Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Art Collins Hotel tape cassette for auction
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: November 26, 2023 05:02

The 1977 hotel tape is up for auction which includes Merle Haggard's Shelly's Winter Love. Current bid is at $120. If someone here can get it and share it with the group that would be amazing. I have no affiliation with any of it but I am dying to hear it! I think its uncirculated? Maybe someone here has it?

[hibid.com]

Re: Art Collins Hotel tape cassette for auction
Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: November 26, 2023 12:43

I don't know what is that,a connection with the Stones ?

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: November 26, 2023 19:39

All the songs on the tape are performed by the Stones, including the Merle Haggard song.

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: November 26, 2023 19:40

A cassette containing unreleased songs by the Rolling Stones. This was recorded on November 15, 1977 (possibly at Pathe Marconi Studios in Paris), and on side two of the cassette has Keith Richards and Ron Wood demos recorded on the same date. On the Rolling Stones side of the cassette, there are professional recordings of Miss You, Just My Imagination, Far Away Eyes, When the Whip Comes Down, Start Me Up, and Claudine. Included with a certificate of authenticity from Recordmecca, and authenticated by Jeffrey Gold. Music, Icons, Rare,

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 27, 2023 00:37

wow if only i had a fistful of cash

hope someone here on iorr gets it and shares it

the well never really runs dry when it comes to outtakes from them does it

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: November 27, 2023 01:34

Sold for $475. I hope the winner shares those tracks like everyone else has shared their tapes.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 27, 2023 07:50

I don't think, that we will hear these outtakes. The tape is nothing worth, when the owner shares his or her 475 $ tracks. It's one of hundreds, that will never come to light. For example, the Luxemburg tapes, the acetates Soon Forgotten, As Tears Go By, Let It Bleed, Love In Vain and so on. Even lots of IEM's have their own trading circles. Maybe it's not 100% truth, but Dylan fans share everything, Stones fans keep most their gems. That's life and we can be lucky to have so much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-27 07:53 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 27, 2023 10:19

According to Zentgraf this cassette was already sold in an auction in 2015:

771115A 15th November: Paris, France. Unverified hotel room session by KR and RW. Incl.
- I Heard A Lonesome Whistle (Jimmie Davis/Hank Williams)
- Shelly's Winter Love (Merle Haggard)
- I Love You Too Much (MJ/KR)
Note: These acoustic demos from the estate of Art Collins were sold at an auction in
2015 at Ewbank's (together with about eight Some Girls Pathé Marconi-takes).

Has the owner lost interest and was selling it again or what is the deal?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 27, 2023 15:37

wiredallnight

Has the owner lost interest and was selling it again or what is the deal?

He made a digital copy of the music for his own use and now he intends to resell the cassette... with a profit? winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home