Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post Mick Jagger's Political New songs
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 28, 2017 10:25

Mick Jagger on political new songs: 'We obviously have a lot of problems'

[www.usatoday.com]

The songs are official

Mick Jagger has surprised with two sharply political new tracks.

Gotta Get a Grip and England Lost, released Thursday, are urgent responses to the "confusion and frustration with the times we live in," he says in a statement. The songs are about the "anxiety" and "unknowability of the changing political situation."

On England Lost, which features British rapper Skepta, the Rolling Stones frontman uses a football team's losing game as an analogy for a country at a political crossroads.

"It’s about a feeling that we are in a difficult moment in our history," Jagger writes. "It's obviously got a fair amount of humor because I don’t like anything too on the nose, but it's also got a sense of vulnerability of where we are as a country."

Gotta Get a Grip, meanwhile, is about how "despite all those things that are happening, you gotta get on with your own life, be yourself and attempt to create your own destiny," he says.

Jagger started writing the songs in April and said they're not attached to any specific album. "I didn’t want to wait until next year when these two tracks might lose any impact and mean nothing," he writes.

The rock icon was particularly inspired by hip-hop titan Kendrick Lamar, who is "also talking about discontent and he really nailed it," he says.

As for the current political climate, ‘’we obviously have a lot of problems," Jagger writes. "So am I politically optimistic? … No.”

Jagger released videos for both Gotta Get a Grip and England Lost, which star Girls actress Jemima Kirke and Beauty and the Beast's Luke Evans, respectively.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-28 10:30 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: Post Mick Jagger's Political New songs
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: July 29, 2017 01:10

Veeeeery interesting. A new MJ "CD single" or what? Perhaps we just classify these in our collections as internet-based releases, no hard copy any more. Any suggestions? Anyway, thanks for the post. There are even more versions at [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 29, 2017 01:42

stonesman87
Veeeeery interesting. A new MJ "CD single" or what? Perhaps we just classify these in our collections as internet-based releases, no hard copy any more. Any suggestions? Anyway, thanks for the post. There are even more versions at [www.youtube.com]

It's available on CD, 12" single as well as download.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: July 29, 2017 01:49

There is a limited 12' vinyl maxi single and a CD single available:.
[mickjaggerstore.com]

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: July 29, 2017 01:57

Thanks for helping me "get a grip" on the release formats. I was feeling a bit "lost".

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: July 29, 2017 11:28

Please,Can someone post the Mick's phone-intervew by Zana Love via wetransfer if possible?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home