Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones on Trump Presidency
Date: November 16, 2016 19:29

(Source)

RollingStone.com
The Rolling Stones attempted to shine an optimistic light on Donald Trump's victory in an interview with The Associated Press.

"I don't think he's gonna be as radical as he was coming into it," said drummer Charlie Watts. "I think a lot of what he said is gonna be tempered down, because if it isn't, it's gonna be a hell of bloody ride for four years." Watts went on to express his distaste with all politicians.
Guitarist Ronnie Wood admitted the results were "mind-blowing," but noted after the Brexit vote nothing — including a Trump presidency — would have surprised him. "There will be some changes made," laughed Wood. "Hopefully they'll be good ones."
In classic fashion, Keith Richards declined to comment on the matter, calling it "a blank spot to me" and letting out a gruff laugh. Mick Jagger didn't delve into it the nitty-gritty either, but said with a playful grin: "Everyone outside the U.S. is kind of mystified, I'd say, that's the polite word."
Trump came under fire by the Rolling Stones after repeatedly playing "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at campaign rallies, including at the end of the Republican National Convention. While the band asked Trump to stop using the song, he defied the group and even played it after his victory speech.

Re: The Rolling Stones on Trump Presidency
Date: November 16, 2016 19:30

Sorry if this goes against the rules, but it's not intended to be a strictly-political thread. Just spreading some Stones news that happens to involve politics.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 16, 2016 20:36

Mick Jagger didn't delve into it the nitty-gritty ..... but in this rip this joint performed in Australia (if I remember correctly) he had these lyrics after some 2 minutes: "Hillary Clinton give me a blow `xxx"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 05:26 by stonesmuziekfan.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: November 17, 2016 10:42

Ha ha , Yes !
But it was at New York, Webster Hall 9.2 1993

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: November 17, 2016 18:13

I did notice some documentary I saw about Trump playing Sympathy For The Devil - that seemed appropriate smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home