Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Toronto Club show 7/19/1994
Posted by: rjw ()
Date: June 2, 2022 00:52

I'm not impressed with the sound quality of the Toronto club show 7/19/94 from the known sources. Considering this was a small club show, I'm surprised there's not a better sounding version/soundboard out there?

Thanks!

Robert

Re: Toronto Club show 7/19/1994
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 6, 2022 08:41

rjw
I'm not impressed with the sound quality of the Toronto club show 7/19/94 from the known sources. Considering this was a small club show, I'm surprised there's not a better sounding version/soundboard out there?

Thanks!

Robert

I have same issue, unfortunately

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 7, 2022 15:46

I live close to Toronto.
My brother has a friend who is an avid live music collector.
At a party one night he played a few tracks from that show, on a mix.
They were AMAZING. He was surprised when I told him I knew what venue they were from. When I asked him for a copy? I got the typical "I'd get killed by the trader community, if this got out. So few of us have it." He did take me to his media room and he gave me a private listen. Not quite SB quality but better than what's out there. When I explained how important it was to him that they don't sit on this show and it NEEDS to get out there? He agreed. He went on to say that it took him YEARS to gain the trust of this group and while he wanted to help me with a private copy, he couldn't. When he asked the source he declined. If any of you remember "Blinded By Love By Gypsy Kings" VGP release? I was the source for that master tape. Even though I had the BLESSING from the guy who gave it to me? That Trader Community in Toronto has a long memory, and I was refused a copy. The fellow that had it had a HUGE crush on my brother. My brother and he went on a few dates but my brother was only able to secure me another private listen, strictly because I saw this show, personally. This was almost 20 years ago. His friend told me to be patient he was working on getting me a copy. My brother sees him occasionally but no copy yet, sadly. If I DO get a copy, I'll let everybody know.

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: June 7, 2022 17:14

I was checking my copy of Voodoo Clubbing FM 2114 ... it's lossy.
Also lossy here: [iorr.org]

Secret Lounge is ok.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 7, 2022 19:06

Secret Lounge on Dandelion (it's not the famous European Dandelion label but from Japan probably!) is the best and most complete one so far. The sound quality is getting better as the concert proceeds.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 8, 2022 19:42

dennycranium
I live close to Toronto.
My brother has a friend who is an avid live music collector.
At a party one night he played a few tracks from that show, on a mix.
They were AMAZING. He was surprised when I told him I knew what venue they were from. When I asked him for a copy? I got the typical "I'd get killed by the trader community, if this got out. So few of us have it." He did take me to his media room and he gave me a private listen. Not quite SB quality but better than what's out there. When I explained how important it was to him that they don't sit on this show and it NEEDS to get out there? He agreed. He went on to say that it took him YEARS to gain the trust of this group and while he wanted to help me with a private copy, he couldn't. When he asked the source he declined. If any of you remember "Blinded By Love By Gypsy Kings" VGP release? I was the source for that master tape. Even though I had the BLESSING from the guy who gave it to me? That Trader Community in Toronto has a long memory, and I was refused a copy. The fellow that had it had a HUGE crush on my brother. My brother and he went on a few dates but my brother was only able to secure me another private listen, strictly because I saw this show, personally. This was almost 20 years ago. His friend told me to be patient he was working on getting me a copy. My brother sees him occasionally but no copy yet, sadly. If I DO get a copy, I'll let everybody know.

Thanks for the story and your efforts. I don't understand why these Toronto Traders would not want everyone to enjoy this recording?

Tell your friend that the Toronto Traders will never know anything! You can give it a different name and let it fly.

I know a collector who has some unbelievable Stones items that aren't circulating.

I asked him, "What will happen to these great Rolling Stones recordings after you are gone?" He responded, "They'll be at the bottom of the sea where they belong!"

We then got into a conversation about the Stones legacy and future generations and I felt I have a responsibility since I have so much Stones material to share it. He just got aggravated with me.

IMHO, some people don't think right.

It's like any other situation in life, 'put yourself in someone else's shoes.' How would you feel if you wanted something that someone could easily share and won't?

Do you feel pain? Do you get angry, tired, happy, distraught, etc...? So does everyone else. We all bleed.

"If we are all one, then let's show we are all one."

Some people got weird issues.

I collected everyone of the recordings of this show for a project I'm working on to share with the world for all time to come.

These people may own the recording, but they don't own the music.

I think the best version of this show I found was Dandelion's Secret Lounge.

Denny, You can get this recording and be a true hero!

++++++++

[we.tl]

Posted by: rjw ()
Date: June 15, 2022 19:29

Yes, Secret Lounge is like the others....disappointing. sad smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 16, 2022 23:41

Part of the allure for these traders is the exclusivity of the group.
It's like you get some shows. They wait to see if it gets circulated then slowly, you gain the trust of the group.
This fellow had shows, outtakes, alternate mixes from pretty much every band I like. Some of the U2 and Bowie stuff he had was incredible.
He had no problem SHOWING me what he had and giving me a quick listen.
I think he got some kind of perverted pleasure out of saying: "Sorry, I just can't give you a copy...it's so rare..."

Date: June 17, 2022 02:31

dennycranium
Part of the allure for these traders is the exclusivity of the group.
It's like you get some shows. They wait to see if it gets circulated then slowly, you gain the trust of the group.
This fellow had shows, outtakes, alternate mixes from pretty much every band I like. Some of the U2 and Bowie stuff he had was incredible.
He had no problem SHOWING me what he had and giving me a quick listen.
I think he got some kind of perverted pleasure out of saying: "Sorry, I just can't give you a copy...it's so rare..."

yeah, I know the type. An elitist.

Q. What is an example of elitist?

A. For example, the opinion that there should be a minimum income requirement in order to vote is an elitist view.
The belief that a relatively small group deserve special privileges, power and respect due to their supposed superior qualities.

Some wine lovers tend to feel part of a cultural elite, opinion leaders in their own building, but lose the sense of things.

Date: June 17, 2022 02:33

What does this guy love (besides himself)? Bowie? Stones? Let's make a deal!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:46

rjw
Yes, Secret Lounge is like the others....disappointing. sad smiley

Come on, turn it loud, then it's acceptable! grinning smiley

Date: June 19, 2022 16:47

We want better than acceptable. There were some official clips released. I think they were part of an EPK.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 19, 2022 17:07

Imo the gig has "nothing special" written all over it. The encore with Jeff Healey is OK but overall the band sounds a bit rusted.

(sorry to come and spoil the partee!) grinning smiley

Date: June 20, 2022 00:07

You aren't ruining my party. I'm always looking for Love Is Strong and Brand New Car. Live With Me has some kick to it.

From going to many Rolling Stones shows on a tour, I find it interesting to see how a song develops.

Did you see/hear the pro-shot clips? They sound great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home