Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Ron WOOD Sidesteps - Woody's On The Beach - Vol 11'bis' - 19 December 1988 with Don COVAY (complement)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: June 13, 2023 10:23

another complement for an old series

Ron Wood Sidesteps:
The Woody’s On The Beach-concerts

This series is dedicated to the concerts that Ron Wood played at his Miami night club "Woody’s On The Beach" and in which he often accompanied other musicians.

Thanks to all the original recorders and especially to nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who provided me their recordings, gave critic and advise regarding my work ... so without whom this project wouldn’t have been possible!
........................................................................................................................

Volume n°11b
19th December 1988
RON WOOD & DON COVAY
………………………………………………………………………………………………

CD1:
Part I: 19th December 1988: Bobby Keys with the house band. Miami, Florida, Woody’s On The Beach, as opening act for Don Covay.
Line-up: Bobby KEYS (sax) and the house band feat. Harvey Mandel (gtr) from ‘Mercy Mercy Mercy’ onwards.
01 - Sea Cruise (faded in)
02 - Return To Sender
03 - Mercy Mercy Mercy
04 - Am I Grooving You -with RW guesting only in the first part of the song (harm & voc)
05 - Soul Serenade
06 - Not Fade Away

Part II: 19th December 1988: Don Covay. Miami, Florida, Woody’s On The Beach
Line-up: Don Covay (voc)/Hilly Michaels (dr)/… (keyb)/… (bass)/… (gtr, voc)/… (sax)/ … (gtr)
07 - Baby You Don’t Have To Go
08 - banter (Don Covay introduction)
19 - Three Time Loser
10 - Sookie Sookie
11 - These Arms Of Mine

CD2: (Don Covay Band feat. RW & BK)
Line-up: RW (gtr; voc on Honky Tonk Women)/Don Covay (voc)/Hilly Michaels (dr)/… (keyb)/… (bass)/… (gtr, bvoc)/… (gtr)/Bobby Keys (sax)/… (sax)

01 - See-Saw/Shake Rattle And Roll
02 - banter (Ron Wood introduction)
03 - Don Covay Boogie
04 - Mercy Mercy
05 - I Never Get Enough Of Your Love
06 - Havin’ A Party
07 - Honky Tonk Women
08 - It’s Better To Have/Barefootin’
09 - Satisfaction
10 - Mercy Mercy (as “Happy Birthday Woody’s On The Beach”)
11 - Chain Of Fools
12 - Letter Full Of Tears
13 - Long Tall Shorty
14 - Hi-Heel Sneakers
15 - Lucille
16 - outro

We just discovered this new and more complete recording of the 1st anniversary of RW’s Miami night club Woody's On The Beach. Several titles were previously missing from Don Covay’s set and we didn’t know yet that Bobby Keys and the house band did the supporting (with a notable guest spot by RW). Here you will have the complete show now. We decided to post this volume as a variation to volume 11, which you can keep as it was lossless while this new version is lossy.

I edited the titles, de-clicked the recording and balanced the channels. Note that on some titles the drums are very present and drowns much of the vocals and the other instrumentals.

As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 20/06/23
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Ron WOOD Sidesteps - Woody's On The Beach - Vol 11'bis' - 19 December 1988 with Don COVAY (complement)
Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 13, 2023 10:25

Thanks a lot - great upload!

N

Re: POST: Ron WOOD Sidesteps - Woody's On The Beach - Vol 11'bis' - 19 December 1988 with Don COVAY (complement)
Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: June 13, 2023 11:40

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: June 13, 2023 12:55

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: June 13, 2023 13:48

Thank You

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 13, 2023 16:16

THX

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: June 13, 2023 18:30

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: June 13, 2023 23:19

Thank You Norbert!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: June 14, 2023 04:56

Thank you.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 15, 2023 00:00

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 18, 2023 05:56

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home