Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

INFO: King Biscuit Flower Hour Quadrophonic & More
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 29, 2022 20:08

From Quadraphonic Quad website

[www.quadraphonicquad.com]

furui_suterioo wrote:
THE ROLLING STONES KBFH QUAD REEL 3CD I JUST WANT TO MAKE LOVE TO YOU Z01 eBay it says discrete reel but it also mentions Involve Surround Master SQ

J. PUPSTER replied
"So looks like the other two CDs are the front channels on one and the rears on another; hopefully they're synchronized in time.

And the first CD is then the SM SQ decode? But it wouldn't be discrete in the first place, if just taken off the broadcast would it (guess it does say "pre FM"?)"

+++++++++++++

The Rolling Stones - KBFH Quad Reel

The Rolling Stones - Kbfh Quad Reel
Label: Not On Label (Rolling Stones) - none
Format:
3 x CDr, CD-ROM, Limited Edition, Unofficial Release
Released: 2020
Genre: Rock
Style: Blues Rock
Quad mix (67:22)
1-1 KBFH Intro.
1-2 Intro.
1-3 Brown Sugar.
1-4 Gimme Shelter.
1-5 Happy
Front 2channel (67:22)
2-1 KBFH Intro.
2-2 Intro.
2-3 Brown Sugar
2-4 Gimme Shelter
2-5 Happy
Rear 2channel (67:22)
3-1 KBFH Intro.
3-2 Intro.
3-3 Brown Sugar
3-4 Gimme Shelter
3-5 Happy

KBFH King Biscuit Flower Hour, Discrete 4-Channel Quad Reel pre-FM & Broadcast Date: 29th September 1974

Wembley Empire Pool, London, UK 9th September 1973
Forest National, Brussels, Belgium 17th October 1973 (1st show)

Enter your comment:

gonzalo76 Oct 6, 2021
The track list is incomplete:

1. KBFH Intro.
2. Intro.
3. Brown Sugar
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Happy
6. Tumbling Dice
7. Dancing with Mr.D
8. Angie
9. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. Midnight Rambler
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. All Down the Line
13. Rip This Joint
14. Jumping Jack Flash
15. Street Fighting Man

[www.giginjapan.com]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gig In Japan:

Rolling Stones / KBFH Quad Reel / 3CDR / Non Label

KBFH King Biscuit Flower Hour, Discrete 4-Channel Quad Reel pre-FM & Broadcast Date: 29th September 1974

Wembley Empire Pool, London, UK 9th September 1973
Forest National, Brussels, Belgium 17th October 1973 (1st show)

The sound quality is improved because an Involve Audio Surround Master SQ decoder was used.

All shows distributed on reel are 2 - 7? reels unless noted.

This is a surprise, that there was a 4 channel stereo version of the King Biscuit Flower Hour sound source (hereinafter referred to as KBFH) of the 1973 European tour! 1973 was a time when record companies and audio makers were working together to boost 4 channels. It would be no wonder if there was a 4-channel broadcast version of Europe 73 in this era.

In fact, KBFH also performed live broadcasting of 4 Chan specifications in 1973, the most famous is The Who 1973 Philadelphia performance. Even the LP "TALES FROM THE WHO" borrowed from the broadcast was famous for enthusiasts who could play on 4 channels. In such an era, it was natural that a 1973 European 4-channel mixed version broadcast was made.

When Stones Europe '73 was broadcasted in the late 1974, it was a period of the decline of 4-channel audio, which was not widespread. There may have been few enthusiasts who recorded the broadcast at that time.

This broadcasted content is clearly unique. From the opening, it is well announced that this is an SQ 4-channel stereo broadcast. In the SQ system, the so-called 4-channel separation is not so much, but there is a strength that you can understand the difference of the mix even if you play in normal 2-channel stereo. For example, many albums such as Sony to Jeff Beck A 4-channel version was released.

Even if you listen to the CD as usual, you can understand the difference between the 4-channel broadcast mix. On the whole, Keith and Mick Taylor's guitars are less often separated into left and right, and in particular, Keith's guitar is often placed in the middle.

"Tumbling Dice is the easiest way to understand the difference in the mix. Taylor's lead is placed on the left. The part of the song that swells when the song approaches in the second half, is where you can hear the piano sound played by Ian Stuart, which you can hardly hear on regular broadcasts. Another feature is that the drums do not spread from side to side as much as normal broadcasts in most songs.

The regular broadcast was taken from the Wembley Arena. Here the '73 songs from Brussels that didn't see the light of day until the 1988 version of the two songs "Gimme Shelter" and "Happy." It is presumed that this was a treatment for completely distinguishing from ordinary broadcasting. Of course, their mix is also different from the 1988 version.

Although "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)" has not been recorded yet, and edits after "You Can't Always Get What You Want" are exactly the same as the regular broadcast version, this is the 74 version. It proves that it is a different version. A shocking gift that includes a four-channel version!

++

Created from 4-channel reel. Front 2CH is closer to the bass and Rear 2CH is closer to the higher. (If these two are combined into 2CH, the sound will be QUAD MIX.)

FRONT MIX and REAR MIX differ not only in sound quality but also in the stereo balance of each instrument & vocal.

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) is not included. 1. KBFH Introduction Was recorded only on Rear 2channel, so this song only sounds exactly the same on all three discs.

