Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Something Happened To Me Yesterday Stripped Mix
Posted by: ToddS ()
Date: March 4, 2023 23:15

Deleted . I will not post my mixes again since it upsets members here . No hard feelings or anger . Thanks for your comments .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-06 21:11 by ToddS.

Re: Something Happened To Me Yesterday Stripped Mix
Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 5, 2023 08:48

Deleted, not because I would have changed my opinion but to calm down the thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-05 15:20 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 5, 2023 13:05

Ok wiredallnight"........you got me.......but it wasn’t really very funny......or necessary......wonder what BV would think of your post?

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 5, 2023 13:22

Kingbeebuzz
Ok wiredallnight"........you got me.......but it wasn’t really very funny......or necessary......wonder what BV would think of your post?

I think it was not just funny but also to the point. Nobody needs deconstructed Rolling Stones classics, would you also peel off layers from the Mona Lisa to see her more naked?

I would rather wonder what BV would think about posting official tracks here (see sticky thread)...

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-05 13:24 by NeddieFlanders.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 5, 2023 15:03

Well neddie I obviously would not peel layers off a painting because that would damage it........however I would be very interested in any of the artists working drawings to learn and appreciate how their creation of a masterpiece progressed.

In the same way I appreciate hearing many demos and original stripped down beginnings of songs. I would argue that many of the Stones early compositions which on first hearing appear simple are actually quite complex musical mixes. How they do that in the studio I find very interesting. I don’t obviously “need” to know as you put it but I do find it interesting.

JJF springs to mind as an example. It has I believe several layers. In fact there is an out take of another song where you can here I think it’s Keith and Charlie discussing that “hidden” layer in the mix. I can’t remember which out take it is but others here will know.

My post above was posted in response to wiredallnights post which unnecessarily diverted me away from IORR to another site where I was then, basically, insulted.

If BV is happy to allow Todd’s postings on his site......then who is wiredallnight to insult readers of the post........that was my point.

Now I have explained.....I will not post any more on this topic.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: March 5, 2023 16:50

Kingbeebuzz
...then who is wiredallnight to insult readers of the post........that was my point.

I did not insult anyone here, I just posted a link. Now you write that what was in that link!

Posted by: ToddS ()
Date: March 5, 2023 23:30

According to my Mediafire Account , 73 people downloaded it . So i guess some people liked it .

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: March 6, 2023 12:13

ToddS
According to my Mediafire Account , 73 people downloaded it . So i guess some people liked it .

And some disliked it, but that's not the point. You do a disservice to all collectors and Stones historians/chronologists, as in a few years time nobody will be able anymore to tell your deconstructed tracks apart from authentic early takes or basic/backing tracks (with less overdubs or vocals).

N

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: March 6, 2023 12:23

As I have already said other times, it would be enough to at least indicate that these are not original things from the studio

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 6, 2023 13:36

You just have to stop this, or as Hulloder said, make absolutely clear you f#@k up officially released material to present it as instrumentals or stripped down versions.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: March 6, 2023 20:07

I enjoy your posts, this one didn't come out so great but usually they sound really good, and with a disclaimer maybe it will calm so serious collectors down.

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: March 6, 2023 20:57

Thanks very much for your upload!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home