Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Electric Ladeyland tracker??
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 22, 2017 10:24

Hi

The EL tracker has been down for me for a week or so. Is it the same for others? Does anyone know anything about it?

syrel

Re: Electric Ladeyland tracker??
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 22, 2017 11:48

Same here

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: June 22, 2017 12:23

Ah, I was expecting that this might happen sad smiley

We were offline for a few days while we understood what had happened and could get us back online again.

We are back online now ... but ...

You are probably familiar with IP addresses like 88.125.65.18, these are IPv4 addresses and the World has run out of them, so ISPs are having to use IPv6 now. The two systems are not compatible with each other and most ISPs get round that by running a 'dual-stack', they run both side by side.

Unfortunately, most German ISPs seem to be just switching from IPv4 to IPv6 and dropping support for IPv4 altogether, that is what has happened to us.

You need to check if you can use IPv6, most OS's and Browsers are IPv6 capable, but some ISPs aren't yet. Also some browsers default to using IPv4.

There is some info about IPv6 here:

ipv6-test.com

www.ipv6now.com.au

There may be ways around this for people without IPv6 access, such as 'tunnels', and I know of at least one person who is trying a tunnel and has said he will keep me informed.
If I find anything that works I will come back and keep you informed.

Re: Electric Ladyland tracker??
Date: June 22, 2017 13:37

OK, that first test link is saying IPv6 is unavailable to me. I've emailed my ISP to find out if they support it.

ADDED: They just got back to me; they don't support IPv6. I also just tried connecting using my employer's VPN, but no dice either. sad smiley

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 13:45 by syrel.

Date: June 22, 2017 13:51

A bit more info from my ISP, in case it's helpful (I don't understand much of this):

their hostname still points to IPv4 and v6, although they may have left their old one on the record.

electricladyland.synology.me has address 88.130.61.92
electricladyland.synology.me has IPv6 address 2001:16b8:2c7a:6100:211:32ff:fe19:2d17

syrel

Date: June 22, 2017 14:22

syrel
A bit more info from my ISP, in case it's helpful (I don't understand much of this):

their hostname still points to IPv4 and v6, although they may have left their old one on the record.

electricladyland.synology.me has address 88.130.61.92
electricladyland.synology.me has IPv6 address 2001:16b8:2c7a:6100:211:32ff:fe19:2d17

syrel

Yes, I think that will be the problem for some people, that DNS is still reporting the IPv4 address which is now unreachable. I don't think we are able to change that.

Check this site http://ipv6-test.com/ to see if your browser's default is IPv6, if it isn't, does it have fall back?
If the answer to both is no (ie the default is IPv4 with no fall back) then you might need to change the settings in your browser - or try another browser.
Hover your mouse over the blue question mark icons and see if it has any suggestions for you.

I have come across this suggestion but I don't know if it works:

For Firefox & other Mozilla/Gecko-based browsers, the network.dns.disableIPv6 setting in about:config should be set to false.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 16:29

[techglimpse.com]

Useful?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 16:43 by andrews27.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: June 22, 2017 16:35

oh shit.....i can`t get in.....and don`t understand most of what is explained here sad smiley

Date: June 22, 2017 17:10

andrews27
[techglimpse.com]

Useful?

Useful. Thanks. Pretty much what I said above but in a way that people might understand smiling smiley

CaptainAcid
oh shit.....i can`t get in.....and don`t understand most of what is explained here sad smiley

Oh, what! We were going to ask you to do the night shift eye rolling smiley
Sent you an email mate.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 22, 2017 17:36

JimmyShelter
andrews27
[techglimpse.com]

Useful?

Useful. Thanks. Pretty much what I said above but in a way that people might understand smiling smiley

CaptainAcid

Oh, what! We were going to ask you to do the night shift eye rolling smiley
Sent you an email mate.

