Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chorzow PL 1998
Posted by: smudr ()
Date: November 11, 2017 11:28

Hi everybody,

can anybody post Chorzow 1998, please. Audience recording, not soundboard.

Thank you very much

Re: Chorzow PL 1998
Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: November 11, 2017 11:39

Is there even a audience recording of this show? There's a great pro-shot of the incomplete show, but the audio is very dry: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 11, 2017 14:35

RaiseTheKnife
Is there even a audience recording of this show? There's a great pro-shot of the incomplete show, but the audio is very dry: [www.youtube.com]

Yes. On my DAT master. Not sure if it circulates. Probably there's more talking between songs compared with TV edit.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 11, 2017 18:44

I found this in my txt files, but can't find the recording......:

1998.08.14 Slaski Stadium, Chorzow, PL {DSP}

This is a remaster of Marko's post

01 Intro
02 Satisfaction
03 Let's Spend The Night Together
04 Flip The Switch
05 Gimme Shelter
06 Anybody Seen My Baby *
07 It's Only Rock n Roll
08 Saint Of Me
09 Out Of Control
10 Paint It Black
11 Miss You
12 Band Introductions *
13 You Don't Have To Mean It
14 Wanna Hold You *
15 Little Queenie *
16 You Got Me Rocking
17 Like A Rolling Stone
18 Sympathy For The Devil
19 Tumbling Dice
20 Honky Tonk Women
21 Start Me Up
22 Jumping Jack Flash
23 Brown Sugar

*AUD source

notes:

The 2 sources were (1) mono-SBD and (2) stereo-audience. SBD has a 4-band stereo widener applied for simulated-stereo sound. AUD source has a hard-limiter applied because the crowd was louder than the music at times. Analysis of the waves WILL reveal clipping, but it's only the crowd's yelling and clapping that was clipped in order to bring the music higher into the mix.

Original files were retracked to correct timing errors -- the first 0.8 sec of many songs were contained on the previous track, rather than on the song to which it belonged.

The between-song banter was out of synch on the source, presumably because VGP resequenced songs to include the audience source at the end, consequently some songs were introduced out-of-order. I only moved the obvious ones where a song was introduced by name and left all other between-song sound intact.

"Let's Spend The Night Together" had a digi-noise on the source at 1:04-1:06. I didn't fix it.

Final edits were done in Goldwave v5.58.

-Laughingsam
21MAR2011

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: November 12, 2017 01:12

Monsoon Ragoon
RaiseTheKnife

Yes. On my DAT master. Not sure if it circulates. Probably there's more talking between songs compared with TV edit.

Please share your dat master, it will be appreciated!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 12, 2017 07:01

Andrea82
Monsoon Ragoon
RaiseTheKnife

Please share your dat master, it will be appreciated!

Can take a while. I don't know where it is and would have to send it to somebody because I can do nothing with it. Don't worry, it's no great recording, recorded at the back of the stadium, see VGP bonus tracks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home