Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

old tape recording
Posted by: martinthai ()
Date: February 22, 2016 17:48

Hi I have a cassette tape recording of an august 2nd 1993 jam that took place during the voodoo lounge sessions at RW's home studio in Kildare between the Stones and Jerry lee lewis,they play mostly JLL songs and there is great banter between MJ an JLL.RW does talk about this session in his book and so did KR in an interview around that time(I have a copy).

The recording is not finished studio grade and on a cassette tape but it is 25 minutes long of quality rock and roll.

I know its genuine CW gave it to me himself in December 93 when I worked for him at his home in north devon and I only found it the other day during my home move along with some other stones memorabilia I have all wrapped up in bubble it for protection,I played it and it sounds great don't know what to do with it or if it has any value but a great thing to have.

Re: old tape recording
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 22, 2016 18:00

Nice to have and hard-core collectors will now start making you nice offers for it smiling smiley
We, the poor people, will of course ask if you could find someone to transfer it to CD and share it here for free smiling smiley

Anyway congrats on getting this and finding it again. (I guess this is one of a kind; never heard of it)

I would take good care of it and immediately make a back-up (with a double cassette deck or so).

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 22, 2016 19:04

Everything Chris says............(although if you're able to transfer to CD or computer hard drive do that too............cool smiley

Date: February 22, 2016 19:15

EddieByword
Everything Chris says............(although if you're able to transfer to CD or computer hard drive do that too............cool smiley

How to transfer cassette to PC:
[www.wikihow.com]
(Available in several languages; you can find them at the very end of the manual

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-22 19:16 by coowouters.

Date: February 22, 2016 19:25

coowouters
EddieByword

How to transfer cassette to PC:
[www.wikihow.com]
(Available in several languages; you can find them at the very end of the manual

I've got a seperate double cassette tape player/recorder and CD player/recorder attached to an amp (and record deck & tuner), so can record from any of those to CDr.........

Posted by: oldstoned ()
Date: February 22, 2016 23:05

share this recording, then sell the original source winking smiley

Date: February 22, 2016 23:13

First, welcome to the board! Second, if you could share it here, that would be fantastic!

Posted by: oldstoned ()
Date: February 22, 2016 23:18

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
First, welcome to the board! Second, if you could share it here, that would be fantastic!

that is what I meant!

Date: February 22, 2016 23:21

oldstoned
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

that is what I meant!

I know, I'm just agreeing with you.

Posted by: edwinholland ()
Date: February 22, 2016 23:26

Maybey it's wrong from me to put my question here, but I try it to.
I have a tape from a radio broadcast from a dutch singer that I like to have on a cdr to, it's from boudewijn de groot can some one help me I live in Holland. thanks

Date: February 23, 2016 01:29

Edwin, at the bottom of the site for which I posted (to transfer to PC), you can choose to go to the page in Dutch.
As soon as your Cassette is transferred to your PC, you can burn a CD from your PC.

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 23, 2016 06:35

Thanks for the comments I appreciate the advice but I guess that after spending 15 of the best years of my life working for CW I have a loyalty to him and would not sell the personal gift items that CW gave me of which I have many although the commercial merchandising stuff is taking up good space and could be sold etc ,where would be a good place to list these items I have signed tour jackets ,T shirts ,CW signed vic firth pre signature model used drum sticks from the Voodoo lounge tour wembley show,VIP passes etc etc.

I have been approached a few times by a Paper in the Uk to do a serialized memoir and they offered me very good money but they wanted to hear only bad things about CW ,but when I told them there just isn't anything "bad" to say they then wanted to embellish my memories and experiences with made up crap "to give it some juice" their words so I told them to shove it and will keep my memories private thanks.

As for the RS & JLL Kildare studio tape I would consider making it available to serious collectors it is too good to be hidden away and just so different from the expected norm of the stones but how to go about doing this without incurring the wrath of some lawyer and covering cost ??.If anyone is interested in the tape make an offer to aeoneadvice@gmail.com

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 23, 2016 12:05

Thanks Marinthai for not giving in to the press. That's cool on your part. Keep rocking. Say hi to Charlie for me next time you see him. Cheers.

