Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paying for illigal stuff...
Posted by: real rock ()
Date: October 20, 2005 14:08

Its sad that some people like to make some money whit illigal stones mp3's, I recieve tis mail:

Hi dear Stones Fans,
I want to let you know that the url has changed
From now on, to access Rockpassion, please click [www.rockpassion.com]
As you know, I always try to give you the best possible stuff of our beloved band ...It is such a hard working band that this is an endless activity to me.
I have changed my web hoster to have a much bigger space disk so that I can put more and more files to be downloaded hoping it helps most of you to increase their own collection...A big Thanks to Internet !
Now I need your support... I mean financial support...Don't see that as a constraint but as a fair contribution to continue keeping our common passion going for the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world !
So, I propose you a subscription of 20 euros or dollars for a year !
Thanks in advance for your comprehension.
Enjoy !
Friendly stoned
J-P

Re: Paying for illigal stuff...
Posted by: pop ()
Date: October 20, 2005 14:28

you think than 20 bucks is expensive for one year????

this guy is spending a lot of time.
to pay a contribution for us not to spend a lot of time
searching for stuff is more than fair.

so what are you saying about people spending over 45 usd for
one double cd of crappy show or reedition of boots such as
dac,exile,empress valley..

i think your post is not fair.
you dont like it so forget about him

cheers
phil

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: October 20, 2005 14:46

pop,
it is not poent of money.Poent is that he convert "crappy" or "reedition of boots such as dac,exile,empress valley" in totally CRAPPY MP3 format and seeding around the world.Let's keep stones material in best possible quality for next generations.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: October 20, 2005 15:07

I agree Sumi - avoid compressed MP3 music !

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: October 20, 2005 15:34

"totally crappy mp3".
this is your opinion not mine..and not many many people's opinions.
I use a 256 kbps rate most of the time...if you can hear a big difference between an original and a mp3 (256kbps), then, you have a bionic ear !

Real rock, I don't know who you are...but you're probably a member of Rockpassion since you received this email...
if you mind being a member, then, give me the email you used to register and i will delete it ok ?

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: October 20, 2005 19:35

Ok, I understand what the original email is trying to say, the person who is running the server is asking for donations to help out with the fees associated with keeping that server up and running....

If people want to download and trade MP3's, that is fine, there is nothing wrong with that...

But this is my problem...there are people who own MP3's of shows who DO NOT tell the person they are trading with that they are MP3 shows!!! All of the sudden, the person who does NOT WANT the MP3 of the Stones show is stuck with it!!!!

So here is what I think...if you are going to sell or trade Stones MP3's, make sure you tell the person on the other end that it is an MP3 show!!! This way, no one gets stuck with something they do not want...while the others who want them can have them....

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 20, 2005 20:33

I for one have no problem with sending Stonefan money because he isn;t selling boots. He is maintaining a great website and that costs money and time. He offers a great service to people.It's also pretty obvious that once you download something, you now it;s MP3 or not.

Stonefan is doing a great job. The people we should have problems with are the one who download music from sites like Rockpassion and then sell the discs.

That is crap!

Date: October 20, 2005 22:21

malja316,
I agre with you 100%.For example somobody download show from site,later trade without notice that it is MP3 source...we can imagine what wil be..
So stonefan why don't you use FLAC??
I will give you answer.It will cost you much more.If you would use FLAC you must have 4-5 times more cost for bandwich.it is better to reduce cost renting low coster dedicated server.
you can find cheaper than
[serveur-dedie.netissime.com]
just use FLAC and nobody complain you.
"The people we should have problems with are the one who download music from sites like Rockpassion and then sell the discs.

That is crap! "
dear Cafaro, just let me know who downloaded music from this site and later sell disc, just give me any advertise or just tell me bootleg label which used his material.As i know he put on server only circulated material.

