Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Maidenlane ALT'S Vol 24 - 1993.05.07 - NYC (The Grand) with TUMBLIN' DICE
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: October 16, 2023 14:41

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too.
In this second series we publish the “The Maidenlane ALTS” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In the last series we will present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The Maidenlane Alts
Volume 24
NEW YORK CITY
The Grand
(7th May 1993 – 2 sets)

7th May 1993: TUMBLIN' DICE. New York City, The Grand
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Babi Floyd (voc)/Bobby Keys (sax)/Ivan Neville (keyb, voc)/
Michael Neville (bass)/Adolfo ‘Fofi’ Lancha (dr)

CD1: set 1
01 - I Wonder Why
02 - Mojo Hannah
03 - Baby What You Want Me To Do
04 - Hell To Tell
05 - You Shook Me
06 - band introduction #1
07 - Can’t You Hear Me Knocking

CD2: set 2
01 - Padlock
02 - Boogie Man
03 - Soul Serenade
04 - You Gotta Move
05 - Iko Iko
06 - Goin' South
07 - band introduction #2

We already posted a version from this show as Volume 06 of the “Tumblin’ Dice Series” (see the info file for more details).
Maidenlane recording is a good alternative to this version.
Here the recording is edited, declicked, amplified, equalized (+30 to +45% for the left channel) and speed corrected (Maidenlane recording has to be decelerated by -7,7%).
They’re two tape flips: one after ‘You Shook Me” and another one after ‘Soul Serenade’ but no music is lost.
Note that on this version ‘Goin’ South’ is complete (when there was a tape flip in the middle of the previous version).

As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

Links valid until 23/10/23
I have a connection problem (too slow) I had to separate this post into 2 batches!

part 1: (CD1, covers & doc)
[we.tl]
part 2: (CD2)
[we.tl]

This is the LAST ALTS volume, stayed only the MDL/FP version for this show that I will post on Wednesday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Maidenlane ALT'S Vol 24 - 1993.05.07 - NYC (The Grand) with TUMBLIN' DICE
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: October 16, 2023 14:48

Thanks very much!!!

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Maidenlane ALT'S Vol 24 - 1993.05.07 - NYC (The Grand) with TUMBLIN' DICE
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 14:59

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: October 16, 2023 15:25

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: October 16, 2023 15:59

Thank you

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: October 16, 2023 16:04

thumbs up

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 16:05

Thanks for all these series, I wonder why did Maidenlane stop recording (viewing?) Taylor shows after 93 though.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: October 16, 2023 23:00

Looking forward to listening to this and the FP versions!
Thanks so much!

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: October 17, 2023 03:27

riccardo99
Thanks for all these series, I wonder why did Maidenlane stop recording (viewing?) Taylor shows after 93 though.

Great question, in retrospect MT stopped living in NYC by the early 1990s. There was something in the air, as the Lone Star Cafe in Greenwich Village closed in 1989, and its replacement, the Lone Star Roadhouse in West Midtown, closed in 1992.

Mick seems afterward to have launched into a diversity of geographies and musical collaborations.

In NY it became pretty quiet MT-wise, until the Internet came along (1995 or so) and linked us all together even when he wasn't playing many gigs in our area.

We didn't realize just how good we had it in NY from 1986-90 or so, until it was over. That era was probably the most intense location ever for seeing tons of MT, year after year. It was likely also the only time MT could play four packed shows on a weekend just a short walk from his home.

The enormous work that StonyRoad and his pals have done to present all of these shows in an attractive, intellectually consistent and lovingly restorative and complete manner is an unbelievable gift to MT's performances, the tapes and Mick Taylor fans (present and future).

For those with time to listen to them at some point, there is an ambitious new site launching, that is devoted to discussing each live performance. It will take a few more years to completely fill-in. But these NY years are currently getting reviewed show by show. GimmeMT.com

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 17, 2023 03:54

Thanks a lot Maidenlane and Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: October 17, 2023 05:04

Thank you.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 17, 2023 22:29

THX

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: October 17, 2023 23:05

Thank you so much Maidenlane and Norbert!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2228
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home