Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help identifying this source? London 1973
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 24, 2022 04:42

Originally King Biscuit broadcast. I've download all the versions in the vault...especially the VGP releases yet it doesn't seem to exactly match this clip on YouTube. In all the versions there is static noise at 29 second mark of Gimme Shelter that is NOT present in this version here. Plus the time track is not exactly the same. Do you know where this version/source below comes from?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 04:49 by Justin.

Re: Help identifying this source? London 1973
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 24, 2022 08:59

IMO, this is the London 19730909 version, that we know from the legendary "Bedspring Symphony" lp. I can hear a noise (feedback) at 0.29 on the "Brussels Affair" Bootleg, which was also broadcasted by KBFH, but this version was recorded in Brussels 19731017, 1st show.

Date: April 24, 2022 20:20

Do you or anyone what source was used for this clip on YouTube?

It's clear that it's 9/9/73 but can't locate same source this guy used? Every version I downloaded has a static/crunch sound in the intro but this guy's upload is crystal clean.

Any help is appreciated!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 25, 2022 02:23

Justin

It's clear that it's 9/9/73 but can't locate same source this guy used? Every version I downloaded has a static/crunch sound in the intro but this guy's upload is crystal clean.

Any help is appreciated!

Try writing to kg441 and ask what is the source. Let us know what happens.

Date: April 25, 2022 03:00

exilestones
Justin

Any help is appreciated!

Try writing to kg441 and ask what is the source. Let us know what happens.

Yup have left a comment on video but he hasn't been active in 10 years....

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 25, 2022 03:26

look at Rattlesnake Brussels Affair Definitive Edition

Date: April 25, 2022 08:56

Here is one in brilliant quality without noise at 0.28 from the Joe Meloney Archive: [we.tl]

Date: April 26, 2022 05:52

BlueTurns2Grey
Here is one in brilliant quality without noise at 0.28 from the Joe Meloney Archive: [we.tl]

Thank you very much! Any chance I can have the rest of the show from that source?

Date: April 26, 2022 20:15

Justin
BlueTurns2Grey

Thank you very much! Any chance I can have the rest of the show from that source?

Here we are, complete FM broadcast: [iorr.org]

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: April 29, 2022 00:31

BlueTurns2Grey
IMO, this is the London 19730909 version, that we know from the legendary "Bedspring Symphony" lp. I can hear a noise (feedback) at 0.29 on the "Brussels Affair" Bootleg, which was also broadcasted by KBFH, but this version was recorded in Brussels 19731017, 1st show.

i agree with bedspring symphony and nasty songs. but the gimme shelter on brussels affair is a different gig: other solo and a long "oh year" between the "kiss away"s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home