Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 06 - 1987.12.12 - NYC (Lone Star Cafe) - 2nd show
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: August 3, 2023 10:07

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too. In the second series we publish the “Maidenlane Tapes Alts” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In this last series we present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series): by “mixing” I mean that I simultaneously record the 2 sources and by “merging” I mean that I record each source on a different channel (one for the left channel and the other for the right).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN’S VERSIONS
Volume 06
12. December 1987
NYC
Lone Star Café
(2nd show)
(2 complementary sources)

12th December 1987: New York City, Lone Star Cafe (2nd show)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Max Middleton (keyb)/Wayne Hammond (bass)/Mike Cullen (dr)/Shane Fontayne (gtr)/Larry (congas)

CD1: (previous source reworked)
01 - intro & tuning
02 - slow blues instrumental
03 - Blind Willie McTell
04 - Blue Note Shuffle
05 - Giddy Up
06 - I Wonder Why

CD2: (Maidenlane source reworked)
01 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
02 - Blues In The Morning
03 - Leather Jacket
04 - Red House
05 – outro

This recording by Maidenlane is interesting compared to the version circulating before, because the sound is better in the 2nd part of the show and there are no fluctuations in the sound that spoiled the start of 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'. But the end of 'I Wonder Why' is brutal (tape flip) and above all it lacks a large part of the instrumental blues which begins the show.
We have decided to publish 2 versions:
- the first in the 'ALTS' series featuring only the Maidenlane reworked recording.
- the second in the 'Maidenlane Frankenstein’s version' series which will combine the 2 sources to have the most complete recording with the best sources.

Here you will find the association of these two sources. The ‘already circulating’ source gives the first part of the show with a great guitar sound even the voice is muddier and Maidenlane provides the second part (from ‘Can’t You Hear Me Knocking’ onwards). Both sources were reworked. For the Maidenlane source see ‘Maidenlane ALTS – Vol 05’. The other source is also declicked, sound amplified and speed corrected to be in sync with the other (-2,9%)

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid untill 10/08/23
[we.tl]
next will be Mdl/Fp Vol 08 on Saturday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 06 - 1987.12.12 - NYC (Lone Star Cafe) - 2nd show
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: August 3, 2023 10:25

Thank

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 06 - 1987.12.12 - NYC (Lone Star Cafe) - 2nd show
Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: August 3, 2023 11:46

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: August 3, 2023 12:22

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: August 3, 2023 20:18

Thanks SR!
thumbs up

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: August 4, 2023 05:35

Thank you.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 4, 2023 17:01

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: August 5, 2023 01:30

Thanks so much!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: August 6, 2023 11:06

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 7, 2023 11:33

THX

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 13, 2023 17:08

can someone again replace the link ... thanks

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 13, 2023 18:01

Hi,

Could someone re-upload this one please?

Thanks!

Regards, mariano

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: August 14, 2023 12:34

Here is your request

[we.tl]

Eibert

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: August 14, 2023 16:15

Thank you so much eibert!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home