Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How do I convert VOB to MPEG?
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 14, 2019 04:30

How do I convert VOB to MPEG without the audio being out of sync with the video?

Thanks for your help.

Re: How do I convert VOB to MPEG?
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 14, 2019 05:27

exilestones
How do I convert VOB to MPEG without the audio being out of sync with the video?

Thanks for your help.

FreemakeAudioConverterSetup

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: May 14, 2019 10:15

Just change the extension vob into mpeg

Date: May 14, 2019 13:20

I'm using AVS Video Editor. Sometimes when editing a video concert such as Zilker Park 2006 (Biggest Bang) no matter how I split the tracks (VOB, MPEG, etc..), the sound goes out of sync.

I'm trying to make some individual videos for Under Mu Thumb, Get Off My Cloud and Honky Tonk. Under My Thumb always goes out of sync. There should be a simple way to split the tracks in great quality?

Date: May 14, 2019 13:27

HEILOOBAAS
exilestones

Thanks for your help.

FreemakeAudioConverterSetup

Thanks. Does this program edit video? It looks like it converts audio only. See post above for what I'm trying to accomplish.

I don't burn DVDs. I want the best tracks as individual videos from my 'Video Juke Box.' If I have a string of videos I want to play, I can play them in order with VLC or play the videos separately.

I'm trying to get the best tracks from all of the Stones official releases or pro shot with great sound from 1989-present.

I tried these Zilker Park 2006 tracks so many ways. Over and over. Under My Thumb is always out of sync. There has to be a simple fix/editing procedure.

Date: May 14, 2019 13:32

Even if I split the tracks in to VOB, still out of sync.

The original VOB files play fine in VLC but when they get cut and saved, out of sync.

Date: May 14, 2019 13:36

eibert
Just change the extension vob into mpeg

I need to also edit the video. That's where I have problems.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 14, 2019 16:11

exilestones
There has to be a simple fix/editing procedure.
Does there?

Video editing can be a real pain in the @*** sometimes.
Very often things just work as you'd expect them to, but sometimes they just won't.

If the audio and video will not stay in sync then you are probably going to have to demux it (split audio and video) and resync it in an editor with a timeline feature.

I think what probably happens is that in the original file, video and audio are packed together into frames, but some frames might not contain the same length of audio as video. But conversion software seems to just join up all of the video, join up all the audio and then put them together again, but they don't always match.
I sometimes find that one editor will work ok, but another editor won't, when both might work perfectly ok for another file. It can be a bit hit and miss, a lot of trial and error, and very frustrating.
I've never found any one piece of software that will always work.
I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, Magix Video Pro, TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works or TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer, usually, depending on which works best for whatever I'm doing.
But none of them are free (well, depending on where you get them from smoking smiley )

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: May 14, 2019 17:14

I've had success with Freemake.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 14, 2019 21:45

Could you send me one of the vob files (through WT), I will give it a try, and let you know the result.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 14, 2019 22:42

NCH, has a lot of good programs for video and audio. However they're not free. But I'm sure this will work for you.

Date: May 15, 2019 01:42

JimmyShelter
exilestones
Does there?

Maybe not but I'd think with all of the technology that there would be?

Very often things just work as you'd expect them to, but sometimes they just won't.

I found that out!

If the audio and video will not stay in sync then you are probably going to have to demux it (split audio and video) and resync it in an editor with a timeline feature.

I did that once. I use AVS products, easy to use. One thing I read was to take the video file that is out of sync and drop in to AVS Audio Editor. I'd never guess that I could drop a Video File in to a sound editor but it worked. AVS Audio Editor easily made an audio file and I took it back in to AVS Video Editor and dropped it in a sound overlay file.

I think what probably happens is that in the original file, video and audio are packed together into frames, but some frames might not contain the same length of audio as video. But conversion software seems to just join up all of the video, join up all the audio and then put them together again, but they don't always match.

That makes sense from what I've been experiencing.

I sometimes find that one editor will work ok, but another editor won't, when both might work perfectly ok for another file. It can be a bit hit and miss, a lot of trial and error, and very frustrating.

I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, Magix Video Pro, TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works or TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer, usually, depending on which works best for whatever I'm doing.

But none of them are free (well, depending on where you get them from smoking smiley )

Thanks for your words of experience. I admire your work. Newark 2012, DC 2013, Philly 2013, if my memory serves me correctly are have your hand in them?

JimmyShelter is a cool name.

Date: May 15, 2019 01:52

tjkrol
I've had success with Freemake.

Thanks. I'll try it.

Date: May 15, 2019 01:55

coowouters
Could you send me one of the vob files (through WT), I will give it a try, and let you know the result.

Download link

[wetransfer.com]

VOB 1 file

Date: May 15, 2019 01:56

frankotero
NCH, has a lot of good programs for video and audio. However they're not free. But I'm sure this will work for you.

It looks like I can try them for free:

[www.nch.com.au]

Thank you

Date: May 15, 2019 02:26

exilestones
JimmyShelter
exilestones
Does there?

Maybe not but I'd think with all of the technology that there would be?

I found that out!

I did that once. I use AVS products, easy to use. One thing I read was to take the video file that is out of sync and drop in to AVS Audio Editor. I'd never guess that I could drop a Video File in to a sound editor but it worked. AVS Audio Converter easily made an audio file and I took it back in to AVS Video Editor and dropped it in a sound overlay file.

That makes sense from what I've been experiencing.

Thanks for your words of experience. I admire your work. Newark 2012, DC 2013, Philly 2013, if my memory serves me correctly are have your hand in them?

Posted by: dph ()
Date: May 15, 2019 05:03

Date: May 15, 2019 11:45

exilestones

They were probably audio remasters.
My video work is mostly The Who, I think I only did Glastonbury 2013 of the Stones in video.
But thanks smiling smiley

Jimmy Shelter, it's just a shot away...

Hopefully you will find something that will do what you need.
My point really was that while most video files will probably work perfectly ok, you will usually find some that won't, and I don't think there is a simple fix or procedure for those files, you just need to 'find a way' with them.

Good luck with your work.

Date: May 16, 2019 04:33

JimmyShelter
exilestones

They were probably audio remasters.
My video work is mostly The Who, I think I only did Glastonbury 2013 of the Stones in video.
But thanks smiling smiley

Jimmy Shelter, it's just a shot away...

Hopefully you will find something that will do what you need.
My point really was that while most video files will probably work perfectly ok, you will usually find some that won't, and I don't think there is a simple fix or procedure for those files, you just need to 'find a way' with them.

Good luck with your work.

Thanks. I'm downloading programs that were recommended. For the Austin 2006, I ripped the audio and put it on a separate line and adjusted the timing.

Yeah, I guess it was your audio work. I remember Jimmy Shelter.

Where's your Glastonbury?

Date: May 17, 2019 04:34

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: May 20, 2019 10:59

Thanks

Date: May 24, 2019 04:29

Wow! That Glastonbury is the entire satellite feed! What other DVD do you have Mr. Shelter or is it Mr. Jimmy?

Date: May 24, 2019 12:31

exilestones
Wow! That Glastonbury is the entire satellite feed! What other DVD do you have Mr. Shelter or is it Mr. Jimmy?
I never did any more Stones, there always seems to have been people making very good Stones videos so I never saw the point in making even more. Most of mine have been The Who, Patti Smith and various one-offs, although many of them use official content and were never freely available.

Call we what you like, Jimmy, JS, Jimbo, Dr. Jimmy or Mr. Jim ... whatever smoking smiley

Date: May 26, 2019 23:04

Thanks, Jimbo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home