Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Instructions: How to Play Blu-ray Stream Files with VLC in Windows 10
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 1, 2021 12:44

I was not able to play Blu-ray steam files with VLC in Windows 10. I researched the subject and I found there was an issue with Windows 10 and VLC.

I needed a plug-in...

Part 3: How to play Blu-ray with VLC on Windows/Mac
As mentioned above, VLC media player cannot play Blu-ray movie files directly. You need to have some extra plugins or assistance. The first thing you need to do is upgrade your VLC if you have an old version. Below we will show you the method on how to play Blu-ray on VLC on Windows 11,10,8 & 7.

Step 1: Visit Videolan.org and download the latest version of VLC media player on your computer.

Step 2: Go to URL [VLC-bluray.whoknowsmy.name] and download KEYS DATABASE (KEYDB.cfg) and AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY. Download 32-bit files for 32-bit VLC, and 64-bit files for 64-bit VLC.

Step 3: Open the user area “C:\Users\your username\AppData.”

Step 4: Under Folder Options > View tab, then select “show hidden files…”>select “OK” button.

C: USERS>”User Name”>Right-Click>Properties>Hidden>Apply>All Files>Any Authorizations (if needed)

(repeat) Right-Click>Properties>Hidden>Apply>All Files>any A\authorizations (if needed)

Step 5: User needs to make a new folder in the App data that is called AACS and paste the downloaded KEYDB.cfg key file in the new folder.

Step 6: Download and install AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY in the computer. Go to C drive and find “Video LAN > VLC” in the program files of 32 bit. Paste and drop AACS Dynamic library file in this folder.

Step 7: Finally, you can easily play Blu-ray on VLC media player.
While it is not the most complicated way to play Blu-ray with VLC, it does take time to read and follow the steps. To make things easier, we would like to recommend to you several other programs that can also help you watch a Blu-ray movie on your computer more easily in the below content.

[www.leawo.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 12:45 by exilestones.

Re: Instructions: How to Play Blu-ray Stream Files with VLC in Windows 10
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: December 1, 2021 16:27

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: December 1, 2021 21:26

exilestones

I was not able to play Blu-ray steam files with VLC in Windows 10. I researched the subject and I found there was an issue with Windows 10 and VLC.

I needed a plug-in...

Part 3: How to play Blu-ray with VLC on Windows/Mac
As mentioned above, VLC media player cannot play Blu-ray movie files directly. You need to have some extra plugins or assistance. The first thing you need to do is upgrade your VLC if you have an old version. Below we will show you the method on how to play Blu-ray on VLC on Windows 11,10,8 & 7.

Step 1: Visit Videolan.org and download the latest version of VLC media player on your computer.

Step 2: Go to URL [VLC-bluray.whoknowsmy.name] and download KEYS DATABASE (KEYDB.cfg) and AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY. Download 32-bit files for 32-bit VLC, and 64-bit files for 64-bit VLC.

Step 3: Open the user area “C:\Users\your username\AppData.”

Step 4: Under Folder Options > View tab, then select “show hidden files…”>select “OK” button.

C: USERS>”User Name”>Right-Click>Properties>Hidden>Apply>All Files>Any Authorizations (if needed)

(repeat) Right-Click>Properties>Hidden>Apply>All Files>any A\authorizations (if needed)

Step 5: User needs to make a new folder in the App data that is called AACS and paste the downloaded KEYDB.cfg key file in the new folder.

Step 6: Download and install AACS DYNAMIC LIBRARY in the computer. Go to C drive and find “Video LAN > VLC” in the program files of 32 bit. Paste and drop AACS Dynamic library file in this folder.

Step 7: Finally, you can easily play Blu-ray on VLC media player.
While it is not the most complicated way to play Blu-ray with VLC, it does take time to read and follow the steps. To make things easier, we would like to recommend to you several other programs that can also help you watch a Blu-ray movie on your computer more easily in the below content.

[www.leawo.org]

I have tried this configuration with FLC several times on my Windows 10 and never worked.

Date: December 2, 2021 03:31

I used this on two computers.

Did you download the latest version of VLC? Did you find the hidden folders and make a new folder?

Did you make a new folder in the App data that is called AACS and paste the downloaded KEYDB.cfg ?

The reason I posted these instructions is that it works very well for me. Get a kid to help, that's what I did!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: December 2, 2021 05:56

How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 06:16 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2021 14:55

gonzalo76

Or use a commercial Software like CyberLink PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD to play (encrypted, copyrighted) BluRay-Discs under Windows.

One problem with VLC is that the BR-Key must be contained in the KEYDB.cfg - this could be an issue with brand-new or very specific BRs. In this case you can find the BR-Key by yourself via FindVUK - [Forum.Doom9.org] .

Beside MakeMKV can BRs also be ripped (region-free, key-free) with AnyDVD or DVDfab.

Another HowTo for BR (Linux) - [Wiki.Archlinux.org] . 2021 KEYDB.cfg - [FVonline-db.bplaced.net] .

VLC + libaacs + KEYDB.cfg plays BR also under Apple macOS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 16:05 by Irix.

Date: December 2, 2021 15:45

Irix
gonzalo76

Or use a commercial Software like CyberLink PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD to play BluRay-Discs under Windows.

One problem with VLC is that the BR-Key must be contained in the KEYDB.cfg - this could be an issue with brand-new or very specific BRs.

Beside MakeMKV can BRs also be ripped (region-free, key-free) with AnyDVD or DVDLab.

Wow! Great info. I did see some offers to buy some kind of Blu-ray player but I always try for free first.

It is annoying that VLC won't play Blu-ray on Windows 10 without the plug-in.

I've only played midimannz * MfG stream files on the VLC with the plug-in.

Date: December 2, 2021 15:48

More great tips to play Blu-ray in Windows 10. Thanks!

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: December 3, 2021 03:33

exilestones
Irix
gonzalo76

Or use a commercial Software like CyberLink PowerDVD or Corel WinDVD to play BluRay-Discs under Windows.

One problem with VLC is that the BR-Key must be contained in the KEYDB.cfg - this could be an issue with brand-new or very specific BRs.

Beside MakeMKV can BRs also be ripped (region-free, key-free) with AnyDVD or DVDLab.

Wow! Great info. I did see some offers to buy some kind of Blu-ray player but I always try for free first.

It is annoying that VLC won't play Blu-ray on Windows 10 without the plug-in.

I've only played midimannz * MfG stream files on the VLC with the plug-in.

Actually, I use CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 2021, but since it's commercial, I didn't mention it. Although I have it full...

CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra v21.0.2019.62 (Windows 32 Bits y 64 Bits)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-03 03:42 by gonzalo76.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2300
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home