Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - transfer time questions
Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 29, 2021 08:35

Hi folks...wondering if I can get some info and advice from some of our more learned folk here...I need to know if an upload of 1 gb or so to wetransfer or file factory should take 6 - 8 hours...I have slow speeds here where I live and was wondering if that was normal or are my times due to my having incorrect settings or something...thanks for any help/suggestions as I'm a dunce....

Re: OT - transfer time questions
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 29, 2021 09:51

Uploading 1 GB takes me much more than 8 hours!

Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: April 29, 2021 12:06

Do a speed test which will tell you your max upload speed. Then divide 1gb by the mb p/s result. Convert that into minutes/hours and you will know how long it takes to upload the 1gb file.

other factors that might reduce speed are whether others share your bandwidth, whether you hit your max upload speed from ISP, any ISP throttling, over a network cable or wifi on your system, any file factory and/or WT issues (out of your control), the time of day you are uploading, try off peak or overnight, any streaming over your network which will impact your bandwidth etc etc......

Best to upload and take a nap/sleep, its less aggravating watching paint dry as you stare at the screen whilst uploading.

Its a long list unfortunately.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: April 29, 2021 16:12

ha ha, that's what i ususally do...get 'er going and go to bed...Ok thanks...just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something obviously wrong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home