Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whatever happened to "Brian Jones - The Final Truth"?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 15, 2020 09:16

Now that "Rolling Stone - Life And Death Of Brian Jones" has just been released on DVD, I think it's timely to try to put the question "Whatever happened to 'Brian Jones - The Final Truth : The Murder Of A Rolling Stone'? " to bed once and for all.

It had publicity in July 2019 at both [www.dailymail.co.uk] and
[www.loudersound.com], but doesn't seem to have seen the light of day.

Also see [m.facebook.com] for a short preview video.

What does anybody in the IORR community have to say about this? Shall we write it off as not having eventuated, or perhaps having in its own way morphed into "Rolling Stone - Life And Death Of Brian Jones", or both?

All I'd like to do is finalize the question. Perhaps a number of other members would like to do the same as well. All comments relevant to the subject are welcome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-16 09:25 by stonesman87.

Re: Whatever happened to "Brian Jones - The Final Truth"?
Date: June 16, 2020 00:41

Very interesting. 155 views so far, and no responses. A conclusion that it didn't eventuate is moving closer.

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: June 16, 2020 02:00

Just got released on DVD. Was wondering if anyone had posted it here

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 16, 2020 02:10

I think that "the final truth" never will be final.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 16, 2020 05:38

It might be final, but will it be the truth?

jb

Date: June 16, 2020 09:23

Please remember, everybody, that the subject is "Whatever happened to 'Brian Jones - The Final Truth'? ", i.e. the documentary teased almost a year ago.

The idea is to get any information about whether or not this title was released or if it didn't eventuate, got put back on the shelf, canned, whatever.

Member jaggerman, if you can provide details of where and how it just got released on DVD, please go ahead and mention.

Member StoneZP, your comment may well be correct, but, unfortunately, it's outside the subject of this post.

I think I'll give this about one more day. If nobody can come up with information about commercial screening or release, I think it would be reasonable to rule it off as "didn't eventuate".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-16 09:56 by stonesman87.

Posted by: jumpinfrog123 ()
Date: June 16, 2020 17:28

I found some information about the Netflix documentary and the Danny Garcia's new documentary.

1) Netflix documentary was based on the Terry Rawlings' book "Who Killed Christopher Robin? (1994)"/"The Final Truth (2013)",
and the film contains a 2009 interview with Tom Keylock.

Link1: [canoe.com]
Link2: [961therocket.iheart.com]
Link3: [www.nme.com]

2) Paul Spendel, co-author of the Terry's book, posted a comment on Facebook "Brian Jones The Final Truth". (June 20, 2019)
He said that he had a Tom Keylock's final interview tape, and Terry was working with UK production team to make a documentary.
He also said that the core footage of the docmentary was Tom Keylock's interview.

Link: [m.facebook.com]

3) Danny Garcia supplemented his own investigation with the work of British journalist Scott Jones and books by Geoffrey Giuliano and Terry Rawlings.
Garcia did not mention anything about the footage of Tom Keylock's interview.

Link1; [www.rockcellarmagazine.com]
Link2: [www.downtownmagazinenyc.com]
Link3; [madeinshoreditch.co.uk]
Link4; [www.laweekly.com]

Date: June 16, 2020 18:06

jbwelda
It might be final, but will it be the truth?

jb

if it`s not the truth then its not the final smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2020 18:17

stonesman87
Please remember, everybody, that the subject is "Whatever happened to 'Brian Jones - The Final Truth'? ", i.e. the documentary teased almost a year ago.

The idea is to get any information about whether or not this title was released or if it didn't eventuate, got put back on the shelf, canned, whatever.

Member jaggerman, if you can provide details of where and how it just got released on DVD, please go ahead and mention.

Member StoneZP, your comment may well be correct, but, unfortunately, it's outside the subject of this post.

I think I'll give this about one more day. If nobody can come up with information about commercial screening or release, I think it would be reasonable to rule it off as "didn't eventuate".

Ok, perceived.
Sorry, I just cant find this on DVD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-16 20:18 by StoneZP.

Date: June 17, 2020 03:30

Thanks for the comments and information. It sure looks like it disappeared into the ether, as much a mystery as the events in 1969 themselves.

For my personal information, at least, I'm concluding that it didn't eventuate.

Posted by: jumpinfrog123 ()
Date: June 21, 2020 12:10

Nowadays, we are all drowning in the sea of informations.
I found an another thread in IORR.
In that thread, Paul Spendel himself showed his knowledge.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: New Documentary on the Death of Brian Jones
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: August 1, 2019 11:42

This is what I know.
1. The Giuliano doc won’t happen.
2. The García/Reynolds doc is based on crowd funding. Not much money raised yet. They did manage to interview Robin Constable who arrested Jagger in 1969 and Jones in 1967.
3. Terry Rawlings is trying to make a Netflix documentary.
On July 30 he spilled the beans in the Daily Mirror on what Keylock says in his final 2009 interview: Tom’s CID brother helped cover it up. I have this footage (I don’t own it)and that’s indeed what happened.
4. Someone in Sussex will inherit a crucial file and photos of Brian alongside the pool. It depends on what that person will do with it. I tried to negotiate, but this party ignores me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link: [iorr.org]

Posted by: imthemastah ()
Date: June 21, 2020 19:15

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-22 17:51 by imthemastah.

Date: June 22, 2020 00:27

imthemastah
Review from Variety: [variety.com]

Once again, I need to keep this thread on the right track. The Variety review is for "Rolling Stone - Life And Death Of Brian Jones", and is not the subject of this thread, which is the documentary publicised almost a year ago titled " Brian Jones - The Final Truth : The Murder Of A Rolling Stone".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-22 00:31 by stonesman87.

Posted by: imthemastah ()
Date: June 22, 2020 17:50

My apologies! I'll delete

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 1, 2024 04:46

Update!
I just chatted with Terry Rawlings who wrote the book and he informed me that the reason it never surfaced was because the guy who was financing the documentary destroyed the tapes in a car that he had crushed and then supposedly killed himself. He then said he's not sure that the guy is really dead. He informed me that only a little bit of the material was left. There were interviews with Tom Keylock who has now passed away. Sounds like to me that someone didn't want this stuff coming out.

Date: March 1, 2024 22:04

Keefy
Update!
I just chatted with Terry Rawlings who wrote the book and he informed me that the reason it never surfaced was because the guy who was financing the documentary destroyed the tapes in a car that he had crushed and then supposedly killed himself. He then said he's not sure that the guy is really dead. He informed me that only a little bit of the material was left. There were interviews with Tom Keylock who has now passed away. Sounds like to me that someone didn't want this stuff coming out.

Fascinating. The now more than 50 year old plot has thickened to a new intensity and murkiness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home