Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 08 - 30 April 1988 - NEW HAVEN
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: August 9, 2023 10:53

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too. In the second series we publish the “Maidenlane Tapes Alts” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In this last series we present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series): by “mixing” I mean that I simultaneously record the 2 sources and by “merging” I mean that I record each source on a different channel (one for the left channel and the other for the right).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN’S VERSIONS
Volume 08
30. April 1988
NEW HAVEN
(Brick & Wood International Café)
(several versions combined)

30th April 1988: New Haven, Connecticut, Brick & Wood International Café
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Max Middleton (keyb)/Shane Fontayne (gtr)/Wilbur Bascomb (bass)/Bernard Purdie (dr)
CD1:
01 - radio interview and ads/spots (see below as well)
02 - intro & tuning
03 - Soliloquy
04 - I Wonder Why
05 - Giddy Up
06 - Red House

CD2:
01 - Goin' South (extended to 17’14 from 15’29 with the Maidenlane recording)
02 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
03 - Blind Willie McTell (restored from the start to 7’47 with the ‘saturated’ source)

Mick Taylor is really excellent on this show!
We have a good version from Maidenlane but the previous sources are better: two versions can be found, both are lossless and coming from the same source.
One is more complete but saturated especially on the first CD-R (until ‘Red House’).
The other has a better sound, runs at a good speed but it’s incomplete (the biggest part of ‘Blind Willie McTell was missing) and they are lots of little digi-noises in the 3 first tracks.
To have the best and the more complete recording I propose to you a combination with the 3 versions.
The bulk is coming from the ‘not saturated previous version’. Now it’s restored: all the little faults deleted one by one with Audacity. The Maidenlane recording provides the banter at the end of ‘Goin’ South’ which was missing on both previous versions. The ‘previous saturated version’ (not so saturated for this track) gives the first 7 minutes of ‘Blind Willie McTell (after a deceleration by -3%).
In ‘Goin’ South’ I equilibrated the channels (+30% for the left channel from 2’31 to 3’01.

I also added, as an introduction of the show, a short extract from Mick Taylor’s radio interview from the same day where he presented the new band and some radio ads.

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 16/08/23
[we.tl]

Next, ALTS 9, will be on Saturday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-09 10:53 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 08 - 30 April 1988 - NEW HAVEN
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: August 9, 2023 11:04

Thank You

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 08 - 30 April 1988 - NEW HAVEN
Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: August 9, 2023 13:30

smileys with beer

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: August 9, 2023 15:55

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 9, 2023 17:48

thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 9, 2023 20:40

THX

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: August 9, 2023 23:14

Wow, thanks so much for this!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: August 10, 2023 05:17

Thank you.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: August 10, 2023 15:53

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 11, 2023 23:01

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 13, 2023 17:11

Thanks Norbert!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home