Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQ: Philly march 16th, 1999
Posted by: eibert ()
Date: May 6, 2017 17:09

Is there someone in the universe with a decent copy of the concert, march 16th, 1999.
I'll appreciate it, if so, you will upload this ones

thanks in advance
eibert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-06 17:09 by eibert.

Re: REQ: Philly march 16th, 1999
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 6, 2017 17:17

mfg 32

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:20

stonesmuziekfan
mfg 32

You can find the link for the MfG-32 DVD here: [iorr.org] (it's some 4.10 GB )

And here's a WT link (valid until May 13th) for a CD version from an unknown label:

[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Date: May 6, 2017 18:27

Chris, thanks. I had seen the dvd in the archive but don't know how to rip it

Eibert

Date: May 6, 2017 19:14

eibert

Eibert

The same way you would do with a CD rar file.

But there might be a problem; I'm not sure if you can download the MfG-32 if you don't have a premium Filefactory account because it's only one large (4.1 GB ) rar file. But you will see if you try to download; if you don't have a premium account and you need one to download, Filefactory will put a message on the screen. That way you will not touch your monthly ISP quota (if you have a limit of course).
(I'm not sure if this file limit still exists)

So ,if you can download the MfG-32, when finished just rip it as you would do with a CD and then you can burn the VIDEO_TS file to a DVDr.

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 7, 2017 06:47

I have a File factory premium account.
I can d/l and get it to wetransfer in separate posts

Date: May 7, 2017 11:37

coowouters
eibert

Eibert

The same way you would do with a CD rar file.

But there might be a problem; I'm not sure if you can download the MfG-32 if you don't have a premium Filefactory account because it's only one large (4.1 GB ) rar file. But you will see if you try to download; if you don't have a premium account and you need one to download, Filefactory will put a message on the screen. That way you will not touch your monthly ISP quota (if you have a limit of course).
(I'm not sure if this file limit still exists)

So ,if you can download the MfG-32, when finished just rip it as you would do with a CD and then you can burn the VIDEO_TS file to a DVDr.

Chris, I did know this, but making a cd from a dvd, I know it is possible but I don't know how to do that, and that was just my problem, But you've solved it with your wetransfer upload. thumbs up

Eibert

Date: May 7, 2017 13:05

eibert
Chris, I did know this, but making a cd from a dvd, I know it is possible but I don't know how to do that, and that was just my problem, But you've solved it with your wetransfer upload. thumbs up

Eibert

If you have a DVD, there are several softwares to extract the audio.
The only problem is that you will usually get one large audio file, but you can use an audio-split software (for example Audacity) to cut that file into tracks and then burn them to CD.

Chris from Belgium

Date: May 7, 2017 13:55

Thanks for the info

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 7, 2017 18:53

You don't need a computer or software to extract audio from a DVD.

Just use left and right RCA audio jacks out of your DVD player in to the left and right RCA audio in jacks of a stand alone CD burner. Very easy, Just track it yourself while playing the DVD, or make one long 80 minute track and re track it later.

Date: May 7, 2017 20:32

deardoctortake1
You don't need a computer or software to extract audio from a DVD.

Just use left and right RCA audio jacks out of your DVD player in to the left and right RCA audio in jacks of a stand alone CD burner. Very easy, Just track it yourself while playing the DVD, or make one long 80 minute track and re track it later.

I know that too, but not everybody has a stand alone CD burner.
And what about (re-)naming the tracks, let alone recording a 2 hour show that way...
Don't get me wrong; it IS a possibility, but I'm afraid not the best one.

If I'm wrong, just let me know; I do not pretend to know everything on this subject, on the contrary; my knowledge is restricted to the way I always do it.
(I'm already very happy that I discovered "AVS Video Converter", so I can finally make DVDs with track separation/naming and a working menu (with a "choose track" sub-menu, without having gaps when choosing the "Play all" option smiling smiley )

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: May 8, 2017 10:06

instead of extracting a lossless version from dvd, does nobody has the original audio files available?

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 8, 2017 10:34

I posted on IORR
16/03/99 First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA « Second Night In Philly »
some months ago
Norbert

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: May 8, 2017 10:35

falo01
instead of extracting a lossless version from dvd, does nobody has the original audio files available?

Can' t find it in my collection. What' s the name of his release? I found only Oakland 99 but nothing more from 99.
Did he release a remaster for it or did he only remaster the audio for the DVD release? That' s what I' m thinking the most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-08 10:36 by Rolling on.

Date: May 8, 2017 11:13

there may be more than one recording from this show, but this is the one I used for the DVD, uploaded on hungercity by LGT in 2011:

[www2.pic-upload.de]

[www2.pic-upload.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-08 11:16 by falo01.

Date: May 8, 2017 11:41

falo01
there may be more than one recording from this show, but this is the one I used for the DVD, uploaded on hungercity by LGT in 2011:

[www2.pic-upload.de]

[www2.pic-upload.de]

This was an early MfG release. You made the artwork for it by yourself. Later on Mr. D did the beautiful art and there were more infos about the video and audio sources. That' s why only you know the audio used for this release.

Date: May 8, 2017 11:58

Rolling on
falo01

[www2.pic-upload.de]

[www2.pic-upload.de]

This was an early MfG release. You made the artwork for it by yourself. Later on Mr. D did the beautiful art and there were more infos about the video and audio sources. That' s why only you know the audio used for this release.

yes I know. question is if someone else has the audio. you havent collected AUD recodings back then a lot, have you?
I can prepare it for an upload if someone wants it.

Date: May 8, 2017 12:00

falo01
Rolling on
falo01

[www2.pic-upload.de]

[www2.pic-upload.de]

No, you' re right. I don' t have it. First I thought the Captain made a remaster by himself but I couldn' t find one. Nothing what he has released in his collection.

yes I know. question is if someone else has the audio. you havent collected AUD recodings back then a lot, have you?
I can prepare it for an upload if someone wants it.

Date: May 8, 2017 15:05

Date: May 8, 2017 15:21

falo01
[we.tl]

Seems to be the same as the one I uploaded.
So is it a Falo release? (A little confused here....)
The artwork is the same

(and in my info file it also says "The Rolling Stones
First Union Center
Philadelphia, PA
March 16,1999

Source: Schoeps MK4's>Schoeps VMS02IB>Sony SBM-1>Sony TCD-D8
Recorded from Section 3 row 10 next to the catwalk by Schoepsnbox & Wklitz

"

Is your upload a remastered version of my upload?

Chris from Belgium

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-08 15:32 by coowouters.

Date: May 9, 2017 10:15

coowouters
falo01
[we.tl]

Seems to be the same as the one I uploaded.
So is it a Falo release? (A little confused here....)
The artwork is the same

(and in my info file it also says "The Rolling Stones
First Union Center
Philadelphia, PA
March 16,1999

Source: Schoeps MK4's>Schoeps VMS02IB>Sony SBM-1>Sony TCD-D8
Recorded from Section 3 row 10 next to the catwalk by Schoepsnbox & Wklitz

"

Is your upload a remastered version of my upload?

the DVD of course, is my version. the audio I uploaded yesterday was an upload from hungercity back in 2011 and unchanged. If I remember correctly I once asked
for an upload because there was either no good audio available, or I knew about a better recording that I didnt had yet, to work on the DVD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 10:16 by falo01.

Date: May 9, 2017 11:13

Ah, OK,
Got it smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home