Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2005 recordings
Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: November 26, 2005 15:38

Whoever trashed the 'benchboy' Hollywood Bowl recordings as being poor quality is wrong. These are VG+ audience recordings. The recordings favor the vocals, but they are fine audience recordings. It amazes me that some people would never go through the trouble or risk of making a stealth recording, but they are the first to bitch if the recording is not handed to them on a silver platter via a torrent site, and when it is handed to them they complain about the quality.

Re: 2005 recordings
Posted by: Esky ()
Date: November 26, 2005 15:58

agreed.

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: November 26, 2005 16:04

why don't these people who complain so much about recordings and the quality bring a MD into the venue and tape the show themselves insatead of jumping and singing all the time and then looking for a recording of the show and later moaning about recording quality????? just a pure suggestion. Maybe they should shut up. (sorry for being a bit rude, not my style)
If they did that, they could be allowed to argue for "other lower" quality recordings. Come on, do the DIRTY WORK !!!!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2005 20:07

silvertrain and bob are 100% right

Posted by: drno ()
Date: November 26, 2005 20:50

Sorry guys, but I got a different view. And I don`t talk about a special show or taper/seeder. I’m just talking in common.

BOBM tells us that in his opinion a certain recording is very good. That is okay for me. But when there is somebody else who tells us that he doesn`t like the same recording, he is bitchin`? Come on guys. I think everybody has the same right to talk about his opinions. There is nobody who is right or wrong! There should be a fair discussion. This whole thing is not about offending anybody!!! This is just about comparing different recordings / shows! I might like these, anybody else might like those. So who is right and who is wrong? Nobody. But everybody has the right to express his thoughts! There is absolutely no need to call names on people who had a different view or standpoint. And I think none of those who said they don`t like a certain recording intended to offend the taper / seeder! They just compare and say what they think. That has absolutly nothing to do with the taper. This has to do with the way I like to hear music (some like sbd some like aud). There is nothing wrong with that. I am glad that there are so many different opinions out there.

On the other hand you may say, hey that is for free, don`t criticize what you got for free. But hey people, as soon as you go public with anything you ( wrong not you but the stuff you brought to the public) will be criticized! That is life! You can either stand it or can react like several people already did and stop seeding.

Guys I think we are all grown-ups and we should be old enough to discuss things in a fair way with a language that offends nobody!

Let me say at the end of this that I respect any taper and seeder for his work!!! And when I compare different shows and say hey this one is great and that one is ….. I don`t mean to offend the taper.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: November 27, 2005 19:22

Some people doesn´t know,what is a bad sounding bootleg.You should hear couple
72´s......like Tuscaloosa.thats BAD.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 27, 2005 23:36

The Hollywood Bowl recordings on Dime are not audience recordings but ALD soundboards. Someone remastered and reseeded them and they sound quite good now, especially the 1st show which he mixed with the audience recording! Really great job!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-11-27 23:38 by midnrambler.

Date: November 28, 2005 02:01

midnrambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Hollywood Bowl recordings on Dime are not
> audience recordings but ALD soundboards. Someone
> remastered and reseeded them and they sound quite
> good now, especially the 1st show which he mixed
> with the audience recording! Really great job!
>
>
>
> Edited 2 times. Last edit at 11/27/05 23:38 by
> midnrambler.

they are referring to the torrent that had both bowl shows in one torrent.
these new so called remastered bowl shows ain't that hot. no matter how you slice it they ARE audience recordings.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: November 28, 2005 02:38

No doubt, the technological improvments in recording devices of today are much superior to the '70's or even the '90's. I for one am greatful to those that record these shows, audio or video. Obviously they will never be the quality of official releases. Some of this 2005 stuff is very good, of course everyone has there opinion. I think the Charlottesville show is awesome. The main reason is because that is the show I attended. That is the great part about live boots, we can listen to the show we went to! True, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion of a show's quality. For me the only exception is when someone is selling boots, either CD or DVD and they rate them A+. There is no such thing as an A+ audience recording. Just my opinion, but thanks to all of you who have the equipment and ability to tape these shows for all of us. I don't have a problem with you making money off of it either. No one gave you the recording equipment, and I have videoed my children at various activities enough to know you cannot enjoy the event if you are trying to make a video. So again, my thanks to all of you tapers who have filled our shelves with CDs and DVDs of our favorite band.

Greg

"thank you Jesus, thank you LORD!"

Posted by: smith ()
Date: November 28, 2005 10:35

drno Wrote:
> But everybody has the right to
> express his thoughts!
> On the other hand you may say, hey that is for
> free, don`t criticize what you got for free. But
> hey people, as soon as you go public with anything
> you ( wrong not you but the stuff you brought to
> the public) will be criticized! That is life! You
> can either stand it or can react like several
> people already did and stop seeding.

So is it worth it?

On one hand the right of free speech, on the other the knowledge when it's better to shut up - at least for me that IS a sign for a real grown-up.

It doesn't hurt me in person but it f*cks me up when somebody jumps off of his seed before having it completed because he's getting bored by the comments. It happened as somebody brought over a DVD from RO to Dime and some clever guys (they had already downloaded it on RO) started to bitch around. I finished the seed because I still had it on my HD. This can't be the basic idea behind sharing.

And don't forget - you and others might be in the position to be able to handle stuff like this WITHOUT offending the seeder in person, others are definitely NOT able to do so without sounding rude.

One thing I noticed so far - we have less new ABB-gigs coming now then we had a month ago. This might be coincidence but I doubt it as I know that there were at least 3 more shows taped by Dime-members who don't want to seed them - guess why.

Anyway, I'm preparing to seed a new source from Giants Stadium today or tomorrow and I prepare to take the blame again ;-)

Date: November 28, 2005 12:39

Does complain bout those who complain change anything??? Just a question.

Sometimes it might be better to show a sign of a real grown-up and to use THE knowledge ;-)

Posted by: smith ()
Date: November 28, 2005 13:10

finally we can agree lol

To complain about those who complain is the REAL problem - I'll stop immediately and I'm sure my mate will seed Tampa in a minute. Keep your eyes open guys !! :-)

herzlichen Dank drno !

;-)

Date: November 28, 2005 13:38

You are welcome :-)

Posted by: RJ ()
Date: November 28, 2005 23:08

the worst kinda guy Wrote:
> midnrambler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Hollywood Bowl recordings on Dime are
> not
> > audience recordings but ALD soundboards.
> Someone
> > remastered and reseeded them and they sound
> quite
> > good now, especially the 1st show which he
> mixed
> > with the audience recording! Really great
> job!
> >
> >
I honor the intentions to try to improve the recording, I do alot of audio editing myself, but I can't listen to Hollywood Bowl. I resort back to San Diego, a more realistic form of AUD recording. Tour's not over, a much better SBD will surface.

Posted by: Goyasparanoias ()
Date: November 29, 2005 13:04

Where the @#$%& are the San Francisco shows ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home