Twist And Shout Ed Sullivan, colorized according to color photos. [rumble.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home