Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Good News: New CD HONK
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 22:55

Is anybody honking about this new release?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 30, 2019 00:07

HEILOOBAAS
It's non news. Anybody can make their own playlist, made up of better mixed, or differently mixed, versions of these same songs. Why this is being released is beyond me. Do they owe the record company a release? It's futile to release an album in 2019 when it's just gonna be torrented within minutes.

In 1972, when Hot Rocks was released, it was a big deal. Many people bought it, a double LP set. I don't know what the eventual sales figures were, but with the 1972 American tour, ABKCO clean the eff up. Made in the Shade is a brilliant collection. The shite compilations they put out after that, including Stripped [wh. I considered to be beneath contempt I made it through not even the third song], is simply that: shite.
I LOVED Stripped

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: March 30, 2019 00:15

StonedRambler
HEILOOBAAS
It seems to me Clearmountain is the curse of production. I've not heard all he's produced, but enough of it that it has a blandish, boring, same-sounding patina that all but destroys the individuality of the artist.

The previous is just my opinion.
Do you think that Tattoo You sounds blandish and boring? Because that was also mixed by Clearmountain.
But I agree with you that he has a certain mixing style and that all Stones live releases in recent years have a quite similar sound. The are really good, solid mixes, but sometimes you wish to have more variety. On the other hand, what happens if another person trys to mix a Stones release can be heard on VL Uncut.

The mixing/mastering for Tattoo was nothing but insane perfection.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 09:14

It doesn't look like anybody's honking about this release at all.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 31, 2019 23:49

Live tracks are great

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2100
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home