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: October 20, 2005 22:46

stonefan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "totally crappy mp3".
> this is your opinion not mine..and not many many
> people's opinions.
> I use a 256 kbps rate most of the time...if you
> can hear a big difference between an original and
> a mp3 (256kbps), then, you have a bionic ear !
>
> Real rock, I don't know who you are...but you're
> probably a member of Rockpassion since you
> received this email...
> if you mind being a member, then, give me the
> email you used to register and i will delete it ok
> ?
>
hey stonefan! a while ago you posted this;

I made some CDs from MP3 sources about 5 years ago and they're still playing perfectly ! and I really can't see a major difference between original CDs and burned CDs from MP3 source as far as the sound quality is concerned.
if you convert audio files in MP3 below 128 kbps, then you can have some trouble with the reading on some players.
On my site, you'll only find audio files which have this minimum rate...

YOU ARE COMMITTING A CRIME AGAINST THE AUDIO FIDELITY!!! why?
so you are telling as you made a cd from a mp3 source and after you rip this cd
and make mp3 shows available for your site
MP3-WAV- to your cd now we have CD-wav-mp3 files ready on your site for downloading!
nevermind the mp3 lossy files, in the first place but the worst is you are making mp3 files from mp3 files [thats what you say above]
stonefan this way of sharing files is been for years on winmx or other filesharing sites where the mp3 files are converted again and again.. to death
now i guess you bought the new stones album ok!
go to winmx and download the ABB album on mp3 file and compare with the original cd and come back and tell as is the same..
i dont mind people making mp3 files for themselves but trading with others where the mp3 files are burned and ripped so many times.. is really bad

Date: October 20, 2005 22:54

artur34,
maybe you misunderstood me or I did not express myself well enough
but I don't make mp3 from mp3...I make mp3 from original cds or copies of original CDs.
Now most of the time on my site there are mp3 files with 256 kbps rate.

Date: October 21, 2005 00:16

stonefan,
you have only original Cd's and Cd-rs from original Cd's, right?
you tell us that no difference from CD or MP3.So why you use only original or CD copies of original?Why?You have not in your collection Cd's MP3 sourced?you will make attention on your site :people don't convert Mp3 from my site on WAV, just trade as Mp3??I doubt.
Did you ever record any concert?
I spent lot's of time reserching how to record concert better and better.Spent lot's of time in discus with people what is best uquipment for recording, for transfering analogue to digital.Spent lots of money to buy equipment.For what?that somobody at the end of story put on MP3.

Date: October 21, 2005 00:22

sumi, please cool down, i'm not gonna steal your market !

Date: October 21, 2005 00:48

Who talk about my market??????
i produced circulated material, so if anyone want only music, can get the same in trade or torrent sites!!It will be better to find new sources or lower generation tapes of existing shows instaed making "higher generation" of existing tapes.
Unfortunally you are not only one in this crime
[www.dream.com.cn]

Posted by: Rockboy ()
Date: October 21, 2005 01:05

Its no fan-to-fan trading, not about the Stones enymore its just making money whit selling acounts, and thats sad to fans that like real music and fear trading.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 21, 2005 14:07

OK I think we should stop here.
Rockpassion was asking us to share his costs.
That's all. You can agree and disagree.
But you should not forget that English is not a mother tongue for everybody on earth. And perhaps for some it might be misunderstanding.
I was also a bit surprised. But it's a very good side and I will think about this donation. At least I know where it's going to.

Date: October 21, 2005 14:42

I think that everybody can understund next words : today exist better compression than crapy MP3, use FLAC for example.That's point.And DON'T seed MP3 source.I am really don't interesting would you pay or not, it is your personally choice.But seedong MP3 is matter of all us.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 21, 2005 17:40

sumi,
My point is this:

If people like stonefan and others are spending their own free time to share a lot of music for free or for a nominal fee, then people who download from these sites should not charge money for the music that they themselves didn;t pay for.

There are people who download from Rockpassion and dimeadozen..etc and DO charge people for the concerts becuase these people do not know any better.

Please don't be fooled into thinking that people aren't downloading things from your site and then selling them later.

