Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wanted: Tina Turner with the Stones!
Posted by: sjef345 ()
Date: September 21, 2005 21:37

Hi all,

I'm a fiteen year-old boy from the Netherlands. My favourite artist is Tina Turner but I also admire the work of the Rolling Stones and I'm planning to visit a show when they come to Europe next summer.

Currently, I'm looking for recordings (audio or video) of Tina together with the Stones or one of the Stones solo. Stuff I already have is: Mick & Tina in Tokyo 1988 on DVD, I have a recording of Mick performing during a Tina concert in Osaka, also in 1988 (playing Honky Tonk Woman) on CD, Gimme Shelter featuring Ike & Tina and ofcourse Live Aid with Mick in 1985.

I know Ike & Tina were (one of) the support act(s) in 1966 in the UK and in 1969 on the US tour. I also know Tina solo was a support act in 1981 on the US tour. And I think Tina also jammed with the Stones at the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame party in 1989.

I'm interested in everything featuring Tina! So, if anybody out their has anything with Tina or Ike and Tina, let me know and we'll figure something out.

Thanks!
Sjef.
s.huijbregts@onsnet.nu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-21 21:40 by sjef345.

Re: Wanted: Tina Turner with the Stones!
Posted by: gilles ()
Date: September 21, 2005 23:05

hi,

if u are interested in original silver pressed stuff
i have this mint DVD:

-DVD Mick Jagger Tokyo 1988 Tokyo Dome 1988 w/Tina Turner

20 euro shipping included by paypal or money transfer...

ps: i just sent u an email

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 22, 2005 03:26

Hi, I'm a fellow Tina fan too! Regarding the Hall Of fame with Tina and the stones i have a newly improved version which I'll gladly burn for you if you drop me a line. Off the top of my head she sings honky tonk women and start me up with mick and co, then she does a killer river deep, mountain high.
Solo stuff that i really recommend; Barcelona 1990, it's widely available on VHS but there are brazilian copies on DVD, I think they're bootlegs but I'd love a copy. Her voice on that show is so raw that it amazes me everytime i hear it. from 1990 her voice was toned down in the mix on official recordings, and it loses its rawness. Tina with Bryan Adams is awesome too, he seems scared to be on the same stage with her. Also, she did diva's live 1999, on VH1 it's out on DVD but it's edited. The complete version of Proud Mary is must have stuff and 'Lets Stay Together' is one of the best versions she ever did. I'm always torn between the Barcelona 1990 version, the Diva's 99 version and a pop show she did when it was first released (it's on 'The girl from nutbush' VHS) sadly, lets stay together wasn't included on the offical diva's dvd.
On a final note, my rock and roll claim to fame is that I sang a few lines of the song '24/7' with Tina at the Millenium Stadium in 2000. The only problem is that i don't really remember it as I was in shock at the time!!

My email is Flairville@aol.com if you need the HOF DVD!

Date: September 22, 2005 05:49

She sang with Jagger on Honkey Tonk Women at one of the 1981 New Jersey Rolling Stones concerts.A recording exists and should be available if you look around for it.

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: September 26, 2005 00:37

I'am looking for a recording of Ike & Tina Turner form Oakland 1969, november 9th. They were the support act for the Stones. Some time ago the recording was seeded on dime a dozen I think. Looking for some who has a copy of it.

Cheers,

Dolf, p.s. lots to trade in return.

Posted by: sjef345 ()
Date: September 26, 2005 16:06

@ Dolf: If you'll be able to find this recording, please let me know, I would be very interested in having a copy of this.

If someone else has it, please let me know too.

@ Flairville: I've sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago. Have you recieved it?

All the best!
Sjef.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 26, 2005 16:34

Sjef, you have mail!

Posted by: Dolf ()
Date: September 26, 2005 17:29

Will do Sjef, Hope if you can catch it...let me know too.

Cheers,

Dolf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home