Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: New Orleans 1978 - Sweet Little Sixteen Video With Significantly Better Sound
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 5, 2023 21:58

here's sweet little sixteen from the video of this show synced properly to the significantly better audio that i believe originates from the "freezer sampler" (that info i found here iorr)

we

if anyone has this fantastic recording and can share it or at least tell me more about it please do

also i'd like to request that those with the skills and time please try to upgrade the sound of the video of this show with the audience recording that's circulating publicly

i know that neither the audio or the video is particularly great but its a complete video of a show from 1978 and that interests a great many of us despite the lack of quality

i'd do it myself but this one is really really hard to do and i think calls for someone with far more experience then me

however i did manage to create a before and after of the last half of let it rock as a demonstration of the potential improvements that could be made to the sound

tried to improve the sound a bit as well and make it more listenable but i'm not very good at that sort of thing

we

finally thank you to hanemaaijer for sharing this audio with me

Re: POST: New Orleans 1978 - Sweet Little Sixteen Video With Significantly Better Sound
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: July 5, 2023 22:42

Hello PW, I remember I dido something with the New Orleans show... perhaps it can be useful?

Re: POST: New Orleans 1978 - Sweet Little Sixteen Video With Significantly Better Sound
Date: July 5, 2023 22:53

yes perhaps that could be useful

at the very least i'd love to give it a listen

could someone post it with we tranfer or show me where else i could download it?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 6, 2023 03:15

thumbs up

Great work. Most enjoyable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-06 03:28 by exilestones.

Date: July 6, 2023 03:32

Rolling Stones, The – New Orleans 1978 ( 2CD+1Bonus DVDR ) Non label

I saw this online.

[www.discjapan.com]

Date: July 6, 2023 04:14

yeah that was one of the ones i was looking for

i first found it here dbboots but there's no mention of a dvd with it

does anyone have it?

how's it sound?

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: July 6, 2023 09:55

Hi gang

Here is the complete Freezer tape:

[we.tl]

THE ROLLING STONES
SUPERDOME
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
JULY 13, 1978
TAPER: FREEZER (unknown gen)

cd > eac > wav > tlh > flac (8)

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Woman
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Lies
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Thanx to the original uploader

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 6, 2023 10:21

Unfortunately it is mislabelled and NOT the freezer tape.
The freezer recording is in another league (quality wise) and at least for me the most wanted AUD recording that is known but not circulating.
Too bad freezer took this one with him into his grave.

At least nobody from the family seems to be in touch with any stones collector
or willing to share it otherwise.
Nobody knows if this recording still exists and where it is.

fortilix
Hi gang

[we.tl]

THE ROLLING STONES
SUPERDOME
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
JULY 13, 1978

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Woman
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Lies
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-06 10:22 by falo01.

Date: July 6, 2023 14:52

fortilix
Hi gang

[we.tl]

THE ROLLING STONES
SUPERDOME
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
JULY 13, 1978

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Woman
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Lies
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

thumbs up

Date: July 6, 2023 14:55

More than 80,000 fans showed up in the Louisiana Superdome for a concert by the Rolling Stones, on July 14, 1978. (AP Photo)

The Stones would come to New Orleans for the first time in July 1978, playing to a crowd of 80,173 at the Superdome. Their opening acts were Van Halen and The Doobie
Brothers. Tickets were $13.50. States-Item reporter Richard Boyd wrote that rumors of the Stones’ pending breakup at the time were probably just that — rumors.

Date: July 6, 2023 17:52

falo01
Unfortunately it is mislabelled and NOT the freezer tape.
The freezer recording is in another league (quality wise) and at least for me the most wanted AUD recording that is known but not circulating.
Too bad freezer took this one with him into his grave.

At least nobody from the family seems to be in touch with any stones collector
or willing to share it otherwise.
Nobody knows if this recording still exists and where it is.

fortilix
Hi gang

[we.tl]

THE ROLLING STONES
SUPERDOME
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
JULY 13, 1978

Let It Rock
All Down The Line
Honky Tonk Woman
Star Star
When The Whip Comes Down
Beast Of Burden
Lies
Miss You
Just My Imagination
Shattered
Respectable
Far Away Eyes
Love In Vain
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Sweet Little Sixteen
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

thank you fortilix for trying

i'll still give it a listen

and thank you for clearing that up falo1

unfortunate but i would assume since a track from it circulates that he must have digitized and preserved it at some point

hopefully it surfaces someday

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 6, 2023 20:02

Thank you!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 6, 2023 20:57

ProfessorWolf

thank you fortilix for trying

i'll still give it a listen

and thank you for clearing that up falo1

unfortunate but i would assume since a track from it circulates that he must have digitized and preserved it at some point

hopefully it surfaces someday

the sample is pretty old and I think it was on a sampler (vinyl?)
just to annoy people by showing that he has stuff nobody else had.
To my knowledge he never gave away the complete recording.

EDIT: CD from 2002 is the only release of this song from the freezer tape
[dbboots.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-07 10:34 by falo01.

Date: July 7, 2023 00:17

well that's to bad

thanks for the info though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-07 00:18 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: July 7, 2023 03:37

The fortlix version is a lot better than what I had. Thanks for posting fortlix.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 7, 2023 11:58

What fortilix posted is the same source as usual and as posted here: [iorr.org]. Maybe it's a bit "optimized" by equalizing.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 7, 2023 19:36

Anyone repost Stone Pony's The New Orleans show.Can¨t find it on my HD...

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 8, 2023 12:59

1978 07 13 New Orleans, FP-015, StonyRoad 24wav
[we.tl]
smiling smiley

Posted by: okenny ()
Date: July 9, 2023 04:13

exilestones

More than 80,000 fans showed up in the Louisiana Superdome for a concert by the Rolling Stones, on July 14, 1978. (AP Photo)

The Stones would come to New Orleans for the first time in July 1978, playing to a crowd of 80,173 at the Superdome. Their opening acts were Van Halen and The Doobie
Brothers. Tickets were $13.50. States-Item reporter Richard Boyd wrote that rumors of the Stones’ pending breakup at the time were probably just that — rumors.
I now know from this picture that that strange video was an in-field service video, thank you.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 9, 2023 08:14

Broesel2404
1978 07 13 New Orleans, FP-015, StonyRoad 24wav
[we.tl]
smiling smiley

Thank You !

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 10, 2023 09:16

ProfessorWolf
here's sweet little sixteen from the video of this show synced properly to the significantly better audio that i believe originates from the "freezer sampler" (that info i found here iorr)

we

if anyone has this fantastic recording and can share it or at least tell me more about it please do

also i'd like to request that those with the skills and time please try to upgrade the sound of the video of this show with the audience recording that's circulating publicly

i know that neither the audio or the video is particularly great but its a complete video of a show from 1978 and that interests a great many of us despite the lack of quality

i'd do it myself but this one is really really hard to do and i think calls for someone with far more experience then me

however i did manage to create a before and after of the last half of let it rock as a demonstration of the potential improvements that could be made to the sound

tried to improve the sound a bit as well and make it more listenable but i'm not very good at that sort of thing

we

finally thank you to hanemaaijer for sharing this audio with me

Thank you very much Professor Wolf!
This is very enjoyable!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 10, 2023 11:31

THX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home