Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Stones Book
Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 16, 2019 15:49

Swayed1967
wtravis
detroitken
I ordered this book nearly 2 years ago !! NEVER got it & after many many emails all they said was "it has been delayed" I think these folks are a RIPOFF...they took my $ & never sent me anything...deal with them at your own risk...RIPOFF...

Books are delayed for a number reasons, having worked in book publishing. I've contacted the publisher and they are firming up a delivery date for this year.

That made me laugh for a number of reasons. And then I sighed…

Um, as the author of this ponderous must-have tome, I would think you might have a little more specific knowledge as to why the book has been delayed. Of course, one doesn’t have to be a rocket scientist or even a ‘veteran Rolling Stones historian’ to fathom the reason – pitifully weak pre-order sales. But they’re ‘firming up a date,’ huh? Ok, but in the meantime how about a 20-page excerpt and a small expression of gratitude to detroitken?

I still stand by my RIPOFF statement....when I ordered this in early 2017 they said the release date was may 2017...which came & went with NO notification about the delay...it took nearly a YEAR to get the simple email they sent ,& this was after MANY attempts on my part to contact them in various forms( mostly email but also phone calls & even a snail mail letter)
I think they are fishing for more $ ....the way I see it is..hey we took all this $ 2 years ago & NEVER sent these people shit,so why dont we see how much more we can con people out of now....
But mostly I think,trying to use this absolutely GREAT Rolling Stones board to con/ripoff their fans TOTALLY SUCKS...

Posted by: wtravis ()
Date: January 16, 2019 15:52

Kurt
wtravis
Swayed1967
wtravis
detroitken
I ordered this book nearly 2 years ago !! NEVER got it & after many many emails all they said was "it has been delayed" I think these folks are a RIPOFF...they took my $ & never sent me anything...deal with them at your own risk...RIPOFF...

Books are delayed for a number reasons, having worked in book publishing. I've contacted the publisher and they are firming up a delivery date for this year.

Um, as the author of this ponderous must-have tome, I would think you might have a little more specific knowledge as to why the book has been delayed. Of course, one doesn’t have to be a rocket scientist or even a ‘veteran Rolling Stones historian’ to fathom the reason – pitifully weak pre-order sales. But they’re ‘firming up a date,’ huh? Ok, but in the meantime how about a 20-page excerpt and a small expression of gratitude to detroitken?

I have all the knowledge as to why the book was delayed, but I wouldn't out of respect for myself and the publisher discuss this in an open forum. However, I am happy to take responsibility and sincerely apologize for to those who are waiting for the book.

An excerpt will be forthcoming.

The only reason I posted the link was to see what kind of response for the book I would get from this forum. I'm not interested in pre-sales - no one makes money from pre-sales until the book is published. It was interesting to see how some thought it was a book on Brian's murder or the social impact of the Stones in the 1960s, neither of which is true. The book is fun - it's about an exciting and unique time in the group's career. I just have to make sure to potential readers that it's clear what this book is about. Thanks for all your feedback.

William,

With all due respect...
you posted a new thread in an open forum.

You didn't disclose that you were the author or even what the book was about.
If your sole intent was to "see what kind of response" you would get then you really can't be surprised by the reactions above.

detroitken deserves an apology and the truth. Please respect his request and let us all know what the real deal is here...

Thank you.

With all due respect, sir, I'm not at all surprised by the reactions. This all helps with the overall marketing of the book. This is why I posted the link. I believe I've been most clear about this. And I've already apologized to not only your fellow forum member but to all who are waiting.

The real deal, sir, is this book is coming out later this year - a date will be revealed soon - on this forum.

And lastly, I cannot reveal the reasons for the book's delay in that they are personal. This book is about the Stones - not about me.

Keep the feedback and thoughts coming. I will be reading.

Kind regards,

William Travis

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:08

Aye, that is shitty.

Pass.

Date: January 16, 2019 16:19

wtravis
Kurt
wtravis
Swayed1967
wtravis
detroitken

I have all the knowledge as to why the book was delayed, but I wouldn't out of respect for myself and the publisher discuss this in an open forum. However, I am happy to take responsibility and sincerely apologize for to those who are waiting for the book.

An excerpt will be forthcoming.

The only reason I posted the link was to see what kind of response for the book I would get from this forum. I'm not interested in pre-sales - no one makes money from pre-sales until the book is published. It was interesting to see how some thought it was a book on Brian's murder or the social impact of the Stones in the 1960s, neither of which is true. The book is fun - it's about an exciting and unique time in the group's career. I just have to make sure to potential readers that it's clear what this book is about. Thanks for all your feedback.

William,

With all due respect...
you posted a new thread in an open forum.

You didn't disclose that you were the author or even what the book was about.
If your sole intent was to "see what kind of response" you would get then you really can't be surprised by the reactions above.

detroitken deserves an apology and the truth. Please respect his request and let us all know what the real deal is here...

Thank you.

With all due respect, sir, I'm not at all surprised by the reactions. This all helps with the overall marketing of the book. This is why I posted the link. I believe I've been most clear about this. And I've already apologized to not only your fellow forum member but to all who are waiting.

The real deal, sir, is this book is coming out later this year - a date will be revealed soon - on this forum.

And lastly, I cannot reveal the reasons for the book's delay in that they are personal. This book is about the Stones - not about me.

Keep the feedback and thoughts coming. I will be reading.

Kind regards,

William Travis

When people have paid you money, and they're not getting product, nor any explanation, you owe it to them to explain this – no matter how «personal» the reasons for the delay is. Put yourself in your customers' shoes.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 16, 2019 20:01

I cannot find anything about this book in Google or Amazon.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home