Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DVD OR AUDIO ? - what do you view or listen to most?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 1, 2016 22:33

If you have a concert on DVD & CD, what do you go back to for a repetitive listen or view.?
For me audio all the time. I listen more to audio CD's than I would view a DVD of the same concert. I find once I have watched a DVD I tend to shelve it. Just my opinion. I appreciate how much time and effort goes into compiling and posting a DVD. It's all about opinons what's your's?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-02 09:32 by Tonstone.

Date: May 1, 2016 23:39

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 15:31 by blueswithafeeling.

Re: DVD OR AUDIO ? - what do you view or listen to most?
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 1, 2016 23:48

Most of the time audio, but when I do have the time I appreciate a nice dvd with a good performance, or a rare video. But most of the time audio.

Date: May 2, 2016 09:36

blueswithafeeling
Audio only. Video almost never. No time for sitting in front of the screen for hours. I think music is something to listen to, not to watch.

Good point Blues, maybe it is a time thing, I am with you on that.

Date: May 2, 2016 09:49

barbabang
Most of the time audio, but when I do have the time I appreciate a nice dvd with a good performance, or a rare video. But most of the time audio.

I enjoy the smaller show DVD's and am really looking forward to the Totally Sripped release.I think with larger outdoor shows there is a tendency to try and capture all that's going on as well as the performance. Leading to sometimes an exhausting view. Sweet Summer Sun for example.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 2, 2016 10:15

blueswithafeeling
Audio only. Video almost never. No time for sitting in front of the screen for hours. I think music is something to listen to, not to watch.
exactly my opinion, I have many DVDs I admit to have never watched!
Norbert O.

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 10:36

I can't Watch and listen at the same time
give me music alone

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 2, 2016 11:30

When I am on my crosswalker I love to watch a dvd
must try harder to get on the crosswalker for the whole show though grinning smiley

Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 15:08

barbabang

I agree with you. 95% audio, 5 % video.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 2, 2016 17:32

Mostly audio..unless I have a new dvd....cds can be put on & listened to while doing "things" whereas dvds must be watched...

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: May 2, 2016 18:33

detroitken
Mostly audio..unless I have a new dvd....cds can be put on & listened to while doing "things" whereas dvds must be watched...

+1 smiling smiley

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 19:42

coowouters
detroitken

+1 smiling smiley

me too spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 2, 2016 20:25

Stone601
coowouters
detroitken

+1 smiling smiley

...and +1!

Date: May 2, 2016 21:02

Quique-stone
Stone601
coowouters
detroitken

+1 smiling smiley

...and +1!

Hi Guy's thank you for taking the time to respond. I know we are all similar in our collecting - I don't want to miss a thing !!! but have to draw the line somewhere. If ever of you guy's are in Scotland you must contact me, a bed and Malt whisky are always on hand, plus a long nights Stones session will be had. Tonstone' s pad is always ready - and access to the Scottish Vault - you never know what you might find. !!!!! Haste Ye Backe

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 3, 2016 01:19

Tonstone
Quique-stone
Stone601
coowouters
detroitken

+1 smiling smiley

...and +1!

Hi Guy's thank you for taking the time to respond. I know we are all similar in our collecting - I don't want to miss a thing !!! but have to draw the line somewhere. If ever of you guy's are in Scotland you must contact me, a bed and Malt whisky are always on hand, plus a long nights Stones session will be had. Tonstone' s pad is always ready - and access to the Scottish Vault - you never know what you might find. !!!!! Haste Ye Backe

What a kind and generous offer!
I have since 2 years a very good friend living in Dublin and have made some cyber friends from England, so adding you in Scotland was the excuse I was needing to travel over there...plus Germany is my longtime trip dream btw!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 3, 2016 01:26

Tonstone
Quique-stone
Stone601
coowouters
detroitken

+1 smiling smiley

...and +1!

if you're ever in Detroit......

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 3, 2016 02:10

For Live Bootlegs i do preffer Video, for oficial music CDs, when i have time to delight the soul i play vinyl LPs

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 4, 2016 13:38

rogerriffin
For Live Bootlegs i do preffer Video, for oficial music CDs, when i have time to delight the soul i play vinyl LPs
Yes, yes, yes

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 4, 2016 16:37

Audio all the way. I have a lot of DVDs just collecting dust. Thinking about dumping them actually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home