Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol17 - 1990.02.21 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 21, 2023 10:34

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too. In the second series we publish the “Maidenlane Tapes Alts” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In this last series we present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series): by “mixing” I mean that I simultaneously record the 2 sources and by “merging” I mean that I record each source on a different channel (one for the left channel and the other for the right).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN’S VERSIONS
Volume 17
21. February 1990
NYC
Lone Star Roadhouse
(2nd show)
(2 sources mixed and merged)

21st February 1990: New York City, Lone Star Roadhouse (2nd show)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Jon Paris (gtr, voc, harm)/Teo Leyasmeyer (keyb)/Emmanuel 'Chulo' Gatewood (bass)/Damon Duewhite (dr)

CD1: the mixed versions
01 - intro & tuning (first 15seconds solely Mdl then a mix)
02 - It Hurts Me Too
03 - I Wonder Why
04 - The Stumble
05 - band introduction #1
06 - Phone Booth
07 - You Gotta Move
08 - Shake Your Moneymaker
09 - band introduction #2

CD2: the merged versions (left channel Maidenlane, right channel previous version)
01 - intro & tuning
02 - It Hurts Me Too
03 - I Wonder Why
04 - The Stumble
05 - band introduction #1
06 - Phone Booth
07 - You Gotta Move
08 - Shake Your Moneymaker (faded in)
09 - band introduction #2

‘You Gotta Move’ was published in edited form on a promotional 3" CD-single (Fun House FXD 5029) in Japan in August 1990 with around 2’30 of music deleted at 4’15 (Maidenlane as based on the Maidenlane source).

Nzb also contribued a recording from this show which is often saturated, with a muddy sound and a poor spectrum.
Maidenlane's version is very interesting because it has a better sound and it’s around 2’30 minutes more complete.
I decided to combine both recordings in the idea of having the most complete recording with the best possible sound.

Maidenlane recording provided the 15 first seconds from the tuning.
"Shake Your Moneymaker" was a real puzzle to reconstruct. Due to the length of the tapes used, the 2 recorders stopped in roughly the same place in the first part of 'Shake Your Moneymaker' but Maidenlane was much quicker to restart the recording while the other recorder lost almost 2 minutes. This title is now more complete but there remains a cut (marked by a fade in/out) at 1’49 In the previous recording there was also a 21 second cut at 4’51 for which only the Maidenlane recording is present.
To summarize:
0’00 to 1’49 : solely Maidenlane
fade in/out
1’49 to 1’59 : solely Maidenlane
1’59 to 4’51: both sources
4’51 to 5’13: solely Maidenlane
5’13 to the end both sources

All recordings are edited, declicked and the channels equilibrated and synchronized.

As I like the 2 versions, I decided to post them both. The 'mixed' version is the most complete and contains the passages where there is only the recording from Maidenlane (see above). I did not save these passages for the 'merged' version except for the short patch in part 2 of 'Shake Your Moneymaker' which otherwise would have been cut.

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 28/09/23
[we.tl]
ALTS Vol 18 on Saturday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol17 - 1990.02.21 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: September 21, 2023 11:20

Thank You

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol17 - 1990.02.21 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: September 21, 2023 12:48

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 21, 2023 13:05

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 21, 2023 14:42

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: September 22, 2023 05:18

Thank you.

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: September 22, 2023 09:13

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: September 22, 2023 10:28

Wow! Thanks for all your work on this!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 22, 2023 13:12

Thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 22, 2023 16:31

THX

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: September 25, 2023 13:26

Thank You Norbert!

Date: October 8, 2023 17:12

I don't know what happend but I don´t have this one.
Would anybody reupload it, please? Thanks in advance!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 8, 2023 21:18

Quique-stone

Hi Quique,

Vol. 17, musically untouched, but tagged files:

[we.tl]

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: October 8, 2023 21:50

Quique-stone
It’s true my friend that there are so many volumes that it’s not easy not to miss one. >grinning smiley<
Thank you BT2G for taking the relay

Date: October 9, 2023 23:28

StonyRoad
Quique-stone
It’s true my friend that there are so many volumes that it’s not easy not to miss one. >grinning smiley<
Thank you BT2G for taking the relay

I think a short blackout interrupted the download and I thought at the time I got it completed.

Date: October 9, 2023 23:30

BlueTurns2Grey
Quique-stone

Hi Quique,

Vol. 17, musically untouched, but tagged files:

[we.tl]

Thank you so much BT2G, very appreciated! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home