POST: Keith RICHARDS & Winos - 1992 European Shows Series - Vol 08c - 13 December 1992 - MADRID ( new: mix of 2 sources)
I'm not sure that this version is better than the previous one but it is more complete (Band Intro)!
and The X-pensive Winos
The 1992 European shows
27th November – 18th December 1992
This is a series dedicated to Keith Richards’ shows with The X-pensive Winos in Europe.
A big thank you to all the people who recorded these shows and who shared them and to my two accomplices nzb and Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave me the benefit of their versions of these shows and their advice and support ... and therefore without whom this project would not have been possible.
13th December 1992
MADRID – Aqualung
13th December 1992: KEITH RICHARDS. Madrid, Spain, Aqualung
Line-up: KR (gtr, voc)/Steve Jordan (dr, bass, bvoc)/Charley Drayton (bass, dr, bvoc)/Ivan Neville (keyb, perc, bvoc)/Waddy Wachtel (gtr, bvoc)/Sarah Dash (voc)/Bobby Keys (sax, perc)/Babi Floyd (bvoc, perc)
For this show we already have two published versions:
- Version 08a: with a good sound but lossy from "Live in Madrid 13 & 14 December 1992" (MC 002).
- Version 08b: Lossless coming from "Madrid, 13 Dec 1992" (No Label) and not "The Demon in Madrid" (Memory Motel 04/5) as I first assumed! But it lacked the essentials of the band introduction on this version and (as Britney pointed out) was present on the “Memory Motel" version (on which, on the other hand, “Gimme Shelter" is missing!)
So we decided to do a 3rd version (08c) consisting of the 'Memory Motel' version (a little reworked) with the addition of "Gimme Shelter" from the "No label" version.
So we will have the complete show with the best quality found.
Mix of two lossless versions
01 - Take It So Hard
02 - 999
03 - Wicked As It Seems
04 - How I Wish
05 - Running Too Deep
06 - Gimme Shelter (from the ‘no label’ version)
07 - Too Rude
08 - Big Enough
09 - Yap Yap
10 - Time Is On My Side
01 - Hate It When You Leave
02 - Before They Make Me Run
03 - Eileen
04 - Will But You Won’t
05 - Band introduction
06 - Bodytalks
07 - I Could Have Stood You Up
08 - Happy
09 - Connection
10 - Whip It Up
On this “Memory Motel” version, here's what I’ve done:
- I equilibrated the channels
- I deleted some microgaps between the tracks,
- I reworked the transition between the tracks
Thanks to Britney for the alert about the missing band introduction and for sending the Memory Motel-recording.
As usual all the infos are taken from The Complete Works Of The Rolling Stones database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de
Posted in November 2021 by Norbert (aka StonyRoad) on IORR: [iorr.org
link valid until 05/11/21