Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Should skorpio65 get off of this cloud?
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 13, 2017 04:32

Sure it goes on my nerves to see these pages polluted with his countless threads, but in the end it's the webmaster's choice to tolerate this or not.

What's not tolerable imho is the sale of pirate copies of official material (if that's what skorpio65 is actually doing, or at least partly). Everybody who's doing that should be banned. The Stones seem to tolerate a lot, but I would not count on them tolerating the sale of illegal copies of official material forever. With a letter from the Stones' lawyers in his hands, I have no doubt that BV would not hesitate to close this section once and for all. But again, it's his task to take action and his choice to do so or not.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 13, 2017 11:09

retired_dog
Sure it goes on my nerves to see these pages polluted with his countless threads, but in the end it's the webmaster's choice to tolerate this or not.

What's not tolerable imho is the sale of pirate copies of official material (if that's what skorpio65 is actually doing, or at least partly). Everybody who's doing that should be banned. The Stones seem to tolerate a lot, but I would not count on them tolerating the sale of illegal copies of official material forever. With a letter from the Stones' lawyers in his hands, I have no doubt that BV would not hesitate to close this section once and for all. But again, it's his task to take action and his choice to do so or not.

YES

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 13, 2017 11:12

TheGreek
Ok , if anyone wants Hampton 81 or 1978 live go to the store or online retailers and buy the official licensed material (probably for a fraction of what this person is asking for and get it in the best quality video and audio and don't get ripped off buying an inferior quality BOOTLEG ( does that clear up YOUR issue ?)

Is it your business if a buyer is fool enough to buy "an inferior quality BOOTLEG"?
Do you allow "Handsome Girls" to be sold here? And the countless Brussels 73 releases, and Miami 94?...
I am anxious to read your wise advices...

TheGreek
Also to further add I have many times received wonderful items that other kind people have posted links on here because they want to SHARE the joy of our favorite band for FREE .Imagine that huh ?

Aaah, when it's free there is no problem for you... Same old story, no comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 11:39 by mitch.

Date: April 13, 2017 11:48

stonesman87
Be very careful to understand that by starting this topic, I haven't asked for a ban, so that mention has nothing to do with what I mentioned at the start.

Sorry, but the title of your thread: "Should skorpio65 get off of this cloud?" was quite clear for me.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 13, 2017 12:36

TheGreek
mitch
TheGreek
OFFICALY LICENSED MERCHANDISE THAT BELONGS TO EAGLE ROCK

Yes, and?...
Even still unreleased tracks are copyrighted if you want to go far...
Can a boot released 30 years ago be considered a copy when the official release is only 2-3 years old?
Beside that, can we sell the TSP Miami 94 boot?, the Dandelion St-Louis 97 boot? the NJ 94 boot?

Where is your problem?
Ok , if anyone wants Hampton 81 or 1978 live go to the store or online retailers and buy the official licensed material (probably for a fraction of what this person is asking for and get it in the best quality video and audio and don't get ripped off buying an inferior quality BOOTLEG ( does that clear up YOUR issue ?) Also to further add I have many times received wonderful items that other kind people have posted links on here because they want to SHARE the joy of our favorite band for FREE .Imagine that huh ?

What's your problem? I have plenty of bootlegs from Hampton 81 (vinyl, cd, dvd) and did buy all the official releases as well. Imagine that - some people COLLECT stuff and don't need your advice what to buy and where to stay away.
I'm earning my money without your help, I'd like to spend it without your advice, Thanks.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: April 13, 2017 12:59

mitch
stonesman87
Be very careful to understand that by starting this topic, I haven't asked for a ban, so that mention has nothing to do with what I mentioned at the start.

Sorry, but the title of your thread: "Should skorpio65 get off of this cloud?" was quite clear for me.

Perhaps not clear enough for some. The title of this thread that I started, as I stated, does not ask for a ban. It's a question about whether or not skorpio65 should, in plain English terms, leave of his own volition, or, as an alternative, change his approach to appease the wishes expressed by no small number of members. I'll be the first to state that the jury's still out on the question of whether or not any or all members' wishes are justified. It's an open question calling for any responses, whatever they may be. And I haven't expressed my own opion about this. I've been careful not to. What I have done is call for comments from members about the matter for the purpose of hopefully arriving at a consensus, or at least a majority position which perhaps the moderator should then, and only then, decide whether or not to act on.

And let me clarify even further by referring to my observation that many members are calling for all the postings to be consolidated into a single line instead of many, many entries. That way, all the matters would be visible in a single view instead of being scattered far and wide over the forum. It appears there is a lot of support for that, as a changed approach, to be the solution to appease a lot of members who have indicated they are unhappy with the current approach.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 13, 2017 13:09

mitch
TheGreek
Ok , if anyone wants Hampton 81 or 1978 live go to the store or online retailers and buy the official licensed material (probably for a fraction of what this person is asking for and get it in the best quality video and audio and don't get ripped off buying an inferior quality BOOTLEG ( does that clear up YOUR issue ?)