Sorry Jimmy, I also understand almost anything... my side and fault of course! confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 17:37 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 17:41

CaptainAcid

guess what:
jimmy and I are used to this problem now for days and I still don`t understand
the half of what he has written here.

the problem is a real pain in the ass.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: June 22, 2017 17:54

falo01
CaptainAcid

guess what:
jimmy and I are used to this problem now for days and I still don`t understand
the half of what he has written here.

the problem is a real pain in the ass.

Oki doki eye rolling smiley ....at least i know you are working on it...... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: June 22, 2017 19:23

Well at least for me it' s working fine. I can access the site even if I haven' t changed or done anything.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: June 22, 2017 19:36

Rolling on
Well at least for me it' s working fine. I can access the site even if I haven' t changed or done anything.

But can you download something?????

I can't...

Checked if I had an IPv6 or only an IPv4 address and I have both (but I should check if I can make the fallback time longer than 1 second):

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 22, 2017 19:46

Can anybody check and see if my sandwich is still in the fridge?

Date: June 22, 2017 20:30

Munichhilton
Can anybody check and see if my sandwich is still in the fridge?

Sorry mate ... eye rolling smiley
I'll make you another.

coowouters
Rolling on

But can you download something?????

I can't...

Checked if I had an IPv6 or only an IPv4 address and I have both (but I should check if I can make the fallback time longer than 1 second):

You can't download? Do you mean you can't download from the site or your client isn't doing anything?

It doesn't look like you should be having any problems, that's the best one I've seen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 20:35 by JimmyShelter.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 22, 2017 20:40

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 18:06 by midnrambler.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 20:57

No problem to me to access and to download.

If it's a IPv6 problem maybe IPv6 isn't enabled in your system.

For Windows 10 (same for Windows 7):
- open System Control
- open Network and Sharing Center
- open Change Adapter Settings
- right click on your listed Network Device and open Properties
Here you will see if IPv6 is enabled (checkmark) or not.

Date: June 22, 2017 21:00

midnrambler
Users of a Fritz!Box (mostly in Germany) must enable the IPv6 support in the Fritz!Box menu under (in German): Internet/Zugangsdaten/IPv6 tab. It seems to be disabled by default. Then it works for me.

Same for Speedport Router (German Telekom): You have to check if IPv6 is enabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 21:02 by werther2003.

Date: June 22, 2017 21:35

JimmyShelter

You can't download? Do you mean you can't download from the site or your client isn't doing anything?

It doesn't look like you should be having any problems, that's the best one I've seen.

Seems that my client ended his relation wit ELL :-)
Only ELL isn't working; torrents from other sites are no problem.

I quickly downloaded another client to check (QBittorrent) and that one is doing fine with a download from ELL...

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 22, 2017 21:44

Sorry, but this does not work for me!
Good-bye!

Date: June 22, 2017 21:53

Good to see some people getting back in anyway.

This is something else that I have come across that might help some people (I think there will be lots of different problems with different solutions).

Windows users check that Teredo tunnelling is installed (should be from Vista onwards, although it might need installing in Windows 10)

How to Install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter in Windows 10

ft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-driver-not-working-solved-on-windows-10

If it is but isn't helping it may be because it thinks that IPv4 is available and it is trying to use that.

There is a fix for WINDOWS VISTA and WINDOWS 7 (if that is what the problem is)
I have NO IDEA if it will work on any other version. Try that at your own risk.

In fact I cannot test it myself, and I make no guarantees.

It involves adding a value to the Windows Registry, and this is how you do it if anyone wants to try it:

Open NotePad or whatever text editor you use and create a new text file.
Add the following (not the dotted lines, just what is between them)

---------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dnscache\Parameters]
"AddrConfigControl"=dword:00000000

--------------------------

save the file as 'add-ipv6.reg' or whatever you want to call it as long as it has the .reg extension.

Create another file and add this:

---------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dnscache\Parameters]
"AddrConfigControl"=-

--------------------------

save this file as 'remove-ipv6.reg'

Now double-click 'add-ipv6.reg' will add the value to the registry, and 'remove-ipv6.reg' will remove it again (who would have thought that eh?)

