Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post Mick Taylor tracks - Titles to be identified - A little side project for all of us IORR-ians
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 26, 2017 21:19

23 live-tracks (and one studio jam) from MT's long and winding live era as a solo and guest artist 1986 - 2011 of
which the tracks' titles aren't identified for the Complete Works database yet. Some of them are most probably unreleased
original compositions, but a lot of them might be more obscure blues standards or deep cuts, which should be
identifiable. So if you know any of the tracks by title (or even more details), please write to: nzb@nzentgraf.de or leave a message here.
Thanks.

01 - 860802 2nd MT New York City track 3.flac positive identified as Jelly, jelly, jelly by James Cotton
02 - 860802 2nd MT New York City track 8.flac
03 - 870703 2nd MT New York City track 4.flac
04 - 900616 MT Young Neal New York City track 1.flac
05 - 900616 MT Young Neal New York City track 5.flac is Little Willie John's Heartbreak
06 - 910208 MT Harman Los Angeles track 1.flac >>> 'Got News' (as listed on the 1992 'Black Top Blues Pajama Party' LP by James Harman)
07 - 910208 MT Harman Los Angeles track 2.flac
08 - 910208 MT Harman Los Angeles track 7.flac
09 - 910208 MT Harman Los Angeles track 11.flac
10 - 910419 MT Harman San Francisco track 4.flac
11 - 910419 MT Harman San Francisco track 8.flac
12 - 930507 MT Tumblin Dice NYC 1st track 2 (first half).flac
13 - 930521 MT Portland track 5.flac is B.B. King's I Want To Get Married
14 - 931207 MT Reid Los Angeles track 3.flac
15 - 931207 MT Reid Los Angeles track 6.flac
16 - 950630 MT Ventura track 8.flac
17 - 991024 MT Tokyo track 7.flac
18 - 010601 MT van Lier Oosterwolde track8.flac >>> is announced as Slow Blues in C >>> further info about composer and exact title is unknown
19 - 020721 MT Breitenbach track 3.flac
20 - 090508 MT Petit Durham track 06.flac
21 - 090508 MT Petit Durham track 10.flac
22 - 100729 MT Petit London track 4.flac >>> People Talk as to be found on Stephen Dale Petit LP Live at High Voltage
23 - 111125 MT Chesne Pioneertown track 4.flac
24 - bonus - 900000 MT Adam Bomb - unknown blues (NYC-sessions).flac

new Download-Link
[www.filefactory.com]

Hope you can help.
If not, just enjoy these fabulous blues tracks.

addition
Young Neal stands for Young Neal & the Vipers
Harman stands for James Harman Band
Reid stands for Terry Reid
Lier stands for Hans van Lier Band
Petit stands for Stephen Dale Petit
Chesne stands for Paul Chesne Band

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:30 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: Post Mick Taylor tracks - Titles to be identified - A little side project for all of us IORR-ians
Date: June 26, 2017 21:27

track 01 - 860802 2nd MT New York City track 3.flac

Jelly, jelly, jelly by James Cotton
storm started raining
I'm sa lonesome sa a man can be (twice)
everytime it rains now
I realize what you mean to me

if you read my letter baby
you sure must have read my mind (twice)
if you wouldn't enough to left me
to sit alone and cry

it's down right rotten
low down dirty shame (twice)
the way you've been treating me
and I know I'm not to be blame

Jelly, jelly, jelly
jelly roll stays on my mind (twice)
jelly roll killed my pappy
and drove my mama stone blind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 21:30 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: Post Mick Taylor tracks - Titles to be identified - A little side project for us all
Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: June 27, 2017 05:27

thanks a lot for rare MT!! not a conoisseur though... but this is brill! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 05:28 by NathanLaze.

Re: Post Mick Taylor tracks - Titles to be identified - A little side project for us all
Posted by: zubbid ()
Date: June 27, 2017 18:22

The first James Harman item (Track 6, here) appears to be called either 'Got News' (as listed on the 1992 'Black Top Blues Pajama Party' LP) or 'I've Got News' — both titles appear in the 'Songs' listing on Harmon's AllMusic page.