Is it your business if a buyer is fool enough to buy "an inferior quality BOOTLEG"?
Do you allow "Handsome Girls" to be sold here? And the countless Brussels 73 releases, and Miami 94?...
I am anxious to read your wise advices...

TheGreek
Also to further add I have many times received wonderful items that other kind people have posted links on here because they want to SHARE the joy of our favorite band for FREE .Imagine that huh ?

Aaah, when it's free there is no problem for you... Same old story, no comment.
Comment time "I guess that went right over your head huh " (also to respond ,I do not have "handsome girls "in any version I have the OFFICAL Brussels 73 release and Miami 94 I purchased the Pay Per View .Do you want to see my sales receipt ?) Free advice time ,Do your homework and Get Your Facts correct .Was that a good enough COMMENT .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 13:14 by TheGreek.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 13, 2017 15:00

Many thanks to skorpio65 for succeeding to set the members up against each other!

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 15:05 by coowouters.

Date: April 13, 2017 15:20

coowouters
Many thanks to skorpio65 for succeeding to set the members up against each other!

Chris, this has crossed my mind as well. It's more controversial than first thought. Indeed, there is hostility. It's further demonstration that a change of some sort is needed. I hope the moderator decides on something to do soon, otherwise IORR might implode.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 13, 2017 18:59

coowouters

which oddly enough is also the tactic of the person i mentioned on a springsteen forum which has allowed a spammer to go ballistic

Date: April 13, 2017 19:35

coowouters

This is some members hysterical behaviour against skorpio65 which is problematic here.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: April 13, 2017 21:12

the only person behaving hysterically is skorpio he's just started another two threads for the same set he already has four threads for. I put forward the idea of him having one thread but now he's taking the piss in the same way every other spammer does across the net.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 13, 2017 21:25

ade
the only person behaving hysterically is skorpio he's just started another two threads for the same set he already has four threads for. I put forward the idea of him having one thread but now he's taking the piss in the same way every other spammer does across the net.

All anyone has to do is use the 'report button', give your reasons for objecting to the posts and let the moderater decide, just like on any forum..............

Date: April 13, 2017 21:34

yeah but now it's with a 20% discount LOL .Let's see how much more the discount/fire sale reaches?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 21:20 by TheGreek.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 13, 2017 21:46

I have no problem with the guy selling bootlegs.
(As long as they haven't been released officially) I think Hampton 81 is on his list?
I wouldn't ban the guy.
I'd suggest he only uses one thread any bumps it up now and they.
I don't think any of us should get in his grill about prices or what we think they might be worth.
Full disclosure : I'm in sales and sales training. Just like any profession, it can be done well or poorly.
In my opinion, his multiple posts of the same item should be discouraged.
Reporting his post is the best option.
This fellow should be allowed to sell his product here.
I hope he takes this feedback and uses one post.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 13, 2017 22:51

TheGreek
yeah but now it's with a 10% discount LOL .Let's see how much more the discount/fire sale reaches?

Maybe it's a going out of business sale...lol

Date: April 14, 2017 00:01

The call for skorpio65 to combine all his stuff into a single post is becoming louder and louder. I trust that bv is reading all this and will make a decision and take steps soon. He runs the whole shebang, it's his baby, and it's up to him, but bv, please let us all know what you think so we can be guided by your thoughts about this.

Date: April 14, 2017 00:11

stonesman87
Member activity in this forum has almost completely evaporated. I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

It appears to me that activity has almost evaporated because members have stayed away in droves. It appears to me that members no longer want to participate in this forum whilst skorpio65's large number of mostly unwanted (not my opinion, but observation based on all the comments) frequent posts create a logjam in this forum. I visit a few times every day. There are almost no new posts. The rate of new posts has almost flatlined. That sends some kind of clear message. Right now, there are only two posts apart from this one before posts are at least "two days ago". I can't remember seeing this before. I get the impression that members don't even want to click into this forum for fear of seeing more and more posts from skorpio65.

I invite anybody to post comment about this in order to resolve what clearly appears to be a stalemate. It's no good continuing like this. A universally satisfactory resolution needs to be arrived at. Your comments and suggestions ........

You are in breach of rule 2..... [iorr.org] ........."Oh so innocently try to solve a 'problem'....".....but still shit stirring really.......

IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Please read the "forum help and policies" information on these pages. Please do also note that there are three forums, not just Tell Me. If you want to trade then use the trading forums.