You will probably have to reboot after adding or removing it.

I'll say it again: I can't test this and it is for Windows Vista & 7.
It's your choice, I don't want to hear "Jimmy told me to do it" eye popping smiley
(seriously, it shouldn't do any harm, but I don't know if it will help either, if it doesn't or causes other problems just remove it again)

Date: June 22, 2017 22:00

coowouters
JimmyShelter

Seems that my client ended his relation wit ELL :-)
Only ELL isn't working; torrents from other sites are no problem.

I quickly downloaded another client to check (QBittorrent) and that one is doing fine with a download from ELL...

Nice one, and thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be useful.

I've had to change the announce at EL to send IPv6 address back to the clients, I think most trackers are probably still using IPv4.
In fact in all the tracker code that I've looked at I haven't seen any that are ready for IPv6, they all seem to be based on the same original code.
I've had to work this out for myself because I couldn't find any examples of someone already having done it.
I suspect that a lot of those other trackers are in for a big shock one day.

Date: June 22, 2017 22:09

If I want something from ELL, I'll use this QBittorent; works perfect with ELL.
Nice speed (up and down), and the client seems safe.
(I tried with a boot that didn't interest me as there was nothing new and stopped the download after a couple of minutes).
For other torrent sites, I'll just keep on using µTorrent.

Thanks to all who are trying to resolve this issue, although I think that a lot of people are scratching their head trying to figure out what all this "geek" stuff is about, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they should try what I did and install QBittorrent and try it out just for ELL? It's a simple client, but does what it is supposed to do.

Chris from Belgium

Date: June 22, 2017 22:11

A list of BitTorrent clients which support IPv6 you'll find here:

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

utorrent 3.5 working fine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-22 22:13 by werther2003.

Date: June 22, 2017 22:21

My uTorrent 2.2.1 is working fine as well actually.

Who could have seen this coming? IPv6 was only started in 1998!!!

PS. Sorry about all the geek stuff, when I figure out what I'm talking about I'll try to make it more understandable smoking smiley

PPs. Thanks to everybody who is trying to help here, it will probably takes lot's of different solutions to fix lot's of different problems.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: June 23, 2017 05:05

I had an expert friend make sure Firefox was allowing IPv6, but no luck connecting to EL yet here in the US.

P. S. - Still using Windows XP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-23 05:11 by andrews27.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 23, 2017 12:25

I did check with this tool [ipv6-test.com]
It tells me my provider does not support IPv6
Think there is 2 things to do, either ask my provider to start supporting IPv6 or switch to another provider
angry smiley

Date: June 23, 2017 13:00

This is a serious pain Jaap.

I'm trying to find solutions where I can but I'm starting to think that you are probably right.

I find it hard to believe that this is happening to be honest.
I never realised that this was the state of things, and how it got to this point is beyond me.

I keep seeing ISPs that are only IPv4 and ISPs that are only IPv6, it's bad enough that so many ISPs haven't caught up with IPv6 support yet, but for others to be turning off IPv4 support while this is still the situations is beyond belief.

The word that keeps coming up is ISPs (and belief), that's where the problem lies, I suspect that the reason for it comes down to money (read GREED), but have they considered how much this is going to cost their beloved economies?

EL is 'just' a tiny tracker that we all use, in the greater scheme of things, we don't matter to them. But what effect must this be having on businesses? One thing I've noticed at EL is that there have been no search bots since we got back online, they don't seem to be able to get through to us. That doesn't worry me because I blocked them anyway, but some people will be relying on them.

Unbelievable.

But if people start harassing or even leaving ISPs because of it, that might make them take some action.

Hope to have you back soon mate.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 23, 2017 13:27

andrews27
I had an expert friend make sure Firefox was allowing IPv6, but no luck connecting to EL yet here in the US.

P. S. - Still using Windows XP.

Hi andrews27

XP should not be the problem, I found a German (!) instruction, and yesterday I follwowed these, but I still can get to ELL

[www.tecchannel.de]

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home