[monotone-extra.co.jp]

Empire Pool, London, UK 1973

Re: INFO: King Biscuit Flower Hour Quadrophonic & More
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: April 29, 2022 20:28

Posted by: intercepter ()
Date: January 31, 2020 03:42
[iorr.org]

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 1, 2022 23:27

1974.09.29 KBFH Quad Reel (Non Label) 3CDR.zip [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: May 4, 2022 02:51

Actually, I was obsessed with this DVD-A.
This is what I have:

1. Rolling Stones - Brussels Affair (The King Biscuit Flower Hour,bootleg) [DVDA][QU][BL] 1973

source: "demonoid.com", Release author: romanotrax

SQ Quad Mix - > DVDA,DTS,DD
DVD-Audio: PCM 4.0 48/24
DVD-Video: DTS,DD 4.0

Notes, additional information, comments, covers and links:
This is a true 4.0 QUAD decoded from the original King Biscuit Flower Hour SQ encoded FM broadcast. Possibly sourced from a Pre-FM reel.

Here we have a classic bootleg from the King Biscuit series. After months of searching for a good copy that would actually decode the SQ I came across the Rattle Snake version of this great show!. As with the other 5 or 6 I found I did some preliminary work of a couple of songs and found that it did indeed decode into 4.0 SQ quad. In the rears you will hear lead guitar, horns, some keyboards and of course the crowd. The sounds from the rear are pretty distinct and the show now has a much bigger sound IMHO. This actually seems to be from an original copy of the show tapes and not a copy of a copy of a copy.

This has been released many times under many different titles but this is the first time I know of, or have found, that it is available in quad form.

It is presented here in Lossless DVD-A as well as DTS and Dolby 4.0 so this will play in any DVD player. Total running time is approximately 68 minutes.

All art is included.

Bob Romano, 2009

[www.ecishere.de]

2: Rolling Stones - 1973-xx-xx KBFH King Biscuit Flower Hour, Brussels Affair Quad Mix - DVD-A Discrete 4-Channel Quad Reel pre-FM

DVD-Audio
Discrete 4-Channel Quad Reel
Total play time: 67 minutes
Folder/file structure: AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS

Upped by Dowling
Date 2015-12-19, 04:01 AM
[www.thetradersden.org]

3: Rolling Stones 1973-xx-xx King Biscuit Flower Hour, Quad Mix Upgrade - DVD-A DL Discrete 4-Channel Reel pre-FM (AUDIO DVD)

DVD-Audio DL (Dual Layer)
Requires a DVD+R DL disc

This is an upgrade to: [www.thetradersden.org]
The sound quality is improved because an Involve Audio Surround Master SQ decoder was used.

Upped by Dowling
Date 2016-01-21, 08:29 PM
[www.thetradersden.org]

Date: May 4, 2022 05:01

gonzalo76
Actually, I was obsessed with this DVD-A.
This is what I have:

1. Rolling Stones - Brussels Affair (The King Biscuit Flower Hour,bootleg) [DVDA][QU][BL] 1973

source: "demonoid.com", Release author: romanotrax

SQ Quad Mix - > DVDA,DTS,DD
DVD-Audio: PCM 4.0 48/24
DVD-Video: DTS,DD 4.0

Notes, additional information, comments, covers and links:
This is a true 4.0 QUAD decoded from the original King Biscuit Flower Hour SQ encoded FM broadcast. Possibly sourced from a Pre-FM reel.

Here we have a classic bootleg from the King Biscuit series. After months of searching for a good copy that would actually decode the SQ I came across the Rattle Snake version of this great show!. As with the other 5 or 6 I found I did some preliminary work of a couple of songs and found that it did indeed decode into 4.0 SQ quad. In the rears you will hear lead guitar, horns, some keyboards and of course the crowd. The sounds from the rear are pretty distinct and the show now has a much bigger sound IMHO. This actually seems to be from an original copy of the show tapes and not a copy of a copy of a copy.

This has been released many times under many different titles but this is the first time I know of, or have found, that it is available in quad form.

It is presented here in Lossless DVD-A as well as DTS and Dolby 4.0 so this will play in any DVD player. Total running time is approximately 68 minutes.

All art is included.

Bob Romano, 2009

[www.ecishere.de]

2: Rolling Stones - 1973-xx-xx KBFH King Biscuit Flower Hour, Brussels Affair Quad Mix - DVD-A Discrete 4-Channel Quad Reel pre-FM

DVD-Audio

Upped by Dowling
Date 2015-12-19, 04:01 AM
[www.thetradersden.org]

3: Rolling Stones 1973-xx-xx King Biscuit Flower Hour, Quad Mix Upgrade - DVD-A DL Discrete 4-Channel Reel pre-FM (AUDIO DVD)

DVD-Audio DL (Dual Layer)
Requires a DVD+R DL disc

This is an upgrade to: [www.thetradersden.org]

Upped by Dowling
Date 2016-01-21, 08:29 PM
[www.thetradersden.org]

I have a couple of questions, please.

1. Are we supposed to be able to download a torrent from Trader's Den? I can't find the DL button.

2. Will we hear quad sound somehow if we do everything right?

Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: May 5, 2022 20:28

Try this link for the torrent

Date: May 5, 2022 20:36

Rot10Crotch
Try this link for the torrent

Thank you. I'll try it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 31, 2022 07:42

I’ve noticed a lot of these KbFH type releases and other radio broadcast boots online and I’m wondering if there sound is better than a lot of other boots out there since they were broadcast over the airwaves and I’m thinking the technology to do so would have been than what the average fan in attendance probably had. Would they be better than soundboards?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home