Date: February 23, 2016 14:31

frankotero
Thanks Marinthai for not giving in to the press. That's cool on your part. Keep rocking. Say hi to Charlie for me next time you see him. Cheers.
+1

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: edwinholland ()
Date: February 23, 2016 15:09

Thanks for the information, very usefull, but don't have a tape recorder, and my knowledge isn't that good. never saw this boudewijn de groot 't spant from the radio on the internet.

Date: February 23, 2016 16:50

Thanks for the comments coowouters

Date: February 23, 2016 17:01

martinthai
Thanks for the comments I appreciate the advice but I guess that after spending 15 of the best years of my life working for CW I have a loyalty to him and would not sell the personal gift items that CW gave me of which I have many although the commercial merchandising stuff is taking up good space and could be sold etc , where would be a good place to list these items I have signed tour jackets ,T shirts ,CW signed vic firth pre signature model used drum sticks from the Voodoo lounge tour wembley show,VIP passes etc etc.

I have been approached a few times by a Paper in the Uk to do a serialized memoir and they offered me very good money but they wanted to hear only bad things about CW ,but when I told them there just isn't anything "bad" to say they then wanted to embellish my memories and experiences with made up crap "to give it some juice" their words so I told them to shove it and will keep my memories private thanks.

As for the RS & JLL Kildare studio tape I would consider making it available to serious collectors it is too good to be hidden away and just so different from the expected norm of the stones but how to go about doing this without incurring the wrath of some lawyer and covering cost ??.If anyone is interested in the tape make an offer to [email protected]

A list could be posted here, alternately you could put stuff on ebay........(or both.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-23 17:01 by EddieByword.

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: February 23, 2016 23:37

martinthai, your story is very interesting! I think it's very noble to not give in to the press and their awful ways. Personally, I'd rather hear all the nice stories, and I'm sure a lot of folks here would too, but that's not what sells unfortunately.

I'd love to hear the music from this tape, although I'd have no use for the tape itself. I'd be willing to "help" whoever did get the tape and converting.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: February 24, 2016 11:31

martinthai, thanks for the story and infos about this very interesting recording.

For the curious like me, can you give us a tracklist of the songs they ran through?

N

Posted by: sbetz ()
Date: February 29, 2016 21:31

Yes, a track listing would be tantalizing, please!

Date: March 2, 2016 07:02

WILL LIST THE TRACKS ONCE I LOCATE A CASSETTE PLAYER TO PLAY IT ON NOT EASY TO FIND NOW MUST BE A GOOD ONE AS I DONT WANT TO BREAK THE TAPE IT IS 22 YRS OLD NOW.

BUT I CAN SAY THE BANTER IN BETWEEN THE TRACKS BETWEEN THE STONES AND JLL IS BRILLIANT.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 07:18

My vote is for sharing it here for free. smiling smiley

Date: March 5, 2016 06:43

once digitized considering making the recording available for download to the public for a small fee to cover the costs of setting this up in a way to also protect the tape from profiteers but only if there is a big enough interest in the recording from genuine fans.

Have a pro studio that will digitize the tape for me but I don't trust anyone with it for obvious reasons so bear with me whilst I work out the best method.

Posted by: afilosa09 ()
Date: March 5, 2016 09:29

martinthai
once digitized considering making the recording available for download to the public for a small fee to cover the costs of setting this up in a way to also protect the tape from profiteers but only if there is a big enough interest in the recording from genuine fans.

Have a pro studio that will digitize the tape for me but I don't trust anyone with it for obvious reasons so bear with me whilst I work out the best method.

Charging a fee might be controversial. I understand completely why you would want to do it though. Plenty of the stuff that freely circulates now was once only available for a price (often a high price compared to normal albums). I support your decision, especially since you make you clear that you aren't interested in making a profit, but simply cover your costs. I hope you are able to find a good method to get this digitized, and will patiently wait until then! smiling smiley I personally think my interest is big enough alone to inspire you to continue with this project!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2016 16:28

Any luck getting it digitized? If not the tracklist would still be interesting ;-) Thanks!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home