Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Still sealed “Sticky Fingers” COC 59100 1st pressing (April 1971) w/ intact zipper for sale
Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: September 23, 2018 23:05

Probably a “Presswell” disc, as most usually are. No seam splits or cover bends. Shrink wrap has “breathe” holes and is still tight and unbroken. No song sticker, unfortunately. $350, OBO. Also have still sealed mono “Got Live If You Want It” London LL 3493, no hype sticker. Same condition as above. $100, OBO. Contact me for pictures. Email: dwblackvalentine69@gmail.com

Re: Still sealed “Sticky Fingers” COC 59100 1st pressing (April 1971) w/ intact zipper for sale
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 24, 2018 07:16

I remember during the 1970s, ordering imports of this album. When the record store would call to tell me the album had arrived, the first question I asked was, "Is the zipper up or down?" If the zipper was up I wouldn't buy it because it meant it was pressed into the vinyl and was therefore defective. And here the record stores thought they were putting one over a very smart 15 year old! I remember my parents were having a sort of cocktail party or some such gathering.

Here I was, a few feet away, saying into the telephone, "Is the zipper up or down?" It elicited a few comments. Oh, The Rolling Stones and the good they've done me over the years!

[post edited to correct my age from 25 to 15]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-25 11:30 by HEILOOBAAS.

Re: Still sealed “Sticky Fingers” COC 59100 1st pressing (April 1971) w/ intact zipper for sale
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 24, 2018 20:19

HEILOOBAAS
I remember during the 1970s, ordering imports of this album. When the record store would call to tell me the album had arrived, the first question I asked was, "Is the zipper up or down?" If the zipper was up I wouldn't buy it because it meant it was pressed into the vinyl and was therefore defective. And here the record stores thought they were putting one over a very smart 25 year old! I remember my parents were having a sort of cocktail party or some such gathering.

Here I was, a few feet away, saying into the telephone, "Is the zipper up or down?" It elicited a few comments. Oh, The Rolling Stones and the good they've done me over the years!

Funny! smiling smiley

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: September 25, 2018 05:43

Many first pressings were warped and unplayable due to the zipper...they had to figure out that they couldn't be stacked straight up in the boxes they were shipped in...

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 25, 2018 11:31

rovalle
Many first pressings were warped and unplayable due to the zipper...they had to figure out that they couldn't be stacked straight up in the boxes they were shipped in...

That was the cock and balls up of a certain Mr. Marshall (von) Chess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home