There are few rules on IORR:

Please do not offend
Please do NOT discuss other private persons in the public
Please NO politics and NO religion talks
Off Topic posts may be deleted if they are too many and/or silly

IORR is made thanks to thousands of helpful fans and friends who collaborate with reviews, comments, reports and information. Please note that IORR is a web site I am running in my spare time, as a free service for more than two million Stones fans all over the world. IORR has been online since 1996, now running for seventeen years. IORR is non-commercial, with no ads. As of July 2013 IORR has got 840,000 i.e. close to one millon unique web pages of contents, probably the most content rich web Rolling Stones web site there is.

If your post is missing then please use the "Search Authors" option. May be it is merged into an existing thread on the same subject. Or may be your post was deleted, due to the above rules.

Thanks for your understanding!
BV

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 00:16 by EddieByword.

Date: April 14, 2017 00:20

EddieByword
stonesman87
Member activity in this forum has almost completely evaporated. I've stayed on the sidelines regarding skorpio65's multiple posts and all the responses, more negative than positive, and what I'm going to say is objective observation, not opinion or suggestion.

It appears to me that activity has almost evaporated because members have stayed away in droves. It appears to me that members no longer want to participate in this forum whilst skorpio65's large number of mostly unwanted (not my opinion, but observation based on all the comments) frequent posts create a logjam in this forum. I visit a few times every day. There are almost no new posts. The rate of new posts has almost flatlined. That sends some kind of clear message. Right now, there are only two posts apart from this one before posts are at least "two days ago". I can't remember seeing this before. I get the impression that members don't even want to click into this forum for fear of seeing more and more posts from skorpio65.

I invite anybody to post comment about this in order to resolve what clearly appears to be a stalemate. It's no good continuing like this. A universally satisfactory resolution needs to be arrived at. Your comments and suggestions ........

You are in breach of rule 2. [iorr.org]

IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Please read the "forum help and policies" information on these pages. Please do also note that there are three forums, not just Tell Me. If you want to trade then use the trading forums.

There are few rules on IORR:

Please do not offend
Please do NOT discuss other private persons in the public
Please NO politics and NO religion talks
Off Topic posts may be deleted if they are too many and/or silly

IORR is made thanks to thousands of helpful fans and friends who collaborate with reviews, comments, reports and information. Please note that IORR is a web site I am running in my spare time, as a free service for more than two million Stones fans all over the world. IORR has been online since 1996, now running for seventeen years. IORR is non-commercial, with no ads. As of July 2013 IORR has got 840,000 i.e. close to one millon unique web pages of contents, probably the most content rich web Rolling Stones web site there is.

If your post is missing then please use the "Search Authors" option. May be it is merged into an existing thread on the same subject. Or may be your post was deleted, due to the above rules.

Thanks for your understanding!
BV

The possibility of this being in breach did not occur to me, and I had no intention of doing so. Nevertheless, the fact remains that a lot of members are unhappy with what skorpio65 is doing, and that the major call is for him to consolidate all his activity into a single post.

In this regard, allow me to cite one current and conspicuous example: " THE ROLLING STONES 4 DVD SET RARE IMPORT combined shipping 10% OFF" makes noticeable recurring appearances. Right now, it's at [iorr.org] as well as being duplicated at [iorr.org]. I'll save any emotive comment, and instead leave it to members to wonder why this should be so.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 14, 2017 00:26

If you have any issues with this then email bv at this address: iorr@arena.no
He has the power to merge and/or delete posts.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 14, 2017 00:59

Deltics

Exactly.............there's no problem........thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2017 02:17

EddieByword
Deltics

I'm not sure about that. More than 50 posts so far indicate there's a problem. It's the most controversial and hotly-debated matter I've seen at IORR possibly ever. A lot of disturbing aggro, antagonism, negativity, mistrust, all of it not at all pretty, especially the "member against member" elements that have crept in. I'm doing my level best to remain neutral and objective, but wow, that's very difficult to keep doing. I'll keep trying to avoid emotive talk in what I have to say. My sole objective to to assist in arriving at an end to so much member dissatisfaction, regardless of whether anybody agrees or disagrees with any point of dissatisfaction. As I've indicated previously, this really needs to end with a basis that at least the majority is satisfied with. That, I again repeat, appears to simply be consolidation of any case of this kind into a single post instead of posts repetitively and continuously scattered throughout the forum.

