Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question About Audio FIle Converting
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: May 2, 2018 20:37

When converting Flac files to mp3 files for listening on my device or computer (but not for my stereo) i noticed the volume being louder on the converted mp3 file.

The program i am using to convert is Pazera and my settings for converting is set to:
MP3 / bitrate: 320
Sampling freq: 44100
Channels: 2 Stereo
Volume: 100 %

So why does the converted mp3 file sound much louder on the same audio player MediaMonkey used for listening both flac and mp3 files.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-02 20:43 by THE DON.

Re: Question About Audio FIle Converting
Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 2, 2018 21:44

I'm not familiar with Pazera but I suspect it is the "Volume: 100 %" bit that is lifting the volume - to 100% (0 db). None of the other settings should change the volume.

Does it have an option for "original volume" or "don't change volume" or something?

Or just set it lower maybe.

Date: May 2, 2018 23:43

JimmyShelter
I'm not familiar with Pazera but I suspect it is the "Volume: 100 %" bit that is lifting the volume - to 100% (0 db). None of the other settings should change the volume.

Does it have an option for "original volume" or "don't change volume" or something?

Or just set it lower maybe.

No i don't have the option to set the volume to original volume or don't change volume however I can increase or decrease the volume. The program defaults the volume to 100 % saying that it won't change volume when converting.

I also decided to try converting with TLC (Traders Little Helper) and it worked great with no sound increase. So i guess i should use TLC for best conversion.

Date: May 3, 2018 00:16

Yeah Traders Little Helper is reliable, and it uses the genuine LAME and FLAC exes.

If your converter is doing things that you aren't asking it to do - even says that it doesn't do - then what else is it messing with? Not all MPEG encoders are created equally winking smiley

Posted by: MrTurner ()
Date: May 3, 2018 03:36

THE DON
When converting Flac files to mp3 files for listening on my device or computer (but not for my stereo) i noticed the volume being louder on the converted mp3 file.

The program i am using to convert is Pazera and my settings for converting is set to:

So why does the converted mp3 file sound much louder on the same audio player MediaMonkey used for listening both flac and mp3 files.

I've used the Pazera audio extractor - convertor for years. It seems very efficient and to work on nearly every audio file. I notice on the front window there is a volume slider on the bottom left which I've never moved. It sits at approx 40%. I presume this is the default setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 03:38 by MrTurner.

Date: May 3, 2018 04:54

MrTurner
THE DON

I've used the Pazera audio extractor - convertor for years. It seems very efficient and to work on nearly every audio file. I notice on the front window there is a volume slider on the bottom left which I've never moved. It sits at approx 40%. I presume this is the default setting.

Pazera states this:
Using the Volume slider you can adjust the sound level in the resulting MP3 file. When set to 100%, the volume will not change.

My settings for Pazera Volume has never been changed and is set at 100 % and therefor according to there instructions says it should not change the volume but in my case it converting FLAC to mp3 made it louder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 04:55 by THE DON.

Date: May 3, 2018 09:18

Hmm, well I've just downloaded Pazera_FLAC_to_MP3_Converter_PORTABLE and converted a FLAC with default settings (volume says 100%, but is actually set at about 40% the length of the slider - it goes up to 300% at the end) and there is no difference in volume.

Date: May 3, 2018 10:20

JimmyShelter
Hmm, well I've just downloaded Pazera_FLAC_to_MP3_Converter_PORTABLE and converted a FLAC with default settings (volume says 100%, but is actually set at about 40% the length of the slider - it goes up to 300% at the end) and there is no difference in volume.

It's funny because until today when using Pazera to convert Flac to mp3 with same settings never noticed any volume difference but today the mp3 came out alot louder and even on second try. So after i tried with TLC and it made no volume difference i figured i should cont more on TLC and not Pazera.

Now i'm not sure what to say lol.

Date: May 3, 2018 10:24

If Traders works for you then use it drinking smiley

Personally I use Traders, I think it is good and reliable, does allsorts of other stuff as well.

Date: May 3, 2018 11:08

JimmyShelter
If Traders works for you then use it drinking smiley

Personally I use Traders, I think it is good and reliable, does allsorts of other stuff as well.

Hey JimmyShelter,
Would you be interested in trying 2 of the flac files from the album i converted using Pazera and see if you get same result?

If yes I will send you an e-mail and i'll than forward you the 2 flac files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-03 20:51 by THE DON.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: May 5, 2018 04:22

foobar2000 is great for file conversion (and playback) if you are tech savvy enough to download the FLAC and LAME .exe files to the appropriate folder on your PC. foobar2000 link

Date: May 6, 2018 11:04

If you are even more tech savvy,the conversion can be done from the command line.

As simple as this command example :

sox /home/name_of_user_/Music/Under_the_Radar.flac /home/name_of_user_/Music/Under_the_Radar.mp3

Or,substitute .mp3 for .wav or .ogg or whatever other format.

That's without downloading .exe files from the internet,which in general is bad practice.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: May 6, 2018 12:42

Foobar2000 - the easiest way to convert audio files!

Encoder Pack for foobar2003 which contains Mp3 (Lame) and others:
[www.foobar2000.org]
Also you can add a lot of Components to foobar2000:
[foobar2000.org]

Date: May 6, 2018 17:34

Typing in a one line command is easier. Once your system is set-up for it. I have done it both ways.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home