Here's a link to a video of Harmon playing (a slower version of) the same song we have here:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 18:22 by zubbid.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: June 27, 2017 20:44

22 - 100729 MT Petit London track 4.flac

This one's called: People Talk

and you can find it on one of the greatest live albums ever - Stephen Dale Petit - Live at High Voltage --- an incredibly powerful performance!!! Go and get it while you can!! An artist who deserves to be supported...

Here's the review from The Blues Magazine:
“A few moments into side one of At High Voltage, Stephen Dale Petit’s spit hits and sizzles on the microphone shield and it’s like a bomb just went off. This is hands-down just about the greatest live record you’ll ever hear. The band – ex-Rolling Stone and current Pretty Thing Dick Taylor, drummer and fellow Pretty Thing Jack Greenwood and harpist Laurent Mouflier – couldn’t be a more perfect foil for the ever on-form Petit. The fact that Taylor hadn’t picked up a bass since leaving the Stones back in the early 60s is incredible. You’ll seldom hear anyone weave baselines around his fellow musicians or burst into improvisation like Dick does here.

The show was recorded at the High Voltage Festival in 2010 by Mark St John using late Small Faces and later Faces Ronnie Lane’s old mobile studio. It was in this classic old caravan that we heard the tapes of At High Voltage for the first time. We were blown away, literally and figuratively, by the performance we heard – and the sheer volume that these guys like playback at!

It did make us wonder; are we being influenced by our surroundings? Are we just caught up in the moment? Will we feeel the same about this record when we hear it at home?

The fact that At High Voltage is only being released on vinyl makes it easier to replicate that feeling in Mark St John’s legendary studio. You get that same blast of vocal, guitar and harmonica, as as Dick and Jack’s stunning bottom end. The album features run-throughs of the Eddie Cochran classic: Summertime Blues and Johnny Kidd & The Pirate’s evergreen Shakin’ All Over. Both songs were famously blasted through by The Who over the years and we have to say, even they didn’t quite reach the intensity of Petit and friends. Yeah, we know. Fighting words. You’ll just have to judge that for yourself. But covers be damned anyhow. The best song on this album is opener 3 Gunslingers, Petit’s vocal is simply electrifying on this track. It alone is worth the price of the album.

The set-list is completed with Little Walter’s Juke, Freddie King’s Side Tracked and two more great Petit originals, It’s All Good and People Talk. All are delivered with equal intensity. And all too soon, the record’s done and you’re placing the needle at the beginning again.

At High Voltage is Live At Leeds, Dr. Feelgood, 66 Blues Breakers and visceral garage blues in one direct hit. The fact that this album is only available on vinyl shows that Stephen Dale Petit, Mark St John and the guys that captured this incredible show on tape know exactly what they’ve got. It’s too good for digital. If you don’t have a record player, buy one – 10/10.”

Recorded By Paul Madden on the Ronnie Lane Mobile Unit at High Voltage Festival, London 2010
Assisted By Bobby Whelam
Mixed By Dennis Weinreich at The Smokehouse
Assisted by Jonathon McMillan

Lovingly mastered for LMS in glorious, living analogue by our unsung genius – Gwyn Mathias
Executive Producers: Mark St John and Paul Madden

This album was recorded to tape and is an analogue recording.
Play it loud for optimum sound reproduction and greater listening pleasure."

CrazyMama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-27 22:48 by Norbert.

Date: June 27, 2017 23:20

Here is Hans van Lier & The Sidekicks LIVE bij HK Friday Night op Harderwijk FM - 28 min
[www.youtube.com]

Hans is going to ask Mick Taylor about the composer and exact title for this Slow Blues in C (track 18)

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 6, 2018 14:23

Track 5 turned out to be Little Willie John's Heartbreak

Track 13 turned out to be B.B. King's I Want To Get Married

N

Date: January 24, 2018 21:29

Today I have added a new download link

Still hoping to find song titel, songwriter, or other performer that could lead to identifying these tracks performed by Mick Taylor.

Re: Post Mick Taylor tracks - Titles to be identified - A little side project for all of us IORR-ians
Date: August 21, 2018 13:17

One can never stop hoping !

This search for track names is now also on TellMe [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:27 by stonesmuziekfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home