My prime example, based on continued objective observation - I don't know how many times we need to be reminded of "THE ROLLING STONES 4 DVD SET RARE IMPORT combined shipping 10% OFF", including shouting upper-case font. I'll back that up with a hypothetical example. Just imagine if the Stones Vault people did a separate post for each and every mention they have to make. The forum would suffer the mother of all catastrophic floods. We already have a mini-flood with potential for the same effect. It simply needs more efficient administrative management.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 02:25 by stonesman87.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 14, 2017 05:18

stonesman87
EddieByword
Deltics

I'm not sure about that. More than 50 posts so far indicate there's a problem. It's the most controversial and hotly-debated matter I've seen at IORR possibly ever. A lot of disturbing aggro, antagonism, negativity, mistrust, all of it not at all pretty, especially the "member against member" elements that have crept in. I'm doing my level best to remain neutral and objective, but wow, that's very difficult to keep doing. I'll keep trying to avoid emotive talk in what I have to say. My sole objective to to assist in arriving at an end to so much member dissatisfaction, regardless of whether anybody agrees or disagrees with any point of dissatisfaction. As I've indicated previously, this really needs to end with a basis that at least the majority is satisfied with. That, I again repeat, appears to simply be consolidation of any case of this kind into a single post instead of posts repetitively and continuously scattered throughout the forum.

My prime example, based on continued objective observation - I don't know how many times we need to be reminded of "THE ROLLING STONES 4 DVD SET RARE IMPORT combined shipping 10% OFF", including shouting upper-case font. I'll back that up with a hypothetical example. Just imagine if the Stones Vault people did a separate post for each and every mention they have to make. The forum would suffer the mother of all catastrophic floods. We already have a mini-flood with potential for the same effect. It simply needs more efficient administrative management.
thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2017 08:05

Hey geordiestone, thanks for supporting my statement of principle.

Date: April 14, 2017 09:10

stonesman87
EddieByword
Deltics

Oh god...........there's no problem because the solution to this 'outrage' is right there in front of you and anyone else.............as has been pointed out by myself and Deltics..........use the report button or email the moderator .... iorr@arena.no ......... (and don't continue to breach rule 2 - you never know, you might end up getting reported and banned for inviting all this discussion of a private individual!) .......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 09:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 14, 2017 09:18

Yes it's annoying with all the superfluous threads, but remember this problem can never by solved by bullying the seller. It's an issue which NEEDS to be solved by the administrator of this forum, no other solution is realistic.

The dvds he's selling are often old outdated versions of concerts which have later on been remastered, completed and bettered with nicer artowrk by ''Falo'' and his ''Mission from God'' project. But if people want to pay for old dvds with inferior quality, then that's their choice and I will not judge them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 09:20 by EasterMan.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: April 14, 2017 09:24

This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.

For me there is no problem if someone wants to sell here. If any of you attends record fairs will find the same prices of this seller. Each of us is not obligated to buy.

cool calm and collect......and peace

Date: April 14, 2017 10:55

stonesman87
More than 50 posts so far indicate there's a problem.
It just indicates some hysteria about what is just an ad, and you strongly contributes to it with your thread.
Nothing more.

Date: April 14, 2017 10:56

TheGreek
Comment time "I guess that went right over your head huh " (also to respond ,I do not have "handsome girls "in any version I have the OFFICAL Brussels 73 release and Miami 94 I purchased the Pay Per View .Do you want to see my sales receipt ?) Free advice time ,Do your homework and Get Your Facts correct .Was that a good enough COMMENT .

Thanks for your answer. It just confirms you know nothing about the releases you talk about.

The official Brussels 73 has different tracks and mix than the boots...
The Miami show was never officialy released in its entirely, so you need a boot to have it...
In those 2 simple cases the boots brings something more the official doesn't have, but there are lot more.

Come back to me when you know a little bit more.

Date: April 14, 2017 13:56

mitch
TheGreek

Thanks for your answer. It just confirms you know nothing about the releases you talk about.

The official Brussels 73 has different tracks and mix than the boots...
The Miami show was never officialy released in its entirely, so you need a boot to have it...
In those 2 simple cases the boots brings something more the official doesn't have, but there are lot more.

Come back to me when you know a little bit more.
You are sadly mistaken and misinformed . I choose the Official Brussels 73 because I wanted the Official release by the Rolling Stones because I support the Rolling Stones and wanted it in the Highest quality and because I will not support some strange shadowy bootlegger with questionable quality/control product .Buy from someone you know and trust . I have never purchased product from this page ,I have traded and received product from other like minded Stones fans that want to SHARE in the joy of our favorite band .The Miami Pay Per View 1994 concert I purchased the official Pay Per View broadcast and kept it for my own personal pleasure in it's complete running order from Whoppi Goldberg's introduction to the last encore . I believe in purchasing officialy licensed product by the Rolling Stones because I believe in getting the product in the highest quality available and the Rolling Stones always know best in terms of quality control of their own product and merchandise .I hope I have cleared up any misunderstanding as I have no other outstanding issue .Have a Great Day smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home