Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WHERE IS COLD ENGLISH BLOOD RUNS HOT? (SISTER MORPHINE)
Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: December 19, 2005 22:53

Anyone heard a new source from Toronto '72? I've seen it ciruculating and just wondered if it's an upgrade. They called it 'press box matinee' or something like that.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: December 19, 2005 23:46

I just saw this. Fascinating.

FWIW years ago I circulated the 7/26/72 audience excerpt which ends just before "Welcome to NY" begins. It's now on a couple boots, first was the obscure "Loveliest Night of Seattle" on Idol Mind.

Recently I traded to several people what Menace tells me is an upgrade of 7/24/72. It came from a 20+ year old cassette. Speed went from very fast to ridiculously fast as the recorder's batteries must have been dying but I managed to fix it. Only an ok recording but has Uptight/Satisfaction.

Looking forward to 7/25/72 upgrades for sure!

Dave

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 20, 2005 00:16

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-12 02:14 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 28, 2005 13:02

Finally after 5 years patience it's finally there: SM's long awaited title: COLD ENGLISH BLOOD RUNS HOT. This 2cd Set captures the second show from MSG 25 July 1972.
Before 2004 we only had two songs in soundboard from the Dick Cavett show from the first show. But last year the magic moment was there: Torn & Frayed discovered both shows from 25 july 1972 ! And you know how ? Simply by asking !!!! A guy who recorded every show he saw in MSG for a period of 3-4 years holded these shows in his archive but never circulated them. And you know why not? Because simply nobody had ever asked him about those stones shows !!!!!!
Torn is STP's arch angel who brought these shows back to earth. He circulated the shows first through Rolling Stones Boots and then soon al bootleglabels picked up this title. VGP's Cold English Blood Runs Hot/Exile's Five englishmen etc / other jap[anese issues etc etc .
We were happy as can be but still we knew there was something out there................ Sister Morphine had a tape but didnot release it. They released SB titles which were remastered by their CCH and found a market for Soundboard loving fans. Lucky for us 72 adorationals, SM finally took the effort to restore the tape they had in hands for many years and here it is : SM's Cold English Blood Runs Hot!

Which show is it ? The last months SM was spreading the news that VGP's 2nd show was bogus. Wel read and see=>
The show is exactly the same as VGP's second show (issued on a 3 cd set with both shows on them).
Markers: Mick singing Yeah Yeah before starting with BS. Same inbetween chatter from Jagger but edited ; missing from the intro "Ladies and Gentlemen" ; missing some words from Jagger (for instance before Love in Vain).
Tape Source: It's a different audience tape source than VGP; different screams out the surrounding. On SM tape you hear Keith hitting the strings one time before BS ; it's missing on VGP ; SM is more bright ; more distinction between the instruments. Bitch has a lot more Keith's guitar then VGP's ; It's a definite upgrade. The Show is much more "In your Face" than VGP's and makes you feel you are in the audience!.
How good is it? One of the best audience tapes from 1972 => YES.
But as good as Charlotte ?? NO.
Do people who have VGP's CEBRH/Exile's five englishmen spend 5 days bla bla / Etc Etc need this SM disc ? Yes they do. It's the best version of this second show.
Usually the Stones second shows on 72 tour are a kind of tired / sloppy / lazy compared to the "breakfast" shows. But this one is uptempo energetic good real horroshow 72 stones. SM brings it in the best quality.
Buy this title !!
Yours sincerely.
Erwin J. Hoetjes

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 28, 2005 16:44

Got it today, can't wait to listen to it!

Date: December 30, 2005 04:00

riccardo99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got it today, can't wait to listen to it!

'oo's gonna do a song by song review of CEBRH?

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 30, 2005 08:31

Here it is (from Datastones):

COLD ENGLISH BLOOD RUNS HOT.

This 2cd Set captures the second show from MSG
25 July 1972. Before 2004 we only had two songs in soundboard from the Dick Cavett show from the first show. But last year the magic moment was there: Michael Jahke
discovered both shows from 25 july 1972 ! And you know how ? Simply by asking !!!! A guy who recorded every show he saw in MSG for a period of 3-4 years holded these shows in his archive but never circulated them. And you
know why not? Because simply nobody had ever asked him about those stones shows !!!!!!

Michael is STP's arch angel who brought these shows back to earth. He circulated the shows first through this forum and then soon all bootleg labels picked up this title. VGP's Cold English Blood Runs Hot/Exile's Five englishmen etc / other jap[anese issues etc etc. We were happy as can be but still we knew there was something out there................ Sister Morphine had a tape but didnot release it. They released SB titles which were remastered by their CCH and found a market for Soundboard loving fans. Lucky for us 72 adorationals, SM finally took the effort to restore the tape they had in hands for many years and here it is :
SM's Cold English Blood Runs Hot!

Which show is it ? The last months SM was spreading the news that VGP's 2nd show was bogus. Well read and see=>

The show is exactly the same as VGP's second show (issued on a 3 cd set with both shows on them). Markers: Mick singing Yeah Yeah before starting with BS. Same inbetween chatter from Jagger but edited ; missing from the intro "Ladies and Gentlemen" ; missing some words from Jagger (for instance before Love in Vain).

Tape Source: It's a different audience tape source than VGP; different screams out the surrounding. On SM tape you hear Keith hitting the strings one time before BS ; it's missing on VGP ; SM is more bright ; more distinction between the instruments. Bitch has a lot more Keith's guitar
then VGP's ; It's a definite upgrade. The Show is much more "In your Face" than VGP's.

