Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

is there a black list for "bad" non-official items?
Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:18

as i just reported, i was fooled sometimes during 35 years of collecting records. i wonder whether we (collectors) should do a black list which can protect us from buying stuff which is not what it pretends (e.g. rtr-029 "el mocambo +") or when people counterfeit quality brands (e.g. TSP-cd-224 and following). we have wonderful books from our gurus (e.g. Hoffie and Nico) and we have our experiences.

my idea (possibly not new) is a data base of record titles, numbers and the mistakes/foolings.

please give a hint of former discussions and/or opinions

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 03:20 by DoctorStone.

Re: is there a black list for "bad" non-official items?
Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 00:56

That would be quite a long and tedious undertaking. Of course it would be a welcome database to have but alas, it would require an enormous amount of study. Even the famous boot sites have many entries with erroneous info. Just Brussels '73 for example---booted how many times on vinyl and CD with fake dates and locations! I for one would like to help you or contribute in some way if I can. I have an extensive boot collection--well over 1,200 vinyl and CD. A daunting task to say the least. An interesting topic indeed.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 18, 2019 01:59

Just be careful for an album named "Brussels Sprouts", claiming to be San Diego 72 soundboard

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 18, 2019 13:49

Meanwhile, there are at least 1.500 different factory pressed bootleg CD releases out there. Maybe 95 % are unnecessary, if not total trash, not to speak of the CDR-releases. Even most TSP releases and also many VGP numbers are not the best release of the particular stuff anymore. A black list is impossible to make. But maybe a "white list"?

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 23:05

good idea---listing the best instead of the worst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home