Date: October 22, 2005 03:03

Cafaro,
You don't read what write in this topic!!just spend a little time and read careffully.My first replay was ".Let's keep stones material in best possible quality for next generations." I AM NOT INTERESTING WHO WILL BUY/SELL/TRADE MUSIC, I JUST WANT TO BE AS ORIGINAL QUALITY!!!POENT OF DIGITAL COPING IS TO MAKE COPIES VERY CLOSE TO ORIGINAL.WHEN YOU MAKE MP3 IT IS NOT NEARLY CLOSE TO ORIGINAL!!NOBODY READ MY WORDS, JUST MAKE FLAC AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.
"Please don't be fooled into thinking that people aren't downloading things from your site and then selling them later."I am fooled??
on my site is only samples of 1 minutes of some songs in mp3!!do you want to buy collection of 15 songs with lengt of 1 minute???????????????just check again what is your laste sentence in your post.Once again, just make some improvements, find lower generation of aviable tapes, or find new sources, but DON'T make worst existing material.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2005 16:59

Shidoobee has yearly donations as well. It's to keep the board running. It's a great idea too. Rockpassion has the same now it seems and that cool with me.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: smith ()
Date: October 28, 2005 08:45

sumi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> malja316,
> I agre with you 100%.For example somobody download
> show from site,later trade without notice that it
> is MP3 source...we can imagine what wil be..
> So stonefan why don't you use FLAC??
> I will give you answer.It will cost you much
> more.If you would use FLAC you must have 4-5 times
> more cost for bandwich.it is better to reduce cost
> renting low coster dedicated server.
> you can find cheaper than
>
> just use FLAC and nobody complain you.
> "The people we should have problems with are the
> one who download music from sites like Rockpassion
> and then sell the discs.

Sumi I can't understand - you started with "Paying for illegal stuff" and then you're the first to say "why don't u use flac" and "costs would be 4-5 times higher" - so approx. membership for one year would be about $ 100 or € 100. Then you say "just use FLAC and nobody complain you" ????

So in other words from your point of view you would NOT be paying for illegal stuff when you get FLACs for 100 bucks a year BUT it is paying for illegal stuff as long as it's MP3-format for $ 20...

Let's make one thing clear: I prefer FLACs - I'm seeding and downloading FLACs only (with very few exceptions) and wouldn't pay for a MP3-service. BUT to each it's own and I can't see the problem. You can't blame Rockpassion for others to trade MP3-recordings without telling so. If I would build a Stones-torrent from MP3-discs would this be Rockpassions fault?? I doubt it.

silk

Date: October 28, 2005 12:18

I said :"So stonefan why don't you use FLAC??
I will give you answer.It will cost you much more.If you would use FLAC you must have 4-5 times more cost for bandwich.it is better to reduce cost renting low coster dedicated server.
you can find cheaper than
[serveur-dedie.netissime.com]
just use FLAC and nobody complain you. "
In other words, he did not interesting to reduce fees and give people better service.Many better dedicated servers around with lower cost exist.
IF he use FLAC, less money in his pocket.Everything is money (ok make money but improve something).here is example
If he rent server with 1300 GB for 1080 euros for Year.Average double title complresed MP3 in 256KB is max 250 MB.For bandwich of 1300 GB it is 5200 downloads.Average max number of downloaders (max number of members is about 100, in other case can not everyone downlaod material).So 5200/100 is 52 titles per month, really good score of titles, appriciate.100x20= 2000 euros.IF HE USE FLAC???nothing in pocket.It is complete story.So what now?no problem "LET'S THE MP3 go AROUND"

Posted by: smith ()
Date: October 28, 2005 12:58

Ok, Sumi - see what you mean - but at least there's a market for MP3s. Meanwhile we all know about Dime and other trackers (I've 9 trackers by now to see through daily) where you get FLACs and SHN-files. But still there are many people out there with a limited bandwith and even limited download-volume - that's sad but still very popular in many European countries. So maybe he's making money or not - but he sure fills a gap.

Date: October 28, 2005 13:33

OK, no problem.MP3 is winer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home