How good is it? One of the best audience tapes from 1972 => YES. But as good as Charlotte ?? NO. Do people who have VGP's CEBRH/Exile's five englishmen spend 5 days bla bla/ Etc Etc need this SM disc ? Yes they do. It's the best version of this second show. Usually the Stones second shows on 72 tour are a kind of tired / sloppy /
lazy compared to the "breakfast" shows. But this one is uptempo energetic good real horroshow 72 stones. SM brings it in the best quality.

As SM has done great effort to restore and issue this show I kindly ask you booties to support the label and buy the 2cd set (See IORR's websiteTrade/Buy/Sell for contact). Dear Robert (Mishra) and other moderators that this is against the RSBoots list rules. But I sincerly hope you'll make one exeption for this fine release.

Yours sincerely.
Erwin J. Hoetjes

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: December 30, 2005 13:59

Got mine today and it´s really good.

I noticed that "All Down The Line" on this release is from another show.
I´ll have to do some more evaluation about this but I´m pretty sure it´s from the 07-25-72 matinee.

This implies that:
- this new source is missing one song
- that there is another audience source out there for the 07-25-72 show

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 30, 2005 14:26

the saga continues.....

smiling smiley

Posted by: rwriii ()
Date: December 31, 2005 08:26

Tornandfrayed Wrote:
> Got mine today and it´s really good.
>
> I noticed that "All Down The Line" on this release
> is from another show.
> I´ll have to do some more evaluation about this
> but I´m pretty sure it´s from the 07-25-72
> matinee.
>
> This implies that:
> - this new source is missing one song
> - that there is another audience source out there
> for the 07-25-72 show

You gots to be kidding me, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 31, 2005 09:28

rwriii Wrote:
> Tornandfrayed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Got mine today and it´s really good.
> >
> > I noticed that "All Down The Line" on this
> release
> > is from another show.
> > I´ll have to do some more evaluation about
> this
> > but I´m pretty sure it´s from the 07-25-72
> > matinee.
> >
> > This implies that:
> > - this new source is missing one song
> > - that there is another audience source out
> there
> > for the 07-25-72 show
>
> You gots to be kidding me,
> LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, according to the VGP release it ("All Down The Line") is from the First Show (the "matinee") as Tornandfrayed so aptly noticed. Which means WHAT(?) is actually on the reel-to-reel tape in my safe? Both shows? I really can't remember as it's been quite a while since the reel-to-reel tape ("Scotch" Tape Number 207 or 206 (it's not marked)) was played once and recorded directly to the computer's SCSI hard drive utilizing a DigiDesign AudioMedia 3 audio card on the Windows NT OS, in the year, I believe, 1998. And right now I don't know as I initially had to borrow a friend's Reel-to-Reel PLayer to transfer the recording(s). The good friend now lives roughly 1,000 miles away.

So I guess it's time to either find a hi-quality Reel-to-Reel Player or rent one for the day.

Stumped! This is proving most interesting/frustrating/mind-boggling. I will contact the original taper tomorrow morning and try to work out what he might remember (good luck!), LOL!!!

Will also attemping to find the back-up discs I initially made in order to protect the transfered recording(s). They're there... but where?

Hopefully BOTH shows are on the original reel-to-reel tape!?!

The taper originally claimed the tape contained the First Show...

Date: January 1, 2006 07:42

Still, it's gratifying to finish out the year having this much anticipated show ringing in my addled little ears...

RWRIII, it's time for a chat. New Year's Day, perhaps? I'm not getting stinko paralytico tonight, just having a few drinks and listening to some boffo music. Email me w/a good time to ring you.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: January 12, 2006 03:22

As to the above: YES! There is a "another audience source" on the reel-to-reel tape(s) as to the First Show (as originally stated in the very beginning). Quality? Same as the other show just recently released. smiling smiley))

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 12, 2006 04:29

rwriii Wrote:
> As to the above: YES! There is a "another audience
> source" on the reel-to-reel tape(s) as to the
> First Show (as originally stated in the very
> beginning). Quality? Same as the other show just
> recently released. ))

Awesome! grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 15, 2009 23:30

"FWIW years ago I circulated the 7/26/72 audience excerpt which ends just before "Welcome to NY" begins. It's now on a couple boots, first was the obscure "Loveliest Night of Seattle" on Idol Mind."

Yup I had this boot : the NY trax were coupled with a bad version of the Seattle`72 late show tape).
Dave, your tape was known as the "WTNY tape". Do you know why? Was it made by a TV crew = is there some 72 footage resting in someone's vaults?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 16, 2009 17:23

dcba
"FWIW years ago I circulated the 7/26/72 audience excerpt which ends just before "Welcome to NY" begins. It's now on a couple boots, first was the obscure "Loveliest Night of Seattle" on Idol Mind."

Yup I had this boot : the NY trax were coupled with a bad version of the Seattle`72 late show tape).
Dave, your tape was known as the "WTNY tape". Do you know why? Was it made by a TV crew = is there some 72 footage resting in someone's vaults?

WTNY = Welcome To New York???

J

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 16, 2009 18:18

Awwww you just burst my fantasy bubble Mr Marko winking smiley
It souds good so I thought it was semi-pro

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home