Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Off topic audio assistance
Posted by: pats ()
Date: November 6, 2023 21:50

Greetings everyone here on IORR. I hope you are all enjoying the new Hackney Diamonds release. I would like to ask for some audio assistance if possible ?
It seems there are many folks here on the message boards with exemplary audio skills and sophisticated audio software. I have a master recording from last year that is in dire need of some help. I travelled 6 hours to see a favorite band of mine, (non Stones related) and was able to record their set using a Sony PCM-M10 recorder. However sadly I inadvertently had the mic sensitivity switch bumped from low to high. As a result the recording suffers from low end distortion during the louder parts of the recording.

I feel like there may be hope to salvage this recording if it landed in the hands of a true audio wizard who might be generous enough to help me out. The file is about 45-50 minutes long and is in wav format. If anyone would be generous enough to help me out with some audio repair work, I would be indebted.

Please let me know and I can share my direct e mail and upload the file to you for a listen to see what can be done.

Much thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this and consider helping.

Re: Off topic audio assistance
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:16

The same thing happened to the guy who taped the Trabendo show and no amount of tweaking (in a studio I'd heard) could salvage it. You can't remove the distortion and restore what's gone or even remove it without removing the rest.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home