Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question: about Electric Ladyland interest
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: February 5, 2020 20:42

Just a few questions
Why is it more interesting to post on ELL rather than on IORR?
I can download on Ell too, but with µtorrent it's very long!
I also tried to understand the rules of ELL and how to send them files but I admit that with my poor English, I did not understand!
Well! if anyone can help me understand the interest of ELL thanks in advance
And I also hope that my "video magicians" will continue to post their work on IORR
Norbert

Re: Question: about Electric Ladyland interest
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:31

It's way easier and faster for me to upload on EL. Just a few clicks instead of splitting the files and spending hours uploading file for file for IORR.

Before we had issues with EL I never uploaded on IORR. This was only an interim solution.
Other people can do the job and upload files of my uploads here, if they like. No prob with that.

Date: February 6, 2020 20:51

Thank you for your answer,
I understand that it is faster especially for videos.
Well, I still have to understand how to post on this site
At the same time, thank you again for your productions!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:19

falo01

Other people can do the job and upload files of my uploads here, if they like. No prob with that.

Of Course I will add your MfG posts into Stonesvault and post the links at IORR.
Same goes for ZitRock files.

The thing is, I am a little behind.
The past 2 weeks the hospital invited me [read ordered me] 4 times a week to attend sessions.
Including riding my bicycle back and forward, a big part of my days were used up.
It always was raining and stormy, so when I got home I was exhausted.
(As agreed, my daughter uses my car to go to work)
Thought I would have more time now, but it is "raining invites" again.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:35

StonyRoad

With torrenting there's no definite speed of transfert. If you want one torrent that's seeded by just one person chances are it'll be slow. if the torrent you want is new, it'll be well-seeded and you'll get the files faster than on WT.

Date: February 6, 2020 21:51

thanks for this clarification, so if I understand well, a new file (like for example Paris 2014, posted by Falo1) should be fast: I will try this evening!
merci!

Date: February 6, 2020 22:31

stonesmuziekfan
falo01

Of Course I will add your MfG posts into Stonesvault and post the links at IORR.
Same goes for ZitRock files.

Didnt mention any name but of course it goes without saying that you, werther & others are uploading here all the time. So thanks for that.
Dont worry about being behind with stuff.

Date: February 6, 2020 23:00

one more argument: I can spend uploading files on EL endlessly, if necessary.
Upload links on IORR from wetransfer are outdated after a week and have to be reuploaded, as well as broken links etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 23:00 by falo01.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:40

dcba
StonyRoad

With torrenting there's no definite speed of transfert. If you want one torrent that's seeded by just one person chances are it'll be slow. if the torrent you want is new, it'll be well-seeded and you'll get the files faster than on WT.

It all depends on the bandwidth and activity of t he person seeding. I have use ofa seedbox and if a person has the download bandwidth a blue-ray dvd takes 2 minutes. My home fiber connection it is about 3 minutes.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 8, 2020 19:35

daspyknows

It all depends on the bandwidth and activity of t he person seeding. I have use ofa seedbox and if a person has the download bandwidth a blue-ray dvd takes 2 minutes. My home fiber connection it is about 3 minutes.

Yes of course! A single seeder can complete the job in a matter of minutes. But often the laws of torrenting dictate that a sole seeder often has a pitiful connection! grinning smiley
I recently got a Roy Hogsed comp off a public tracker and it took me weeks to complete a 676 Mb torrent! Average speed was 0.1 Kb/s. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1870
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home