Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: Voodoo Lounge Songwriting Sessions - Vol 02 (StonyRoad/Glimmerman SGP 02)
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 14, 2021 16:01

gotdablouse
And I think Charlie said something like "some of these grooves were frankly ridiculous" ?

Your Honor I refuse to answer and I plead the Fifth! grinning smiley
Let's say... Glimmerman did a good job when he chose the best of these 4 hrs for "Voodoo Residue" : some of Mick's ideas presented here for the very 1st time are not as good as the "Residue" material.

What's interesting is Mick kinda got his "revenge" in 97 with the B2B album : he finally made sure his creative vision would prevail this time.
The made-with-drum-machine "Saint Of Me" I is very close to the B2B final track. No Don Was interference here : Charlie redid the groove Mick developed on the demo.

Is the fact that Mick was adamant about staying true to his vision made the band "split" during 97 with 2 half-bands working separately on 2 halves on the B2B album (which ended being by far the best of the "comeback" era)?

Re: POST: Voodoo Lounge Songwriting Sessions - Vol 02 (StonyRoad/Glimmerman SGP 02)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 14, 2021 18:50

I always like the "Voodoo Residue" release thumbs up

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 15, 2021 13:45

Thank you

Posted by: usetobesampeg ()
Date: September 17, 2021 05:19

Thank you!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 10:19

Also availabel in Stonesvault

The Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Songwriting Sessions - Vol 02 (StonyRoadGlimmerman SGP 02)
[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 19, 2021 20:24

StonyRoad
02- 08b (3’31) (reworked) I tried to improve the different gaps, short ending segment reconnected to the main track.

What do you mean with "short ending segment reconnected to the main track"? When I look at this track I see no difference in length to the original track.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home